How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by hotrod04 Will the Nav tool allow me to program destinations while moving or do I still need ...
    luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod04 View Post
    Will the Nav tool allow me to program destinations while moving or do I still need to cut the dark green/white wire at the radio?
    you will need to disconnect it

hotrod04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

Does anybody know how to hook up already installed aftermarket headrest DVD players to the Nav-tool and to the oem nav screen? Tried feeding the rca jack output video to the nav-tool video one, then the toogle switch and nothing??

Does the screen turn black when the toggle switch is on? Where are you taking the video signal from? I would guess the output from the DVD player, but you are powering 2 tv's and a front nav screen with a video feed.... you have to use a video amplifier, are you using one?

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylife33 View Post
    Does the screen turn black when the toggle switch is on? Where are you taking the video signal from? I would guess the output from the DVD player, but you are powering 2 tv's and a front nav screen with a video feed.... you have to use a video amplifier, are you using one?
    When I flip the toggle the screen does not turn black. I hooked the green wire up and the blue wire up-I don't have a cam yet but when I put the car in reverse the nav turns black so I think the cam hookup will work fine. I found the output at the DVD player so did the video hookup between the dvd and the nav-tool and flip the toggle back and forth and nothing. Tried a portable dvd and went from a/v out to the nav-tool and nothing? No amplifier. How long before I can PM? I have posted several times but only been a member for a short time? Thanks a bunch Lux.

Well Lux--I decided to run the rca from the headrest dvd to video #2 (camera) and when I put the car in reverse bingo the movie started playing so I thought maybe the green wire wasn't hooked up right. I unplugged the rca jack from vid #2 and placed it in vid #1 on the nav-tool and the movie was playing great, switch the toggle and back to normal

ok kool! ... i just grounded the white and green wires from what i remember...

d-dash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Escalade EXT

Yeah, for video 1 to work you have to have the green wire and BOTH white wires grounded. If you connected the green wire to the parking brake switch like they say to, you will have to have the parking brake on for it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by d-dash View Post
    Yeah, for video 1 to work you have to have the green wire and BOTH white wires grounded. If you connected the green wire to the parking brake switch like they say to, you will have to have the parking brake on for it to work.
    Thanks for the great info, that little trick cost me a couple of day's. Grounded the green wire and everything works great now.

dssrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade Ext.

Has anyone hooked this up to the factory rear DVD player so that both screens play from the same DVD movie from the rear overhead player?

Quote Originally Posted by dssrocks View Post
    Has anyone hooked this up to the factory rear DVD player so that both screens play from the same DVD movie from the rear overhead player?
    This question has been answered about 3 times in this thread...

Rcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Smile Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

Works GREAT!!!!...with one minor exception. Need my headlights on to make the screen stop the horizontal "scroll". (kinda funny)
    Here is where I need some help. Where do I draw power for the NAV TV? I pulled it from one of the wires in larger harness going into the back of the HU. Obviously this interfaces with the headlight switch. Since it was dark when I was working on it, when I turned on the key to test my connections, power was sent to the wire because the lights are on "auto". During the day they're off. Get it?
    I figure I need switchable power (with iginition). Can you help this novice please???

BTW: While I had the dash off I did the following (thanks to this forum): "snipped" the dark green/white wire for NAV while rollin', installed a PAC L5 iphone interface (works like a charm) and installed the NAV TV ribbon wire and "box". Now I need to run the video from the RSE. Not excited about trying to pull off interior parts like the "B" pilar, etc, but I guess that's what I've got to do.
    Bottom line: Where is 12v ignition power near my HU and tips on running wire from the RSE to the HU.
    Thanks VERY much to all for the excellent advice and expertice!

The NavTV MUST run off the accessory switch. When the key turns to the first click, thats your accessory. (followed by ignition and finally the starter) I tapped into the remote start that was under my dash. The wires come right off the ignition switch. Just get a test light and figure it out, its pretty simple!

Rcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Ok. Thanks for the help.

obxdiver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum

The below print shows ACC and ACC/RUN power distribution with wire colors.
    See if this is what you need

Does any one know what is involved to be able to use back up camera while moving forword? I have the nav-tool installed and everything works as intended except I can't use the cam while moving down the hyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.