How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I still need to adjust the rings around the camera to get it straight and also face it up a ...
    luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

I still need to adjust the rings around the camera to get it straight and also face it up a little more.... otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with the $20 camera with night-vision!

d-dash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Escalade EXT

Re: How To: NavTv - Nav Tool - Video interface for the stock Delphi Navigation Screen

Very nice. My camera is apparently taking 10-15 days to ship so i am going to just hook everything else up tonight and add the camera later. Any quick pointers you can give me? Do i really need to go to the ignition harness to find power like the install directions state? other than that i plan to hook it up to my rear entertainment system, so that should be fun taking down the headliner.

Got mine installed and it works great. Took the video output from the overhead dvd player. was all quite easy. Also, i did find on here that someone found the reverse wire at the bcm. The far right plug in the bcm has three wires, one of which is light green. This is the reverse wire. I have hooked it up and it works properly. So i am just waiting on the backup camera.

hotrod04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylife33 View Post
    Skill Level - 7/10 ..... 10 being the hardest. If you can install a radio, you should have no problem. If you have limited wiring/electrical knowledge, it is probably best to leave it to a professional!

I wanted to add a rear back up camera, DTV tuner and DVD player to my car, but I did not want to lose my factory Navigation because I don't like how aftermarket units look. The Nav Tool unit I purchased off eBay for $214 shipped. Simply search "Nav Tool Escalade" and the product should come up! Make certain you get the right one, there is a 03-04 Non-Touchscreen version, as well as 05-06 Touchscreen.

Here is the complete set:

Start by removing the outer panel surrounding the radio and cluster. The panel will just pop off. Its easier to have the steering wheel down and transmission in 1st, to get the panel off. Make sure its back in park when your finished.

Remove the 3 bolts holding in the factory unit. Also remove the 2 bolts for the climate control to make more room. Pop off the clips, antenna and nav antenna.

Remove the top panel of the Nav. It will just pop off with a flathead.

Locate the ribbon to the right. This will be the RGB lead that will be removed.

Carefully pull the tabs holding the ribbon in place and save the ribbon, just in case you need it in the future! Insert the new RGB lead and tape it so it is secured!

The finished result should look like this:

Here is the line coming out of the back. The top panel snaps back down into place, with enough of a hole for the cable. The connector will plug directly into the red Nav Tool interface.

Connect the positive / negative lines and plug in your Tv tuner, DVD player, reverse camera! If everything is plugged in right you should enjoy amazing picture quality!

SORRY FOR THE SHITTY IPHONE PICS!
    Lux, will this allow you to play a DVD movie at the Nav unit or do you have to have a seperate DVD player?? Thanks

you will need an external dvd player

you will need an external dvd player
    Lux-Could I run a connection from the headrest DVD to the nav. and watch a movie on the nav. screen? Any news on a better antenna for the HDTV? Thanks.

I guess your talking about the factory headrest dvd's? I would guess so since people have been able to get a signal from the RSE. Im still in the market for an antenna!

I guess your talking about the factory headrest dvd's? I would guess so since people have been able to get a signal from the RSE. Im still in the market for an antenna!
    One more stupid question Lux--What does RSE stand for???

rear seat entertainment .... the roof mounted stock dvd system for back seat passengers, sorry

[QUOTE=d-dash;1798002]Got mine installed and it works great. Took the video output from the overhead dvd player. was all quite easy. Also, i did find on here that someone found the reverse wire at the bcm. The far right plug in the bcm has three wires, one of which is light green. This is the reverse wire. I have hooked it up and it works properly. So i am just waiting on the backup camera.[/
    what is a bcm and where is it?? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d-dash View Post
    Got mine installed and it works great. Took the video output from the overhead dvd player. was all quite easy. Also, i did find on here that someone found the reverse wire at the bcm. The far right plug in the bcm has three wires, one of which is light green. This is the reverse wire. I have hooked it up and it works properly. So i am just waiting on the backup camera.
    What is a bcm and where is it? I would like to hook up a camera also. Thanks

Izzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV

d-dash you say you were able to connect your factory overhead dvd system to the front factory nav unit. Can you give more info on this hook up

Do a search. There was a thread about a month ago with a wire diagram to get the video feed from the RSE.

The BCM is the control module directly under the steering wheel. There are several wire harnesses plugged into it facing the drivers seat. the on furthest to the right has only three wires. One of which is light green. This is the reverse wire.

As for connecting into the factory RSE, you need to take it down by unscrewing the 3 bolts above where the screen folds up. There is then a push pin that you can just pull down. Then the whole unit can be slid towards the drivers side and can be unplugged and completely removed. After the cable from the truck is unplugged there are still 2 plugs in the back of the dvd player. One goes to the screen and the other goes to the aux input. You want the one that goes to the screen. the dark blue wire in this harness is the video +. Strip the end off of an rca and tap the positive wire into the dark blue one. then connect the negative wire to the chassis of the dvd player. To do this i just slightly unscrewed one of the screws and slid a "U" connector behind it. then just run the rca up to the nav/tv box. I was able to fish the cable from the opening for the dvd player to the drivers door above the head liner. I then took it down the b pillar and along the kick panel up to where i put the nav tool. I really should have taken pictures, but my damn camera doesn't work anymore.

Will the Nav tool allow me to program destinations while moving or do I still need to cut the dark green/white wire at the radio?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.