Cadillac Owners Forum banner

3rd Brake Light not lighting

14K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  gnlewis 
#1 ·
I checked some fuses under the hood and by the driver side door, but does anyone know specifically which fuse is responsible for the 3rd brake light? Or are these things known to go bad? Thanks.

#9 ·
lift the hatch glass with the rear hatch door shut, there is 3 black screws/washers, undoing them removes the light with a light pry, have a friend hit the brake while you test the connect where the 3rd light plugs in.

Then if you got power, your light died, if you dont, well then you gotta dig further...

#10 ·
Hello all! I am new to this site but I am glad that I found it! I am having the same problem with my car, I have an '04 esv, but my problem is that the garage door hit the top of my center brake light and cracked the casing. Sometimes the light comes on and sometimes it doesn't. I have been trying to find a used light but have had no luck. anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks

#14 ·
Well my light works, but my lens is all cracked so I know I needed to buy the light...

Just throwing options out there for the others..

Sounds like the one guy with the garage door damage like me needs a replacement himself.

As for nasty blac, he needs to check the power at the connector for the light.

#18 ·
I watched my husband (he's a mechanic) remove it and it is sitting in place and
secured with screws but It is pretty simple. As a matter of fact, mine will ALWAYS be garage kept from now on cause its as simple as lifting the hatch glass and removing 3 screws.

Have a great day,
J.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.