3rd Brake Light not lighting - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 3rd Brake Light not lighting in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Does anyone refurbish these lights? I finally got mine replaced hate to just throw the old one away....
    blkesv2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade esv

Re: 3rd Brake Light not lighting

Does anyone refurbish these lights? I finally got mine replaced hate to just throw the old one away.

Nasty Black Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac AWD

how do you remove the light? I opened the rear door and see no way to check power with my test light. The drivers side has "popped" out a bit - is the light just pressed into place or is it secured with screws?

blkesv2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 escalade esv

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Black Lac View Post
    how do you remove the light? I opened the rear door and see no way to check power with my test light. The drivers side has "popped" out a bit - is the light just pressed into place or is it secured with screws?
    I watched my husband (he's a mechanic) remove it and it is sitting in place and
    secured with screws but It is pretty simple. As a matter of fact, mine will ALWAYS be garage kept from now on cause its as simple as lifting the hatch glass and removing 3 screws.

Have a great day,
    J.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

KrazyKeith is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Black Lac View Post

Pop the hatch glass and not the rear door.

There are 3 screws. undo them, light will come off, then there's the electrical connector.

I just replaced mine a few days ago.

VERY Easy

gnlewis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade ESV

Ok new to forumn here, but have an06 Escalade, only half the 3rd brake light works. Is the power divided into 2 sections? I cannot figure out how to take the whole light off the hatch door either. I can't seem to find any screws? Help please!

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.