MCGAUGHYS or GROUND FORCE?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, MCGAUGHYS or GROUND FORCE? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; What is the difference between the two? price,ride, Looks Plus any know a good shop in the ATL,ga to install ...
    skillernk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

MCGAUGHYS or GROUND FORCE?

What is the difference between the two? price,ride, Looks

Plus any know a good shop in the ATL,ga to install the kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Infamous LadeOn24s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: MCGAUGHYS or GROUND FORCE?

Ground Force uses torsion keys which makes the ride stiffer therefor causing a rough ride. The Mcgauhys kit is a drop spindle which just takes the stock hub and everything and moves it up 2 inches. This results in a stock like ride. I have owned both a ground force and a mcgaughys and I will never ever recomend a ground force to anyone. I am sure in places that have roads like glass the Ground Force is great but I live in pothole central.

skillernk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the info now I just need to find someone to install the kit in GA

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

02BlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

roughly how much is the mcgaughys kit, and how easy is it to install?

gabbman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

its like $425 with the shock extenders installation is around $300 shop around

jamesmbond is offline Cadillac Owners Member

QuestionRe: MCGAUGHYS or GROUND FORCE?

I have a 2002 Escalade with the Ground Force and YES, the ride quality is crap.

I don't have any of the original/stock springs or parts so does anyone know if I need anything additional to change to the Mcgaughy suspension. Basically, if I purchase the Mcgaughy system, are there any "stock" pieces I need to "go back to"?

Thanks,
    JB

Infamous LadeOn24s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

you could keep the rear the same and just buy the drop spindles from Mcgaughys for 200 bucks and you will ride a lot better. The crappy ride comes from the torsion keys.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.