Rear parking sensors not working - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Rear parking sensors not working in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hey guys, check out the end of the this thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1908057...
    zerocarpileup is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Re: Rear parking sensors not working

hey guys, check out the end of the this thread

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post1908057

COWTOWN SURVEYOR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 ESCALADE EXT

My parking assist worked great for years with my reciever hitch attached. One day it stopped working . After a trip to the dealer and some embarrassment I discovered that the little black
    plastic /rubber trailer ball cover that I bought this weekend to cover up my rusty ball was just enough to set it into non working mode. Trailer hitch is still attached minus the cover and everything
    is back to normal.

ddbrand is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade EXT

I know this is an old post, but if by any chance you still have those sensors, I'll take 'um!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by whosurpopi View Post
    Congratulations, That is exactly what was wrong with mine. I used tape to create the good connection, but the zip tie seems like a great Idea. By the way, I have four sensors that are new if anybody wants them. I purchased them before I found my bad connection. $200 for the set shipped.
    I know this is an old post, but if you by any chance should still have these, I'll be happy to buy them from you.

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

mine started working AGAIN AFTER i changed my oil lmao

squiroz000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS

Thank you so much. I did exactly as you said and I fixed it, the wires were loose. Again I appreciate the information.

pro_usa1776 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX

Mine quit working too. Ill check the connections out tonight. I get a 4 beep alarm, and flashing red LED, when I put the car into reverse. I also have my rear brake lights that stay on when the headlight switch is on. If the switch is in the off position the brake lights work correctly.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by pro_usa1776
    Mine quit working too. Ill check the connections out tonight. I get a 4 beep alarm, and flashing red LED, when I put the car into reverse. I also have my rear brake lights that stay on when the headlight switch is on. If the switch is in the off position the brake lights work correctly.

I would bet you have a bad ground as that will cause the issue your having with the lights

The flashing red light means the park sensors have a trouble code in the system I can help with that

John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0
    How do you find trouble codes CM?

Quote Originally Posted by John P
    How do you find trouble codes CM?
    The module is under the second row passenger seat(short wheelbase Escalade only) the test mode harness is next to it

Jumper that and then put the truck in reverse(engine NOT running) and watch the display
    It will flash like this
    Outside red and outside amber
    Codes
    Outside red and outside amber

The test mode loops so it will give you more then one chance to get the codes
    To clear the codes afterwards just remove the jumper and drive the truck up to at least 25mph

Get the codes and I will help out

CaddyEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I am also trying to diagnose this on a 2003 Escalade, there are 2 things under the rear passenger seat. One has a black bosch module with a blue plug and the other is just a multi-wire plug connector. I'm not sure what I am to jumper? And where am in reading the codes from once jumped? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyEscalade
    I am also trying to diagnose this on a 2003 Escalade, there are 2 things under the rear passenger seat. One has a black bosch module with a blue plug and the other is just a multi-wire plug connector. I'm not sure what I am to jumper? And where am in reading the codes from once jumped? Thanks
    The Bosch module should have a small two pin harness likely taped to the larger harness

Jumper it and shift the truck in reverse with the engine not running(just key in run position) it will display the codes then

John P is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade 6.0
    There is nothing under my second row? I've got quad captains if that makes a difference?

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have a Escalade esv?(or a ext?)

If so then it's in a different spot(same module just different location)

Standard Escalade has the module under the second row passenger seat(the test harness is very close to it)

CaddyEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Ok I found it finally, it was under the carpet. Her is what the code I got. First both outside lights amber and red light up then the middle amber light flashes 4 times and then the a single red light on the right. Does that mean anything to you?

You will need to check the reverse input wiring(likely on the harness panel under the right rear quarter panel) and the driver's side outboard sensor(swap the sensors around and see if the code fallows the sensor if so then it's a bad sensor)

Also make sure the harness is snug and tight at the module as sometimes a loose connection there can throw the reverse code

16. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.