Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Can i Just put Smaller Springs in my EXT To Lower it?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  larry_chip 
#1 ·
i really want it lower but i'm to cheap to pay for a Lowering kit & pay to have it installed, i mean i'll pay the 400.00 for the kit but everyone here wants 500.00 to install it!,

So my Question is, Can i Just Put Shorter Spring to Lower It?

& lets say i can't Could i just use shorter springs in the rear to lower it?

because the front is ok it could be a little lower but i could live with it but the rear looks bad! like a 5" Gap with my Rims! maybe i could even it out?

I Don't no about Lowing cars & trucks any help would help out Thanks.

#2 ·
Your Escalade has a sophisticated 4 wheel drive system, not to mention the rear self leveling suspension. So messing with the system or using a cheap drop kit would not be worth the headaches of messing something else up. If you have a $50,000 truck, why would you be cheap about modifying it. If your worried about costs, I would suggest not to even mess with the suspension. From what I know you have to change springs in sets of four.

#4 ·
its a lease truck so i didn't give 50K on it, it will be gone in 24 months,

as for the lowering kit, I Would Buy one But Everyone here wants more money to install the kit then the kits even worth!

I Just thought i could get out of it the Cheap way for a 100.00 bucks or something & just lower the rear like 2 or 3 inchs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.