What To Make my EXT Faster!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, What To Make my EXT Faster! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm Thinking of headers? But the ones i've seen are Expensive My Trucks a Lease so i don't wanna sink ...
    larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What To Make my EXT Faster!

I'm Thinking of headers? But the ones i've seen are Expensive
    My Trucks a Lease so i don't wanna sink 1500 in headers I just want some more HP How much HP will they give me ? if its like 5HP then i don't want them, but if theres a Cheap Set i can Buy & they'll give me alot of HP then i'll take them.

I'm Thinking of Getting a Chip from SuperChips I've never had a Superchip I've had a few Hypertech's but they dont have a chip out for our trucks, what should i go with?

I Have a Intake & Exhuast Allready.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: What To Make my EXT Faster!

supercharger.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

A good set of long tube headers and high flow cats will give you 20-30, but will cost you 1500-2000 installed, cut 500 off that if you install them, you will still need a programmer, or your computer reprogrammed to get the most from your mods. Because your truck is leased I personally would not put a lot on money in it, unless you waste money like I do, then spend the 8k to 10k and get a supercharger.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i wouldn't bother if it was leased. save the few thousand you're going to spend on that and a few more thousand and pick yourself up some kind of sports car.

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have been frabricating a turbo kit for this truck, the most difficult part was frabicating the headers. This is for my friends show truck to promote his company. In my truck its all stock, just mostly cosmetic. Your best bet would be with a supercharger, a boost of 6 psi would be effiecent and you would not need to change the fuel pump or fuel inj just need to modify the bias, change to an adjustable fuel regulator, make sure to get it the kit with an intercooler, also modify the ecm, so you get the correct fuel mixture. Another problem would be the tranny shift points. You would need to modify this as well. For my friend trucks I change the ecm to a sds fuel management control system. So I rewired the whole trucks engines wiring. If you want to go cheap I would get a pulley kit, headers, change the intake advance the timing, modify the ecm, change the exhaust, and you should get 378 h with 404 torque, this is still being generous. To get the full potential like you see advertised you will have to change the cams valve opening and closing.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Go with a cold intake system, good exhaust, and reprogrammed ecu. This is probably the cheapest way to get a honest 20-30 HP. Otherwise everything else is a waste of money on a leased truck.

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I Have a Cold Air Intake & Exhuast Allready,
    What Do you mean by Reprogram the ECU? Like a SUPERCHIP? or Nelson Programing ?

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

A custom tune is the most economical way to dramatically increase your HP (handheld or Nelson). I wouldn't invest alot of money in a lease vehicle that I did not intend to purchase at the end of its term, though.

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

This will make it much faster and can be removed very easily when the lease is up... or better yet, buy out the lease sell it for more money.

More info on our 2004 2wd Escalade go to lovecars.com and click on project vehicles, in the Escalade site you will see the dyno sheet showing the HP..

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

jungle george

did your grill craft grill have a caddy emblem on it??

Jungle George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

No it did not, we removed the factory one and used epoxy to install it back in, if you are gentle and warm up the old one you'll be able to remove it with no problems or you can use some fishing wire and cut it out from the shell.

You can go to Grillcraft.com and see their installation.

I'll be posting new pictures of the Escalade with it's new show paint job....

Be on the lookout for it..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.