Headlights Starting to fog - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Headlights Starting to fog in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Yes , that "tube" wire was still connected. There is enough slack that I laid mine face down on a ...
  1. #31
    spirit man's Avatar
    spirit man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    44

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Yes , that "tube" wire was still connected. There is enough slack that I laid mine face down on a microfiber towel which was laying on the bumper.

  2. #32
    Snowboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    72

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    any ideas on how to disconnect that? I don't have a garage so I need to bring the headlights in my house.

  3. #33
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarder
    any ideas on how to disconnect that? I don't have a garage so I need to bring the headlights in my house.
    It has a harness connection at the ballast just behind the grille(sliver box you can't miss it)on the radiator support

  4. #34
    delliot's Avatar
    delliot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    48

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Well, I tried this today... Mixed results so far. using water with a touch of simple green, it got most of the fog but left behind a few spots of fog on each light. Also, got some water spots...

  5. #35
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by delliot
    Well, I tried this today... Mixed results so far. using water with a touch of simple green, it got most of the fog but left behind a few spots of fog on each light. Also, got some water spots...
    Let the sit with the caps off
    If it don't clear up rinse them again with just plain water

  6. #36
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    120

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    ok so i pulled out my headlight, do I have to pull off all the bulbs out and the lil silver hid ballast? I see that the wiring runs within the headlights. When I add the water to clear out the
    foggyness would the water run out of all the 4 openings? I just dont want to screw anything up when I do this...thanks!

    photo (2).JPG

  7. #37
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72
    ok so i pulled out my headlight, do I have to pull off all the bulbs out and the lil silver hid ballast? I see that the wiring runs within the headlights. When I add the water to clear out the
    foggyness would the water run out of all the 4 openings? I just dont want to screw anything up when I do this...thanks!

    <img src="http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=116866"/>
    Just pull out the socket for the drl or turn/running light and pour some water in the housing and work it around and that will clear it up
    Leave the rubber caps off till the housings dry out
    You can add a drop of soup if you want to
    No you don't need to remove the hid ballast wire from the ballast

  8. #38
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    120

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    so just pulls those off, leaving the hid ones in place and not removing them?

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Just pull out the socket for the drl or turn/running light and pour some water in the housing and work it around and that will clear it up
    Leave the rubber caps off till the housings dry out
    You can add a drop of soup if you want to
    No you don't need to remove the hid ballast wire from the ballast

  9. #39
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72
    so just pulls those off, leaving the hid ones in place and not removing them?
    You can pull either the turn signal/running light socket or the drl socket and leave the hid bulbs still in the housing
    I left all but the drl in when I did mine

  10. #40
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    120

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    really ok,i thought that the inside of those lenses were all open so if you put water through one of the openings it will go throughout the headlights. i guess they are closed up in sections?? But the foggyness is all along the top of headlights which one part is over the hid bulb. Water wont affect it being poured in from the open socket next to it....just making sure, knowing my luck i do it and i'll short something out with water.

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    You can pull either the turn signal/running light socket or the drl socket and leave the hid bulbs still in the housing
    I left all but the drl in when I did mine

  11. #41
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,447
    Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72
    really ok,i thought that the inside of those lenses were all open so if you put water through one of the openings it will go throughout the headlights. i guess they are closed up in sections?? But the foggyness is all along the top of headlights which one part is over the hid bulb. Water wont affect it being poured in from the open socket next to it....just making sure, knowing my luck i do it and i'll short something out with water.
    Mine was the same way the water trick fixed it
    Just do like I said in the previous post and it will clear it up

  12. #42
    LS1-IROC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Just did this yesterday on my 02...it worked like a charm. I used windex instead of water though. Dried up crystal clear.

  13. #43
    caddydaddy's Avatar
    caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gales Ferry, CT
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,668

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    I installed these as DRL bulbs. They are very bright and have worked great for 3 months now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110995759571...witem=&vxp=mtr

  14. #44
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    120

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    ok sounds good guess im just leaving the hid's in as you say...thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Mine was the same way the water trick fixed it
    Just do like I said in the previous post and it will clear it up


    ----------

    you have a pic on how the look on truck?

    Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72 View Post
    ok sounds good guess im just leaving the hid's in as you say...thanks

  15. #45
    spirit man's Avatar
    spirit man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    44

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    I have washed my passenger side light out 3 times already. Every time it's humid or it rains, it fogs up. The driver's side stays perfectly clear. I think it's not sealed, but I don't know how to determine that. Should I just go ahead and replace it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting