Headlights Starting to fog - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Headlights Starting to fog in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by spirit man These are the bulbs I bought. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see ...
  1. #16
    HoustonBussa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade Base
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    41
    Posts
    23

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man View Post
    These are the bulbs I bought.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see ......]
    Does that bulb (or any of the LEDs) require a resistor in order to not error out? Pretty sure I'm going to LED's and waiting 'til I can get some good ones to swap them out with.

  2. #17
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,668
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBussa

    Does that bulb (or any of the LEDs) require a resistor in order to not error out? Pretty sure I'm going to LED's and waiting 'til I can get some good ones to swap them out with.
    The only thing the would need a resistor for led bulbs would be the blinker (that or a heavy duty flasher)else you would get rapid flash

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man
    These are the bulbs I bought.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what they look like. Here are some more pics.



    Those look good and are cheap let me know how it goes

  3. #18
    spirit man's Avatar
    spirit man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    44

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post

    Those look good and are cheap let me know how it goes
    I'll take it for a spin some time today. The only problem I foresee is if I have to reverse the polarity and flip the bulb around.

  4. #19
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,668
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man
    I'll take it for a spin some time today. The only problem I foresee is if I have to reverse the polarity and flip the bulb around.
    True so try it before you put the headlights back in the truck
    If you want to see them on in the truck during the day cover the sun load sensor on the dash with a newspaper or something like that then hit the unlock button on the remote(if the setting is on)

  5. #20
    chacho44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    80

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man View Post
    These are the bulbs I bought.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what they look like. Here are some more pics.




    when you did this did u remove the highs and low bulbs or did u leave them in, please lmk how u did it. Thanks

  6. #21
    spirit man's Avatar
    spirit man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    44

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    I took all of the bulbs out.

  7. #22
    ROCKETW19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    16

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man View Post
    I took all of the bulbs out.
    damn they look brand new. I actually thought I needed to buy new headlights but found this instead gotta try it this weekend hopefully it comes out like yours

  8. #23
    spirit man's Avatar
    spirit man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    44

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
    damn they look brand new. I actually thought I needed to buy new headlights but found this instead gotta try it this weekend hopefully it comes out like yours
    I was nervous about it. Also, while they were drying out, I left the round plastic covers off so moisture would not seal in.

  9. #24
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,668
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit man
    I was nervous about it. Also, while they were drying out, I left the round plastic covers off so moisture would not seal in.
    I did the same way

  10. #25
    grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    77

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    how do you take off the headlight? Is there a write up i missed?

  11. #26
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,668
    Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper
    how do you take off the headlight? Is there a write up i missed?
    It shows in the owners manual
    But here goes
    Pop the hood
    There are little retaining clips that hold the plastic shroud in place at the top of the radetior and grille(remove these) and lift the shroud out of the way
    On each housing there is a rod at the top and side remove those
    To remove the housings from the area pull the grille loose on the side your working with and the housings will be free

  12. #27
    sosatyme72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    131

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    so you have to take the grill off to get the headlights off??

    Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    It shows in the owners manual
    But here goes
    Pop the hood
    There are little retaining clips that hold the plastic shroud in place at the top of the radetior and grille(remove these) and lift the shroud out of the way
    On each housing there is a rod at the top and side remove those
    To remove the housings from the area pull the grille loose on the side your working with and the housings will be free

  13. #28
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,668
    Quote Originally Posted by sosatyme72
    so you have to take the grill off to get the headlights off??
    Just pop the top half loose it doesn't need removing from the truck

  14. #29
    chacho44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    80

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Just finished mine on my esv, what a hella difference. Thanks for the write up, a must do imo

  15. #30
    Snowboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    32
    Posts
    72

    Re: Headlights Starting to fog

    Is everyone leaving the headlight "on" the car when doing this? I removed the headlight via the two rods, took out the bulbs, but there is still a rubber house coming from the bottom of the housing. I'm assuming thats the power cord for the ballast. How is that disconnected?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting