Got my new rims and tires on! Ready for the snow!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Got my new rims and tires on! Ready for the snow! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; It has been an expensive week for me. I took off my 26"s for the winter. So first I wanted ...
    Lu Scola is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade EXT King of Mods

Got my new rims and tires on! Ready for the snow!

It has been an expensive week for me. I took off my 26"s for the winter. So first I wanted to have rims on even in the winter so I bought a set of 24" ASA/BBS rims. Then I decided that I was going to take off the 24"s and use the new factory 08 Escalade factory rims with some snow tires. I didnt have tires yet so I went thru the new tire book, and found Nitto's new DUNE GRAPPLER. These tires are awesome! They look cool and they work/handle unbelievable. Now I just need to sell the 24"s. I have no room or use for them. If any of you guys are going to order new tires for your truck anytime soon, I recommend getting yourself a set of these tires. You wont be dissapointed. I have gotten so many compliments on the tires. I paid $671.32 for all 4 tires. The tread looks like flames, and they come out onto the sidewall. I cant wait for it to snow!!!

The first pic is of the 24"s I had on for a week that I need to get rid of.

Here is my truck and one of the 2 new scooters I just bought the other day

Heres my Lade, Scooter, and my Lexus SC400

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tonio25 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Ext 2004

Re: Got my new rims and tires on! Ready for the snow!

Very Nice Lu Damn thats Hott LOL hey how much for the 24's ?? Those will handle well on 495 HAHA!~~!

CAD-E! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold)

those 24's look good on your EXT Lu! you got police lights on your on dash?

1class is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

Hey Lu, ouch!!!! they burn! lol

I've never seen tire like that before looking

I know you are going to have them on for winter and snow but how are they on road noise.

May be hard to believe but these are as quiet as a mouse fart. They desinged these tires for off raod and street use. I am very happy with these tires. Im selling the 24"s for 1200 to the first person to come up with the money. At this price these wheels ar a steal.

As for the dash lights, no they are like tow truck lights. They are amber, and clear dual flask with real clear Whalen police kits/strobes in the headlights and fog lights. I have them on youtube, just type in escalade strobe kit ad check them out in action.

Anybody want dibs on the factory wheels with the dune grapplers in the spring when they come off let me know. I dont drive much so the tires will be very fresh when I take them off. I am gonna get a new factory wheel with a Dune Grappler as a matching spare which I doubt Ill ever need.

ATTENTION: Any East Coast/Mid Atlantic forum members. I am thinking about forming/starting my own Cadillac Owners Club Chapter for our area. If any of you guys or gals are seriously interested PM me for my cell # and info. Id like to set up a meet, and maybe a Cadillac Owners event. This club will be open to all models/years of Cadillac cars and trucks. I cant wait to meet some of you guys and check out your Lades. I know theres a VW club around here in my area and they do alot of meets and cool stuff like shows, trips, BBQ's at parks, ect. I have alot of cool stuff/info to show you guys. Let me know what you guys think!

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Those are very tires. I considered them when I bought AT tires for my truck, but they weren't aggressive enough for me. That's one of the coolest tire designs on the market and Nitto makes good rubber. They look good on the EXT.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Thanks, I seen some other tires that were a little more beefy but they dont have good tread life on the road. These are a more road use tire, no road noise with good off road capabilities, and long tread life. The tread pattern is what sold me!!! The price is not too bad either $671 all the way around. I have had more compliments about these tires than I got when I had my 26"s on the truck.

Which AT tire did you decide to go with?

These Nitto Grapplers look good in bigger tire sizes also. I seen a FJ Cruiser with 22" Lorenzo rims wrapped with Nitto grapplers, they looked really good.

mikracer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

How much tread is left on the 24's? What brand/model are the wheels?

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Lu Scola View Post

Which AT tire did you decide to go with?

Cooper Discoverer ST. They're sort of a hybrid AT/MT tire. These are a 10 ply tire, heavy, and they're loud compared to most AT tires. They have a good off road bite and do better then average in mud. I expect good snow traction this winter. These are a replacement for the BFG Rugged Trail T/A tires that came on the truck. I only had 10k on the factory rubber so they were in good shape. I gave them to the BIL to put on his truck.

eta: road manners = not so great: loud, stiff ride, -1 mpg. Off road capability
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

They look really nice. The only thing about the Dune grapplers thats annoying is the application of tire wet. I usually use a sponge, but its a pain in the a** with the flames on the sidewalls.

As for the 24's they are ASA's which are made by BBS. There is plenty of tread left on the tires. All of them are great. Plenty of driving left on them. The center cap reads ASA by BBS. They looked real good on my EXT. I just wanted some snow tires so I can do some snow driving this winter up in the mountains. I had new factory wheels so I just decided to order tires for them and put em on. I wish I would have thought of that a week before and I wouldnt have spent $1200 on a set of wheels I dont need, and dont have room for. My 26"s barely fit in the storage closet in my basement. I rather sell them locally, rather than shipping them out.

mbovinet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum

Great looking tires. I'm sure they will handle the snow with ease

Esco04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

Hey Lu, how did your Grapplers handle the winter snow & ice? I've got 20's on my truck with Kumho Ecsta tires, I want to get some 24's for the summer & keep the 20's for winter. I do want to get better winter tires, the Kumho's are not that great in deep snow. They are 305's so they may be too wide for winter use.

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

LOL, I just realised this thread was created in the middle of winter cos when I first saw it I was like wtf - it's spring!! Anyway, yeah I am wondering how those tires worked out for you in the snow? BTW, did you have to cut some of the bottom of your bumper and some of those black covers under the front fenders for the 24's and 26's?

Those are some cool looking tires too

They were very nice tires. Unfortunatly I didnt get any snow use out of them. I bought a set of factory 2008 22"s for my truck a few days before it snowed. Im back on the 26"s for the spring/summer/fall.

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

is your truck rusting already?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.