Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  99 SKALAID 
#1 ·
Before

AFTER :coolgleam

See less See more
#10 ·
The kit that 99skalaid has is a clarion peice that held a clarion monitor. I cant find it anymore in tan, only grey. It is a clarion avc-g1-t. The peice was only 50 a while back and you could get the monitors for like 250. I can't get the trim peice anywhere.... Any help?

#11 ·
dgp said:
The kit that 99skalaid has is a clarion peice that held a clarion monitor. I cant find it anymore in tan, only grey. It is a clarion avc-g1-t. The peice was only 50 a while back and you could get the monitors for like 250. I can't get the trim peice anywhere.... Any help?
If anyone has a place to find this kit i wiould be very intrested also. I do not like the tv that flips down from the roof it is right in the way of every thing.

#12 ·
#13 ·
del2 said:
They used to sell it at crutchfield's website, I've bought mine about 6 months ago from them (Shale Color) and still haven't installed it, looking for some instructions. But for the meantime, here's a site that has the rear console replacement:

http://www.shopsunshine.com/Items.asp?PId=730

The 99-00 Escalade/Denali uses the same part:

Clarion AVC-G1-LT 1999-2000 Light Tan

Clarion AVC-G1-T 1999-2000 Tan

Clarion AVC-G1-G 1999-2000 Gray

:cool:
i WOULD NOT order from them.... what a rip off.

Crutchfield sells them for 49.99 and it is free when you purchase the monitor.

I paid 299.99 for a monitor the housing and 3 day air shipping, and there was no tax.

#15 ·
You're right it is a rip off, but since they don't make them anymore in that shade of color (Shale or Tan) for the Escalade, they're trying to make money by jacking up the price.

I also bought mine from Crutchfield 6 months ago before they ran out for $49.99 and just installed it today, took about 1 1/2 all together and it looks tight! Here's a pic:

#16 ·
del2 said:
You're right it is a rip off, but since they don't make them anymore in that shade of color (Shale or Tan) for the Escalade, they're trying to make money by jacking up the price.

I also bought mine from Crutchfield 6 months ago before they ran out for $49.99 and just installed it today, took about 1 1/2 all together and it looks tight! Here's a pic:

are you using a DVD player or a PS2?? I want to use a PS2 and then use a FM modulator to transmit the sound in to the truck that way if the rear passengers want to watch a dvd/play a game, they can use the rear radio controls and plug the headphones into it and play the game/watch tv with sound. Or i could from the driver seat turn to the FM modulator station and play the sound threw the entire truck?? Any ideas on how about doing this?

#17 ·
slimm44 said:
hey skalaid, would you be willing to sell me your cup holder thing from the back of the console? i see that you're not using it anymore and i'm missing mine. let me know, thanks.
ya i could do that, i was actually going to put it on ebay.

Pm me and we can probably work something out. I'll take some pics for you as well

#18 ·
99 SKALAID said:
are you using a DVD player or a PS2?? I want to use a PS2 and then use a FM modulator to transmit the sound in to the truck that way if the rear passengers want to watch a dvd/play a game, they can use the rear radio controls and plug the headphones into it and play the game/watch tv with sound. Or i could from the driver seat turn to the FM modulator station and play the sound threw the entire truck?? Any ideas on how about doing this?
I would highly suggest getting a Standalone TV Tuner with a built in wireless FM Modulator transmitter. The one I'm using is a Panasonic TV Tuner which I connected my Clarion and Pansonic Monitor to it, including my DVD and PS2.

Products like Pyle, Power Acoustik / Farenheit, XO and Clarions. They offer the wireless FM Modulator, plus it has input/output for Audio/Video to connect to your DVD player, PS2, Navigation..etc...

Good Luck

#20 ·
del2 said:
I would highly suggest getting a Standalone TV Tuner with a built in wireless FM Modulator transmitter. The one I'm using is a Panasonic TV Tuner which I connected my Clarion and Pansonic Monitor to it, including my DVD and PS2.

Products like Pyle, Power Acoustik / Farenheit, XO and Clarions. They offer the wireless FM Modulator, plus it has input/output for Audio/Video to connect to your DVD player, PS2, Navigation..etc...

Good Luck

i just bought a Farenheit unit from Good Guys, now i just need to hook it up :bonkers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.