New Wheels...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, New Wheels... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

New Wheels...

I have already upgraded my stock 17" polished wheels, to Cadillacīs 17" chrome polish wheels, I know that in the US almost all Escalades come with the 17" chorme inch wheel, however here in Mexico we dont have the option of chrome or polished, all come with polish wheels. Having chrome Caddy wheels and Mexican license plates, everybody starts to look at my truck with a smile

However I am trying to upgrade this wheels to 22" or as a second choice 20" wheels. Definetly I would order tires and wheels from the US, but I would not order them without seeing them in person first.

So I went to local custom wheels shops here in Monterrey and found some Devino wheels I really liked.

What opinion does anyone has about this brand of wheels???

Next point is: I am planning on buying with the Devino wheels the following tire measure: 305/45/22 Is this the best choice based on your experiences? This are Falken tires.

The salesman here in Monterrey told me that when upgrading to bigger wheels he recomends using BF Goodrich because they are "soft" and therefore the ride will not get much stifer. I just dont completly believe this.

Ive also been told by friends and relatives that 20" wheels dont look really nice on the Escalade. However Ive never seen one, they tell me the 20" wheels look "small".

I know Ive asked a lot of questions, but please understand that I am a novice when it comes to custom wheels, and I would not like to make a bad decision because of my ignorance in such matter.

Thanks in Advance for all your helpful comments and input,
    Sincerly,

Mejia

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: New Wheels...

305/45/22 will work and most people say it works fine, but a couple people have said they had problems with slight rubbing. i was going to go with 285/45/22. it's the exact same diameter as the stock tire and wheel and it won't rub. and if you think about it, it's only 2 centimeters smaller. oh, also some people have said the 305 tire affects the ride quality because the wider tire catches more potholes and sometimes 'pulls' the truck when the tire catches a groove.

i don't know from experience, but from what i've read, i think a 285 tire would be a little better if you can find it.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    305/45/22 will work and most people say it works fine, but a couple people have said they had problems with slight rubbing. i was going to go with 285/45/22. it's the exact same diameter as the stock tire and wheel and it won't rub. and if you think about it, it's only 2 centimeters smaller. oh, also some people have said the 305 tire affects the ride quality because the wider tire catches more potholes and sometimes 'pulls' the truck when the tire catches a groove.

i don't know from experience, but from what i've read, i think a 285 tire would be a little better if you can find it.
    I have 305/45/24s. The car is very stiff. Get rubbing when turning all the way to the left or the right.

WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Actually 305/45/22 is the exact diameter as the stock tire but with little rubbing. Use the tire calculator to determine the best tire size for you.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

As for the rubbing you can use the zip tie fix which was posted on this forum by another member. Worked like a charm for me.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hlight=rubbing

2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Definitely go with 22's. 20's don't look right on an Escalade (just my opinion).

As for tire size, go with White Diamond's comments. 305/45/22 is a good size. If you are planning on lowering your vehicle (2"/3") then go with 305/40/22. Either way you will need to do the zip tie method to stop the rubbing, but is an easy fix. Don't go with a skinnier tire like a 285/45/22. Better traction and stopping with the wider tire and looks better.

As for Falken tires, I wouldn't go with them (just my opinion).

gabbman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i agree with 2004

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

actually it says the 305/45 is over an inch larger in diameter and the 285/45 is half an inch larger. like pistolpreeth said, some rubbing and stiffer ride. that's why i think i'm going to go with the 285/45.

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone for your valuable input,

Mejia

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.