Pics of new AMP RACK - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Pics of new AMP RACK in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Techno I appreciate your post. It was a little blurry to me at first but after reading more thoroughly it ...
    Lu Scola is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade EXT King of Mods

Re: Pics of new AMP RACK

Techno I appreciate your post. It was a little blurry to me at first but after reading more thoroughly it makes more sense to me. Especially the part about the tweeter location. Its definitly good info for anyone trying to get the most out of their automotive audio system. It would have been a better write up, and probably easier understood to some of us, if some of the words were better translated. I may have to break out my thesaurus. I am still smarter than a 5th grader...LOL!

technobill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2005 EscaladeESV

Quote Originally Posted by technobill View Post
    As I noted, my original goal was merely to turn you on to David Navone's hardware.
    CAVEAT: In order to utilize David's hardware to tap into the unadulterated outputs of the Delco/GM/Bose Head Units you need to know IN ADVANCE the PIN-OUTS of the head units!

1) The adapters that plug into the head units have MANY wires coming from the head unit

2) The color coding of the wires is irrelevant and in no way intuitive.

3) The position on the rear of the adapter is determinative.

4) The determinative positions change from year to year.

5) I have the pin-outs for the 2002 Escalade, obviously, and the 2005 Escalade ESV, on hard copy somewhere but lost the soft copy [no quick access] during a transition from one computer (employer owned) to another (privately owned)

6) I don't know about other installers/retailers, but the guys at Circuit City who told me it's impossible to get clean outputs from Bose head units have access to them. I was fortunate to find one lone sole who was actually interested in learning, rather than "being right", who gave me access to his computer terminal. And I didn't have to be Commander Data hacking into a Borg Hive Ship to find them. It was about as tough as finding the 'Welcome' mat at someone's house.

7) That sole light in the darkness, which is the retail word, contacted me quite a while later to thank me. While his peers were busy insisting people HAD to replace their head units, he reported that by offering customers more options he got more word of mouth referrals from people who felt he was trying to address their wishes rather than just racking up the most hardware and extended warranty sales. The killer was that many, but not most, of the customers who sent referrals who would speak with no one but him ended up buying new head units anyway. They bought the after market head units because they decided they wanted the utility the after market units afforded, rather than because some sales troll was railroading them. Knowledge Is Power.

technobill is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2005 EscaladeESV

Quote Originally Posted by Lu Scola View Post
    Techno I appreciate your post. It was a little blurry to me at first but after reading more thoroughly it makes more sense to me. Especially the part about the tweeter location. It's definitely good info for anyone trying to get the most out of their automotive audio system. It would have been a better write up, and probably more easily understood to some of us, if some of the words were better translated. I may have to break out my thesaurus. I am still smarter than a 5th grader...LOL!
    Sorry about the narrative being as easy to follow as a rant by Charles Manson! I knew the guys who were serious would do the necessary verbal excavations.BUT... I do have good news! It has nothing to do with me switching my car insurance, but rather covers a broad spectrum of "Music, Sound And Physics." In fact, that's the name of a textbook geared to the non-physics major used during fall semester 1979 and spring semester 1980. I don't know if it's even still in print and don't have time to do a search now, but anyone who's set up loudspeakers in a decent sized room has probably encountered, after establishing the equi-distant "sweet spot", that the bass alternatively booms and drops as they're moved back toward, and out away from, the wall. The phenomenon exists whether the speakers are ported or not.

The hard core music addicts would typically spend hours fiddling with the loudspeakers' positions relative to the wall, and their listening position, until the bass sounded right to their ears. A snare should sound like a snare. A kick drum should be deep but tight. A 22 hertz pedal from a Bach organ fugue should be low volume, but make certain pieces of furniture, the floor, and your pectorals resonate.
    Bass should NOT sound like the National Guard Aviators going supersonic over your ****ing house! But I digress.

As you know, I'm describing the phenomenon of standing waves.

Lu Scola, I'll get back with you, gotta run. Damn! I feel the addiction taking control again. Must fight urge to drive to Baltimore! Must NOT raid financial portfolio to renovate ESV. Must be stron..... Oh God No! The voices are taunting me, make them stop, make them stop, acghhhhhh.......

amtrucker22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade - 06 GTO

Very clean setup.

comonroots is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02' EXT
    Inspired a project of my own. Thanks for the idea.

Badass

NW_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 escalade

Looks really clean

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade

dude i wish i could have something like this in mine but i have bucket seat in the second row oh well just have to go more stealth

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

lol.. this is a great post!! TECH makes me want to further my education lol

EDIT: I mean thread

Hey Lu,
    Im currently living in a small town in RI with limited access to custom work such as the Amazing Amp Rack you built. Therefore I am attempting to build one myself. Ive seen the awsome work you all have done but im wondering if you had any of the build itself and possibly some specs or measurements or anything that can assist me. Im interested on how you went about building the base. ie different levels (because of the center hump)and cutouts for frames and computer box in the rear pass seat, etc. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.