mirror problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, mirror problem in Cadillac Escalade Forums; it seems that sometimes my mirrors don't return to normal after moving to where i set them to go when ...
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

mirror problem

it seems that sometimes my mirrors don't return to normal after moving to where i set them to go when the trucks in reverse. it doesn't happen all the time and sometimes will go days without doing it, but when it does do it, it's really annoying. any ideas as to what it could be?? the truck's still under warranty and i'm goign to have them look at it, but i just wanted to have an idea what it could be before i took it in. thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: mirror problem

So far mine has worked perfect.

gabbman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i would think it was a relay or a short somewhere

that's what i was thinking. it shouldn't be too tough to take care of. the dealership is going to be sick of me if i keep having these little problems

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have the same problem with my truck also another 3 people I know have the same problem. When you bring it to the dealer it wought happen.

i'm not worried about it not happening. my dealer will take care of me. the amount of cars my family has bought from them, it would be in their best interest to take care of me. it'll be interesting if they fix it the first time though.

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    that's what i was thinking. it shouldn't be too tough to take care of. the dealership is going to be sick of me if i keep having these little problems
    It is annoying to keep going to the dealer, but it is their job to work on all of our little problems. It is what they are getting paid for by the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPreeth
    It is annoying to keep going to the dealer, but it is their job to work on all of our little problems. It is what they are getting paid for by the hour.
    that's my feeling....i'm not too concerned with going back to much. if it wasn't a good car, cadillac shouldn't have certified it.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Do you always use the same key? Sometimes when I use different keys, they have different memory settings. On your key fob it has "driver 1" and "driver 2" each key holds different memory settings. Driver 1 may have all your memory settings and Driver 2 may have spouses settings.

i use the same key and remote each time. it's weird. sometimes it will happen and sometimes it won't. not specific to time of day or anything like that. could happen after driving all day or first thing in the morning.

MKTAXMAN is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Have The Dealer Check The Mirror Modulators. This Was A Common Problem On Older Cadillacs. It Will Get Worse Over Time.

HVF
    HVF is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a problem with my driver side mirror not returning to the proper position after power folding. When I returned to the truck and power unfold it, it sometimes didn't return to the proper position. I noticed it a few months back. I took it to a dealer and explained the problem. They could not duplicate it. Of course I know it was happening so I went home and began troubleshooting it. Turns out it only happens after power folding and then using the remote to lock/unlock the truck after retracting the mirrors.

I went back to my dealer again today. Though they now acknowledge that there is a problem and can now duplicate it, they did not fix it. Instead they printed a service bulletin explaining the problem. It is titled "Outside Rearview Mirrors Memory Operation - kw activated adjust #PI01159A - (11/18/2003)". In essence, the bulletin acknowledges the problem and offers a solution whereby the driver once in the vehicle powers the mirrors to the unfolded position. The driver then pushes appropriate Driver 1 or 2 memory button (on the door panel). Once pushed the mirror will properly align.

The dealer does not have a solution and would probably be happy if I accept this as a work around. Oddly, the problem only exists on the driver side mirror.

At least now I don't have to adjust it everytime -- Has anyone else had a similar problem?

i thought i had my problem figured out. i thought it was only happening when i backed into a spot and turned the truck off and opened the door before the mirrors went back. but yesterday i backed out of a space and noticed while i was driving away that the mirrors didn't adjust back. once i stopped and put it in park and hit the driver 1 buttton, they went back. but that's a pain that i don't want to have to deal with on a trip.

az4ge is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The dealer does not have a solution and would probably be happy if I accept this as a work around. Oddly, the problem only exists on the driver side mirror.

At least now I don't have to adjust it everytime -- Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    I have the EXACT same problem. I have done the EXACT same thing.
    And I have the EXACT same unanswered question...

HOW THE HELL CAN THIS BE FIXED???

It does tend to get very annoying! Especially when i drive off into speeding
    traffic after being parallel parked or similar situations.

that's what i hate. i'm usually already in traffic before i realize the mirrors aren't right. and by then it's too late to stop, put it in park, hit the button, and the drive away. so i end up adjusting the mirrors by hand. which sucks when you have features that are suppose to prevent you from having to do that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.