2003 Escalade will not start - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2003 Escalade will not start in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Opened this thread a little late. I had this issue in my 03. A few dealers checked it out couldn't ...
    KamronZX6R is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Re: 2003 Escalade will not start

Opened this thread a little late. I had this issue in my 03. A few dealers checked it out couldn't find the problem. Local mechanic ran electrical tests to find the short, turns out a dime got in the lighter slot since i keep my change in the ashtray. I ran out and bought the male piece to the car lighter after that. Problem solved. Running the computer diag didn't help one bit.

Didewro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003

If the starter gets hot....would/could it become faulty?

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by lander14 View Post
    Dealer finally (hopefully) found the problem -- the starter has a blown diode in it. Apparently that will no show up on any starter test and that is why they have not been able to locate it. For once the car did not start when it was at the dealer and that allowed them to run the right diagnostic and find the problem. $500 for the starter installed -- ouch but hopefully that wil llet me get another 75000 miles out of the car!!
    Interesting. I just posted my experience in the other 03 wont start thread and found this one.

Out of curiosity, did this condition also kill your battery at times? I replaced the starter on my truck and the problem never reoccurred. I was thinking a short in the starter or solenoid since I was also killing batteries.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.