Oil Change $51.33 ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Oil Change $51.33 ? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; How much does everyone pay for an oil change. I just went in for my first oil change and the ...
    outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Oil Change $51.33 ?

How much does everyone pay for an oil change. I just went in for my first oil change and the dealer charged me $51.33. This seems a little too high for a regular oil change, when I had my BMW I paid around the same but that was for 7000 mile intervals. I just wanted to know if I got cheated "again" by the dealer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PistolPreeth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Oil Change $51.33 ?

My first oil change aroudn 3,000 miles was $38.

My second oil change, which was the 10K mile service, was $67

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I change my own, and even being a Amsoil Dealer is still costs me a lot

EXTinNH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

In New Hamsphire, just paid $64.00 for Mobil One ... my first oil change.

-John

Grotto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Why do you use the dealer for oil change?

2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by outofdablue
    How much does everyone pay for an oil change. I just went in for my first oil change and the dealer charged me $51.33. This seems a little too high for a regular oil change, when I had my BMW I paid around the same but that was for 7000 mile intervals. I just wanted to know if I got cheated "again" by the dealer.
    I just got my first oil changed @ the Cadillac dealer today also. I paid between $45-$50, but that is because I requested Valvoline (only brand I use) and they had to go out and get it. They normally don't carry it. Otherwise it would have cost $35-$45.

I changed mine @3500 miles even though my oil life indicator showed oil life @ 52%. I expect I could have gotten another 2500 miles or so before the indicator showed me needing a change. Going about 6000 miles without changing the oil just didn't seem right to me. Just Wondering--------What mileage did you change yours @ and did your oil life indicator tell you to?

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

its really not that hard to change your own oil guys. it costs me ~$15 for oil and a filter and takes me 20 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by slimm44
    its really not that hard to change your own oil guys. it costs me ~$15 for oil and a filter and takes me 20 minutes or so.
    I used to change the oil on all my vehicles, but I'm lazy now and don't want to get my hands dirty if I don't have to. Anyways, if the dealer does it, they are liable for any problems if they arise. I don't know what those problems could be, but I know I am not responsible.

P.s. you have to include labor time to that $15. Your time is also worth $$$.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

WIth a STS at the dealer the special up in Ontario
    Includes

Lube, oil & filter

15 point inspection including coolant, tires, wipers, hoses & belts

Tire rotation

Brake inspection

Top-up fluids

Set tire pressure

Electronic battery test

Price

$49.95† plus tax

Legal/Disclaimer

† Other participating GM Dealerships may set individual prices. LOF includes up to 5L of GM premium motor oil. Offers are valid on most GM vehicles for a limited time only to retail customers. See Service Advisor for more details.

even with the STS North Star engin they do not charge extra for more oil

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I changed mine @ 3000 miles and the indicator read 48%. Also they charged me extra for the Penzoil products they used, which is not something I asked for. Is this something extra or do all dealers use Penzoils? I would feel very cheated if that is something they charge extra at the customers request, b/c I did not request it.

Quote Originally Posted by outofdablue
    I changed mine @ 3000 miles and the indicator read 48%. Also they charged me extra for the Penzoil products they used, which is not something I asked for. Is this something extra or do all dealers use Penzoils? I would feel very cheated if that is something they charge extra at the customers request, b/c I did not request it.
    The dealer I went to told me: If no particular oil type is requested, they use UNION, which is a brand I've never heard of. He also told me that they have Penzoil in stock if I wanted to use that. He gave no indication that he would charge me extra for Penzoil if I chose that instead of Union. I expect Penzoil would have cost me $35-$40.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by slimm44
    But you also have get rid of the oil . For $50 they can change the oil and rotate the tires

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by airbalancer
    But you also have get rid of the oil . For $50 they can change the oil and rotate the tires
    by law you can return used oil to where you purchased it for no charge. just put it in the empty bottles and bring it back.

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

ya, any schucks/checkers/autozone type place will take your used oil for free. i can also rotate my own tires, another thing that isn't hard at all. i end up with 35 bucks more in my pocket and just a lil dirtier.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

25 bucks at talarico...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.