Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  solartec 
#1 ·
How much does everyone pay for an oil change. I just went in for my first oil change and the dealer charged me $51.33. This seems a little too high for a regular oil change, when I had my BMW I paid around the same but that was for 7000 mile intervals. I just wanted to know if I got cheated "again" by the dealer.

#6 ·
outofdablue said:
How much does everyone pay for an oil change. I just went in for my first oil change and the dealer charged me $51.33. This seems a little too high for a regular oil change, when I had my BMW I paid around the same but that was for 7000 mile intervals. I just wanted to know if I got cheated "again" by the dealer.
I just got my first oil changed @ the Cadillac dealer today also. I paid between $45-$50, but that is because I requested Valvoline (only brand I use) and they had to go out and get it. They normally don't carry it. Otherwise it would have cost $35-$45.

I changed mine @3500 miles even though my oil life indicator showed oil life @ 52%. I expect I could have gotten another 2500 miles or so before the indicator showed me needing a change. Going about 6000 miles without changing the oil just didn't seem right to me. Just Wondering--------What mileage did you change yours @ and did your oil life indicator tell you to?

#8 ·
slimm44 said:
its really not that hard to change your own oil guys. it costs me ~$15 for oil and a filter and takes me 20 minutes or so.
I used to change the oil on all my vehicles, but I'm lazy now and don't want to get my hands dirty if I don't have to. Anyways, if the dealer does it, they are liable for any problems if they arise. I don't know what those problems could be, but I know I am not responsible.

P.s. you have to include labor time to that $15. Your time is also worth $$$.

#9 ·
WIth a STS at the dealer the special up in Ontario
Includes

Lube, oil & filter

15 point inspection including coolant, tires, wipers, hoses & belts

Tire rotation

Brake inspection

Top-up fluids

Set tire pressure

Electronic battery test

Price

$49.95† plus tax

Legal/Disclaimer

† Other participating GM Dealerships may set individual prices. LOF includes up to 5L of GM premium motor oil. Offers are valid on most GM vehicles for a limited time only to retail customers. See Service Advisor for more details.

even with the STS North Star engin they do not charge extra for more oil

#10 ·
I changed mine @ 3000 miles and the indicator read 48%. Also they charged me extra for the Penzoil products they used, which is not something I asked for. Is this something extra or do all dealers use Penzoils? I would feel very cheated if that is something they charge extra at the customers request, b/c I did not request it.

#11 ·
outofdablue said:
I changed mine @ 3000 miles and the indicator read 48%. Also they charged me extra for the Penzoil products they used, which is not something I asked for. Is this something extra or do all dealers use Penzoils? I would feel very cheated if that is something they charge extra at the customers request, b/c I did not request it.
The dealer I went to told me: If no particular oil type is requested, they use UNION, which is a brand I've never heard of. He also told me that they have Penzoil in stock if I wanted to use that. He gave no indication that he would charge me extra for Penzoil if I chose that instead of Union. I expect Penzoil would have cost me $35-$40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.