2005 Escalade Gauge Cluster Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 2005 Escalade Gauge Cluster Issues in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I own a 2005 Escalade and just recently some of my gauges have been acting funny. Sometimes when I stop ...
    dbeau69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2005 Escalade Gauge Cluster Issues

I own a 2005 Escalade and just recently some of my gauges have been acting funny. Sometimes when I stop my RPM gauge reads zero and is off when I continue Driving. Other times my temp gauge will not read or move constantly between 210 and 160. Any ideas on why and how? Thanx guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CAD-E! is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold)

Re: 2005 Escalade Gauge Cluster Issues

theres a recall on it, take it back to the dealer. there a few threads about this already as well.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...y-tonight.html

poolboy772 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Cool Re: 2005 Escalade Gauge Cluster Issues

Same issue with mine. dealer fixed it under warrenty no questions asked. Got a new cluster out of it anyway. lol

zerocarpileup is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Lightbulb Re: 2005 Escalade Gauge Cluster Issues

well if you dont have the warranty you can fix it your self. you see with position that the harness is in, it rocks back and fourth while its connected to the clusters board so in time the solder actually comes loose, you confirm this by taking apart the cluster and pushing on the pins inside the cluster female connector you will hear a slight click or even feel it, with a magnifier you can see the solder come disconnected from the pin, so grab a solder iron and carefully heat up each pin one by one re connecting the pins to the welds. then you can get some hot glue over the solder and the plastic connector to the board so it wont wiggle around any more. hoped this helped.

KrazyKeith is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by zerocarpileup View Post
    well if you dont have the warranty you can fix it your self. you see with position that the harness is in, it rocks back and fourth while its connected to the clusters board so in time the solder actually comes loose, you confirm this by taking apart the cluster and pushing on the pins inside the cluster female connector you will hear a slight click or even feel it, with a magnifier you can see the solder come disconnected from the pin, so grab a solder iron and carefully heat up each pin one by one re connecting the pins to the welds. then you can get some hot glue over the solder and the plastic connector to the board so it wont wiggle around any more. hoped this helped.
    That's not what happens.. The stepper motors for each guage become faulty and need to be replace hence the sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. In some cases, a simple ECM flash fixes it, other arnt so lucky and need new stepper motors.

There is this service out there for those out of warranty and its reasonably priced IMO too : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

***Be sure to read that clearly and understand it, a full rebuild is $170 and includes all new stepper motors, new guage bulbs, recalibration, and return shipping/insurance***

oldworld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalde, 2007 DTS

Do faulty stepper motors in the cluster make noises when they are bad???

donewithgm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

I remember getting a "special letter" on this since I have an 03 EXT as well. At the time it was ok but later on I had a fluttering needle and then the needle flatlined once and the last case it said I was doing 40mph when I was actually doing 60mph. Of course when I shut the vehicle off the condition would go away after a few times. I did ask the closest dealer to me about it who was Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda, MD. They said there were no "RECALLS" and they couldn't do anything about it unless it was totally broke. Since it was working again I gave up on it. When I had another unresolved issue being serviced I asked GM to address this and they just said I was outside the window now..Very disappointed since they know there is an issue and somehow they expect their owners to tell their vehicles exactly when to show this issue constantly. I think I was quoted $900 for the cluster.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.