Intro - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Intro in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by PACMANEJ Hey man we have something in common (age and vehicle wise). I just turned 25 last ...
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Intro

Quote Originally Posted by PACMANEJ
    Hey man we have something in common (age and vehicle wise). I just turned 25 last Monday on the 14th, and I bought my truck on the 7th. I called it my early B'day present.
    i just turned 24 on the 12th and bought my black '02 EXT about a month ago.

i'd go for a new grill or audio system. i want to upgrade the lights, but it just doesn't seem like you get as much bang for your buck with that purchase. and since now i have to spend money just to have the car, i don't have a lot to upgrade with. so i'm trying to get as much bang for my money. that's why i'm thinking custom audio/video

DoubleX is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPreeth
    List of mods

1) upgrade Daytime running Lights to PIAA lights
    2) Upgrade Fog lights
    3) Tint Front 2 windows to match rear windows
    4) Get your car fully detailed
    5) new exhaust if you do not like the current one
    6) new cold air intake
    7) PLatinum ESV mats
    8) New grille for the front
    9) Audio System
    10) PS2/XBOX for the kids (cough...yourself...cough)
    I apprecaite the rec's Pistol.
    I'm more into the power aspect so some others will come before aesthetics.
    I've got 3 and 4 covered(came that way)
    Car was detailed by the dealer before I bought it.
    I like the sound of the current exhaust, but will def. be putting a Corsa Touring Cat Back on at some point.
    Cold air intake is also a must
    7 through 10 will take some consideration

Seems like there are a few of us lucky young men on here. You all get some weird looks being our age and in that type of vehicle?

TDogg I'm in the same boat as you, not a whole lot extra to be putting into the truck right now-other things are current priorities.

i get a lot of weird looks at work. especially because i make far less than anyone else here. people forget that i'm not married and i don't have kids, therefore i have more money. and i think some of it is a jealousy thing. they wonder why some 'punk-kid' can have a ride like that and they can't. i don't think a lot of people realize that there new cars cost just as much if not more than my used EXT.

i want to buy wheels and a dvd player, but to do what i want how i want it, it's going to run me about 5-6 grand for all of it. and i'm looking at that money and thinking, why not save it and buy a mid 80s corvette i can drive during the summer?? so i'm not sure what's going to happen.

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah, I'm 23 too, and I get some looks, but I love it. I'm pretty used to it since I had my 2000 Escalade on 20's for about 3 years. I just traded it for a 04 Denali like 3 weeks ago and just threw on some 22" Lowenhart LD1's 2 days ago, so the looks keep getting crazier

I get the same from some of my co-workers. I was driving my wifes 323ci with some Hamman PG2 18's on it and one of our truck drivers made a snide remark and I was thinking, your just mad I got a bimmer for the same or less than your Ford Truck:rolleyes2

It really is all about perception. My wife and I are DINK's(Dual Income No Kids)
    we live in a nice but modest house and don't really have too many expenses like some people.

I feel ya on the vette! I wanted a 97-99 for about 18K less than the Lade but my wife hates the interior on the vetttes and Insurance would have been a nightmare.

I bet that Denali looks real sweet! I'm sure once I put some Rims on mine the looks will increase.

i could have picked up an 01 vette with low miles for 4 grand less than my EXT, but i would have had too much trouble in bad weather. i would have driven it all year, but when we get like 6-18 inches of snow, and i have to be at work no matter what.....i thought a truck was better.

of course, in the middle of the summer right now, i'm really second guessing myself.

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Welcome to the board

I actually never had a formal intro:
    I'm also twenty three; I guess there is quite a lot of younger owners on this board..
    Mine is also BLACK and AWD; I told myself no more black but couldn't help my self in the end. Anyway, I had 22inch deep dish chrome D.O.A.'s w/ Toyo proxies put on right away with the E&G vertical grill w/ the big upper lip chrome insert(If you like a classy Rolls Royce look that is all metal, than consider it) I had a lot of trouble w/ exhaust-I put on the Flowmaster and had to take it off in about 2 hours(It's way to loud), I went w/ magnaflow but am not satisfied, I will be the first So Cal to get the new Flowmaster Catback System w/ no interior noise, and will post w/ the results. I also want a bluer xenon headlight projection and am still researching possible vendors-A tip turn Daytime Running lights off if you don't want your lenses to fog up.
    This truck was a difficult buy for me-I only usually buy Mercedes-SL, or S...but I got in such a bad car accident last year that I needed to get in a SUV. A friend of mine has a G500--very boxey but nice inside--another friend has a 03 Rover, no rims--what is it 290 HP and kind of classy? Made buy Ford?--another friend has a Cayenne S-not an option for me, but fun to drive in a sports car like way. I actually have another co worker who just purchased a Rolls Phantom(Black color) on 24's--This car is actually stressful to be in because of the pricetag and attention it brings but I want one in a sick an twisted way-You only live once, and the grill will match my lade's .

Bottom line- these Trucks Rock and I love driving mine, and will only sell it if and when they change the body style.
    I will post pics of the phantom if desired...but it may make you cringe.-cy

you can post of the phatom if you want.....but what we really want is to see your truck!

Is your company hiring?

Keep us posted ont he results of the Flowmaster exhaust system and when you find the Xenons you want.

We get mild to horrible winters here in KY so the vette was not a real practical option with our other car also being a coupe.

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Don't buy a Vette; with the C6 coming out any month now the cool factor will drop, not to mention the value. Some people are saying they love the C5(97-04) no matter what, but just wait till that 05 drop-top pulls up on you!!

Anyway, the guy who owns the Phantom is more like a boss rather then a co-worker, but he's cool as hell, and has some great rides. He also has a Range(23's), a Gallardo(doors don't open vertically so in my book is 3/4 lambo), Bentley Arnage, a 645ci and of course the almighty Carrera GT V10 Ferrari killer(by the way its black w/yellow rotors) This replaced a 360 spyder titanium w/blue top. His salary is probably 20x more then mine, and he does 1/2 as much work. But if you read this C. then J/K
    I'll post pics of the lade soon. Hey this Caddy pimps it hard enough for me anyday, but a phantom would be nice for church on Sunday .-cy

some people are living the life.

i agree the c6 will drop the prices. i heard the same thing about people loving the C4s no matter what when the C5s came out. when they first came out, most of the 'hardcore' corvette people did not like them. it took about a year or two to become popular with the older corvette guys. personally i think it was the Z06 that did it. horsepower talks. and i think that's what will make the C6 popular. i personally still like the C4s and will probably buy one later this summer. i'd get a C5 if i could find one under 10 grand, but i'm not holding my breathe.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.