had to take my truck in...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, had to take my truck in... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i had to drop my truck off this morning because the tailgate was falling down. i'd be driving down the ...
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

had to take my truck in...

i had to drop my truck off this morning because the tailgate was falling down. i'd be driving down the road and it'd just fall. scared the living sh!t out of me when it did it. it sounded like the whole backend was falling off. but it's under warranty so i'm not really worried about it. what pisses me off is they told me last night they didn't have any loaner cars for today and they were already one short. i thought letting me take a cts off the lot for the day would be fine but apparently they thought otherwise. the biggest problem is all the dept. are seperate so service has their own cars and they can't really go take one off the lot. my dad has doen a lot of business with this place and he's going down to complain to the vice-president (he knows him pretty well) they haven't really treated me badly, just haven't treated me great. i guess since mine is used, they lump me into their 'used car owners' and i get the same treatment as the guy who buys a thousand dollar cavalier. oh well, we'll see what happens.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: had to take my truck in...

The two Caddy dealers I deal with do not give loaner cars unless you purchased your car from them new, or at least that what a sign said.

yeah, that's what i was afraid of. but this is the 3 caddy and probably the 10th car may family has bought from them in the last few years. i guess i just feel like with the loyalty we've shown them (buying something a little higher than we could get somewhere else just to give them the business) we feel they could do a little more. i'm not asking for a lot, but when i buy something this nice and 2 days off the lot the tailgate falls down, i would think they'd want to be extra nice.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

That should help, I know the Chevy dealer that I deal with, and purchased 19 cars and trucks from him over 9 years will give me any car on the lot if I need service from them. Have not needed Caddy service yet.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Ooooh, the perils of being over 25. If I was my dealership would be more than happy to give me one, but since im not, I get to walk around the lot, showroom, and service dept., until my car is done. The benefit is that in a little over a years worth of service trips everyone seems to know me as the kid who drives the "regular" White Escalade. Its just not fun waiting when your having a ball joint replaced...
    ~Steve

usually my dad gets whatever he wants, but then he bought a cts brand new. i know it sounds like i'm whining a little, and maybe i am but i just feel like i should get a little better treatment than the rest of the used car buyers who spent between 1000-5000 on there's. i spent more than a lot of their new cars on the lot. and i probably spent a couple thousand more than i needed to, but wanted to buy it there.

but don't get me wrong, i'm still really thrilled with the truck and overall i'm happy with the dealership. i'm not upset about anything, just a little bothered they didn't treat as well as i think they could have.

Bear is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT

I will be suprised if they find anything wrong. What I found with my Av and it continues with the EXT is that the seal is so tight (not that it keeps out all the weather) that if you don't "slam" it shut it will not completely latch. The same dropping of the gate happened to me the first 2 times I used it, after that using a little more force to close the gate solved the problem.

Bear

that's what they said, but i've shut it hard and locked it. i found that about 40-48 hours after i last used the tailgate, it would fall for no apparent reason. i think the right side is not latching. i know there is a problem more than what you said because i thought about that too. but it'll be interesting to see if they write it off or actually really look at it.

outofdablue is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Its amazing how nice and friendly these people at the dealers are when you come in to buy a car. But I guess the service and parts people go to a different training seminar when it comes to customer service. Or just a difference in the commission they recieve................ just a guess ?

dnyce617 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

When I had my escalade, I always got a loaner (actually a dealer-paid rental) during any warranty service and I just turned 23. If they don't have a loaner available they should cover a rental which they should be able to get reimbursed by GM under the Cadillac warranty. Tell them if you thought it was going to be so much trouble you would have bought a Chevy Tahoe.

with the rebates i could have gotten a new avalanche for about the same price as my used EXT. sometimes i think i would get better treatment if i had. figure that one out.

gabbman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

if you like your truck that is whats important. sometimes I guess we have to accept that there are very few dealers that powder our butts like we want them too

well i got my truck back. my dad took it in to make sure it got the best service. he got made at the vp of the dealership. i guess he was more upset than i thought. i guess he was mad that he's done so much business there and then they sell me a truck with a defective part. if you didn't touch the tailgate, it would fall after almost exactly 48 hours and once fell when parked, so i would guess they knew something was wrong.

turned out they had to replace all the brakets on the right side of the tail gate and it seals up a lot better now. so now no more worries about my crap falling out the back on the highway

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.