products to use on chrome rims
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, products to use on chrome rims in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was wondering how or what you guys use to keep those big chrome rims Bling Blinging. Someone told me ...
    02BlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

products to use on chrome rims

I was wondering how or what you guys use to keep those big chrome rims Bling Blinging. Someone told me no matter what just use soap and water even if the bottle says safe on chrome rims. I thought there had to be soemthing else thats safe and effective. I want to keep the backs from piting too any techniques or products??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: products to use on chrome rims

I keep my chrome wheels "waxed" , I clean them with car wash when I wash the car, and you can always clay them if they are real dirty. If you keep them "waxed" cleaning will be much easier, synthetic waxes will last much longer than carnauba's, the synthetic holds up to heat much better

TheBehemoth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have found that mothers makes a good chrome / aluminium polish for really "dirty" wheels. I dont think i would use this on a regular basis since it seems to have "bite" when it comes to removing pitted black spots in rims. Once its clean i would suggest using Klasse AIO / SG or one of the Zaino products so that all you would need to do is use a little soap and water next time.

The B

02BlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

are synthetic waxes safe i use maguires tech wax on my car is that safe for wheels??

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

NXT is fine for the wheels, it does not last that long though

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I use a product called NevrDull, if I am not mistaken it is made by Eagle One products. It is really easy to apply and remove, and leaves behind a great shine. Since I use it every week, the chrome rims are looking at their best right now

Mejia

Jonas is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I use COLLINITE'S No. 850 Metal Wax. It's a wax that is made for stuff like chrome and aluminum. I think it works great. You can get the stuff at automotive paint supply shops or good speed shops.

CADDYBLACK99 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-4 1999 Deville Concours

I have used the EagleOne for Chrome wheels to clean the wheels. I agree with hcvone, once you do a good cleaning a coat of good quality synthetic wax will be your (time saving) friend.
    Paul

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Soap and water, dry them off, then mothers chrome polish.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.