Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; It should help yes. Let us know what you find out!...
    WSLN 6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

It should help yes. Let us know what you find out!

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

You bet! All you need now is a copy of the GM Service manual on DVD. With the Tech2 scanner this will be a piece of cake to figure out whats wrong.

sk7

More data taken at the steering sensor:
    -ORG (Signal #2) : 2.01V
    -GRY (Signal #1): 4.03V
    -TAN (5V Ref): 4.90V
    -ORG/BLK (Low Ref): 7.6mV
    Data was taken ignition on, wheels straight. Voltage does vary moving the steering wheel.

After a quick recheck, all 5V reference for the sensors (4 X ride height position sensors (RHPS), pressure and steering wheel are within specs.) Here is the location of the 5V reference voltage needed to be between 4-6 Volts or else DTCC0870:

LF RHPS: A3 PPL/WHT @ LTBLU Connector SCM module
    RF RHPS: B3 PPL/WHT @ LTBLU Connector SCM module
    LR RHPS: A6 RED/BLK @ LTBLU Connector SCM module
    RR RHPS: B6 RED/BLK @ LTBLU Connector SCM module
    Steering input sensor 5V Ref: A9 GRY @ LTBLU Connector SCM module
    Pressure sensor 5V Ref: A9 GRY @ PNK Connector SCM module

The investigation continues...

ESKY02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE

I dont have the DVD. I havnt got to plug it in yet, some a**hole keyed the shit out of it. 8500 dollars worth!! whole truck needs to be painted! Thank god my insurance is covering it. Not a happy camper right now!

sk7

Wow $8K worth!!! Thats baaaaad, I'm so glad my truck is always in the garage...

I've put all my data, plus a wee bit more info I could gather from the wiring diagrams into an excel document. It will be easier to compare data from other users. My EBCM is due back on wednesday, I want to get this air ride issue resolved afterwards. Got other fish to fry (1955 VW resto).

I've changed the .xls extention to .pdf so it would upload. Just change back the extension of the file to its original format.
    Attached Files

ESKY02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE

Ya!! they went across my headlights, taillights, only thing they didnt touch was my brand new 20's, roof, and the running boards...everything else got it!!

EXT04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey Caddy guys! My air comp didn't kick on when I turned the ign on. I did check all the fuses and they are all fine. I did replace 2 relays. So I did rewire red to blue. Then the comp kicked on. Obviously the comp works fine.
    What's next? Should I bring it to the shop and let them scan it with tech 2 scanner? I called Chevy Dealership,they said it costs from 65 bucks to 165 bucks to diagnose for "service ride control". Also I called Cadillac they quoted me from 180 bucks to ??, depending. I don't want to put a lot of $$$ into replacing the air ride stuff like LUXURYLIFE. I just want to find out what the problem is. Thanks

sk7

EXT04, you probably read in the post that there's only 3 codes related to the service air ride issue. Compressor not turning on (relay), solenoid exhaust control or air pressure sensor issue. I would like you to unplug all 3 connectors for a few minutes, with ignition off, then replug it and see if the trouble code goes away next ignition cycle. Also you have no sevice stability system issues with your EXT? Thanxs for your help.

EXT04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by sk7 View Post
    EXT04, you probably read in the post that there's only 3 codes related to the service air ride issue. Compressor not turning on (relay), solenoid exhaust control or air pressure sensor issue. I would like you to unplug all 3 connectors for a few minutes, with ignition off, then replug it and see if the trouble code goes away next ignition cycle. Also you have no sevice stability system issues with your EXT? Thanxs for your help.
    Thank you. What about the air pressure switch? I remember when I had my airbagged car the pressure switch wasn't working and the comp wouldn't run. After I replaced it, the comp ran properly. It was a manual one. Where are the solenoid exhaust control and air pressure sensor located? Let me know I can check it out tomorrow.
    Sometimes "Stability" message shows up but it's very rare.
    Let me know. Thanks Alex

sk7

Solenoid exhaust control and air pressure sensor are all located within the air compressor assembly. The pressure sensor is easy to test as the signal for it is at the SCM. I'm still unsure how to test the solenoid, there's a measured value for it in ohms once its unplugged. I tried to ground the control for it at the SCM before, during and after the compressor runs, I can't hear it click nor does it change the output. That will be my next check, I'll take off the compressor assembly and have a look at it.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Well I finally had enough and couldn't wait on my friend to get me to the chevy dealer, so i bit the bullet and took it into the cadillac dealer. After a brief discussion with the service adviser, he said he would on charge 1/2hr labor ($55), i thought WOW, GREAT! so he scans it in about 15 mins and comes back with the compressor being bad. The exhaust solenoid is no good so the compressor needs to be changed. I bought one from Arnott so hopefully thats the end of this 2 month battle with the EXT! The service manager hands me back the keys and says "I did it free of charge" .... THE DEALER SCANNED IT FOR FREE! I couldn't believe my ears... i'll be sure to write his supervisor a good letter!

So for all of you who hardwire the compressor to get it to kick on and think its OK, it doesn't mean the compressor is good. The exhaust solenoid may have a leak or be bad. I would really recommend paying the $55 if you have to to get it scanned. I bought new rear shocks, new front shocks, and a new relay. Before the compressor I was in the hole about $1000 and all I really needed were the rear shocks. Im also happy the rear bilsteins aren't throwing any codes. For future reference the service adviser claims all codes are erased after 50 ignition cycles.

sk7, what a coincidence from your last post ^

sk7

Thanxs for the update! I've been buzy today with my ECBM, so far its ECBM 2 - ME zip! I get a new code, C0255, which is apparently solenoid related so the unit will need to be sent away again...

The service manual does point out that the solenoid exhaust is activated each time compressor activity is needed when the pressure is below 10psi in the system. I could not get mine to react manually to any inputs I was giving it. But compressor does pump ok nonetheless. Wonder what's the purpose of this valve? Keep us posted if the new compressor unit does the trick! Hang on to your OEM compressor, maybe the solenoid is an easy fix? I'll have a look into that in the coming days.

DTC C0660 clears when ignition is on and solenoid is ok, and its out of history after 100 ignition cycles if the condition isnt back.

That was a nice gesture of the dealer to scan it for free. So far free and cadillac just don't mix in the same sentence unless you can squeeze the magic "extended warranty" word in there. And that warranty aint free either.

i know right? i couldn't believe it!

I honestly have no need for the compressor so if you want it, pay for shipping and its yours. I'm not going to try and rebuild it.

So I got the compressor from Arnott today, installed it and all is well. I cant believe I didn't go to the dealer to begin with! O well, at least its fixed and the suspension feels brand new! SK7, I will get you a shipping price later this week.

sk7

Great, thanxs! I'm sure the Arnott compressor will last longer than the OEM one. If I can't fix mine I'm gonna go with that solution also. If the exhaust solenoid is at fault, which I suspect it is. From my understanding, the SCM does monitor the load on the Dk Blu wire (B5 @ C2 connector) which is the negative trigger for the solenoid. Since it kicks on when compressor is first activated (pressure under 10 PSI), a dead solenoid (no load change upon activation from the SCM) will prevent compressor from starting. But I don't get a service ride control message... Ur truck is pretty much in top shape now?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.