Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; front right signal - 2.70v front left signal - 2.83v level pressure sensor signal - .41v steering position sensor signal ...
    luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

front right signal - 2.70v
    front left signal - 2.83v
    level pressure sensor signal - .41v
    steering position sensor signal - 10.9v or 13.6v ... theres 2 light blue wires, dont know which is which
    left rear signal - 2.78v
    right rear signal - 2.68v
    "ignition 3" voltage - .41v (seems low)
    Damping Lift/Dive Signal - 13.31v

these are my readings

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

I didn't get into much details when I was looking at the SCM a few weeks ago. The 5 volts ref (gray A9) was ok, A10 lt blue wire trigger negative to the compressor relay works (activates the compressor once it put to ground). Power (org) and ground was present at the GRY Metri-Pack connector. Ignition 3 (brown) should be higher than 12 volts (either at the Lt blu 24 way Micro pack connector) or at the compressor control relay. So that might be something to look at for starters. I hope your truck has enough miles to justify replacing the shocks. I should post pics of the one I removed from the back, they were shot!!!

I'll need to dig a little further for those reference voltage for the suspension level, solenoid and steering input. You are still getting no error messages and compressor isnt working? I need to get a car outta the shop before tomorrow, will get back to you with the info before Zzzz time.

almost at 88k miles.... the rears were SHOT.... the fronts were in good shape so ill just sell em on ebay and try and get some money back, rather have new ones anyways, i plan on keeping the car for a while

sk7

Here's what I could find in the service manual:

-Shocks solenoid reference value should be 1.5 - 3.3 Ohms. Didnt say if that would vary with shock fully extended or ? I don't think it would matter.

-The suspension level indicators are voltage driven, 0.5 - 4.5 Volts signal at the SCM. Disconnected should read 0.5 at the SCM, jumping the 5V ref to to signal circuit should show 4.5V at SCM.

-Steering wheel input reference is 0.35 - 4.75 volts. It has 2 separate outputs. That sensor is listed in the stabilitrac section tho, so it should not be an issue with the suspension control stuff.

sk7

Wiring diagram to troubleshoot that IGN 3 input issue...

"-Steering wheel input reference is 0.35 - 4.75 volts. It has 2 separate outputs. That sensor is listed in the stabilitrac section tho, so it should not be an issue with the suspension control stuff."

This may be the problem, your right about the two outputs, they are reading 10.9 and 13.6v at the SCM ...... nowhere near the range they should be... and i have seen plenty of threads with people's steering position sensor going bad, but the said they have a "service stability system" issue and not a "service ride control" issue .... how much is the sensor? if its cheap its worth a shot .... ill have to call the stealership tomorrow....

edit: btw i appreciate all the help!

ESKY02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESCALADE

K i found the relay, hooked to the front side of my fuse box. The number on it is 1219603. I pulled the relay off, and jumped the red to red wire. All i got was a spark and a click thats it. Now i jump them and get nothing. The "stud 1" fuse is good and the "ign 3" fuse is good. am i doing something wrong?

sk7

Jumping the 2 bigger guage wires should get the compressor to run. If not its either not getting power (there's a plug on it) or its shot. You can easily remove it, its a few 13mm nuts to take off. You can then try it on the bench with a spare battery.

I agree those steering input sensors are prone to failure, but it shouldnt mess with the suspension control module. If you get no service stability system message, let's assume all is well there. Did you manage to get 12V at the ignition 3 wire? That would explain why you get no error message, technically the SCM doesn't power up, no compressor activation, no error message either?

I have had a "service ride control" message since the problem began.

On a good note, I fix customers cars for a local car wash (paintless dent/ scratch removal) and he's good friends with a service manager (they use the car wash for all their cars) at a Chevy dealership and says he'll speak to him about my issue and most likely scan it for nothing!

I confused tan and brown ... the ign 3 is fine.... the tan i get about .3v when its dumped and if i fill it, i get 1.5v .... is that OK for the leveling pressure sensor voltage range? 1.5v is kind of low still for the sensor, where as the others go up to about 5v, but i could be wrong....

From your previous post:

Does the scan tool indicate that the Air Pressure Sensor data parameter is within the specified range?
    4.8-5.2 V

hmmmmmm maybe that sensor is bad..... mine read .3 dumped and 1.5 filled

SK7,
    I unplugged the relay to jump the red wires. As soon as i touched the jumper wire from red to red i got a spark and a click thats it. Second time i got nothing. Now what? I had the key to the on position if that makes a difference.

sk7

Air pressure sensor data? Is that the exhaust solenoid on the compressor? I admit I didnt test that one either!

ESKY02 - I answered your question a few posts up, If the compressor is short to ground (motor) the big fuse must be shot in the fusebox (after the jump attempt), its the first one on the right if I remember correctly... No need to leave the key in the on position for the test.

wow whos talking to who? im lost hahaha

sk7

No prob! Do you have a test light? Check to make sure the power wire still has 12V. The compressor does take quite a bit of juice to kick on (not as much as the ECBM motor mind you!). Maybe it was just stiff from not being used. I would replace the fuse (if it is blown) and retry by just touching the contacts together for a split second, see if you can get it to run. If not you will need to remove it for further investigation or replacement.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.