Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Do you have access to a fax? I can send those out to you saturday morning from work. Just PM ...
    sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

Do you have access to a fax? I can send those out to you saturday morning from work. Just PM me the number. I can also include the plug layout so troubleshooting will be a breeze. But I do recommended that DVD service manual from blownc5, its great!

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Not tryin to threadjack or anything, but Sk7, is that service manual from blownc5 something like the AllData service manual on a PC?

sk7

Its the factory GM Service Information Manual on DVD. Covers from 1998-2005 GM products. Its a must have!

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Damn, I only have access to a fax mon-fri..... I will contact blownc5 for that dvd.... it was 15$ ?

sk7

Yep that's the one. I paid a bit more than that a few months ago...

My birthday's on the 19th, if anyone wants to get me something nice.....

http://www.etoolcart.com/browseprodu...--OTC3628.HTML

pcguy760 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 02 Diamond White Pearl Escalade - Sold 10/11

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylife33 View Post
    My birthday's on the 19th, if anyone wants to get me something nice.....

http://www.etoolcart.com/browseprodu...--OTC3628.HTML
    Hey I would on the conditions that you were...

1. a supermodel female
    2. clean my rides and my garage
    3. make sure I was tuned everyday and my piston was firing at optimum in all your cylinders

HAHA cracks myself up sometimes lol.

sk7

I would want to see pics of the supermodel B4 sending in the cash!!!! I searched a bit for a PC based or palm or ? emulator program of GM Tech 2 with no luck. There was on Fleaybay a TIS software, which is in the GM manual for operating the tech 2, but from my understanding the TIS software alone won't communicate to vehicule without the tech 2 device. I find this a pita having VAGcom for VW on my laptop, and being able to duplicate pretty much anything the dealer can do, but there's nothing for GMs?

sk7, my manual/dvd they sent did not work! can you tell me what the voltages should be for the front sensors and the steering wheel position sensor? I got the colors of the wires for them in an earlier post, I just need to know their allowed voltage readings....

As you can tell, Im really getting into this! Replaced the front shocks, nothing! replaced the relay, nothing! replaced the rear shocks, you guessed it, nothing! The rear height sensors are within range, just want to check the steering wheel position sensor voltage and front height sensors with the multimeter. Im running out of ideas...

sk7

I also had issues with the install of the SI DVD, you really need to follow all the instructions. I didnt remove the java program at first, that caused an issue. There was also sumthin else that related to microsoft .net framework and windows XP family edition. I the end I finally managed to make it work, took a bit of time and reading.

As for the SCM, I'm not sure exactly the interaction for the stabilitrack, ECBM and sensors. I'll focus my attention on getting the air ride compressor to work on its own first. I also got new shocks in the back. I can fax you those sheets late monday nite (working nites monday-tuesday this week.) Did you keep the Bilsteins? I was curious how that bypass of the solenoid control in the OEM shock works? Is it just a resistance value put in between the 2 wires?

Since there's a few of us with air compressor issues, I'm pretty confident we can sort this out together.

Yea i still have the bilsteins. Im pretty confident those are not to blame. The original shocks werent leaking terribly and the compressor wouldnt turn on then. I am goin to try this dvd one more time and if its busted ill pm u the fax. Thanks

sk7

I agree the bilsteins are not to blame, I was just curious on what the bypass was to fool the SCM module to work. Good luck on the DVD install, you can pm me for help or email blownC5, he was a good help also to resolve install issues.

I ended up buying the DVD off ebay... the guy has been pretty helpful, but to no avail ... he did offer a full refund, but Im going to have my brother try it on his comp...

And yeah the bilsteins come with a black box that supposably bypasses the "autoride" sensor. According to arnott, GM installed the sensor to keep aftermarket companies from making the shocks.... So far he said only the Bilsteins had made a bypass feature.

does the manual give a voltage reading range for the steering wheel position sensor?

thanks for all your help! ive put about $1000 into this problem and still not solved....

Also if you could get me the voltage range for the "Leveling Pressure Sensor" that would be great!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.