Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have been trying to locate a source that tell me what I need to do in order to disable ...
    sashadg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Installing Bilsteins trying to disable the Compressor

I have been trying to locate a source that tell me what I need to do in order to disable the compressor system so that I don't get a trouble code or check engine light.

My Escalade is lowered with Eibach 3" and has been so for about 40K. The original shocks work but can't control the vehicle any longer. My wife is all over the place on the frwy's especially with people in the car. I have had the Bilsteins on a Yukon and it was very nice along with the sway bars, which also is on the list of to do's.

ewill3rd

Can you direct me to a fuse or what I can do here?

Thank Scott

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

I can't really help you disable it, not something I do often... or ever for that matter.

You'd have to make a lot of modifications, you'd probably be better off paying someone to fix it properly.
    It's not worh your wife having a wreck to save the money to fix it right is it?

EXTodd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    Thanks, glad to help

I'll feel better when this is fixed for good.
    I am sure you will too... since it is your truck!

Now..... about that million dollars....

You said that you have a PayPal account...right?

Yeah, I have a paypal account..

sashadg is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ewill3rd

So going in an replacing the original shocks with aftermarket shocks could be dangerous? In what way?

Thank you for for reply

Scott

It wouldn't be necessarily "dangerous" but it would be complicated to make the computer not display the message.
    The suspension module would be looking at the level sensor and trying to run diagnostics on the compressor so you'd get a warning light.

Sorry if I came off wrong earlier, but the simplest procedure would probably be to fix the system properly than to try to work around it.
    I am not sure if anyone has done this before on Escalade, I am sure it can be done, but time and money wise I think your best bang for the buck would be to get it fixed.
    Particularly since you stated that you are concerned for your Wife's safety due to handling issues with the malfunctioning system.

esca lade uk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

EXTtodd did you resolve the matter with your compressor not working? I am having the same problem. Did it turn out to be the height sensors?

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Great post! I was able to locate the relay for the compressor, here is a picture.

I am also trying to diagnose a not running air compressor. Took it off the truck, jumped with battery, runs good. Cleaned and reinstaller, jumped at the relay, compressor comes on. I am getting no ground signal from the suspension control module while tuning on ignition. Can a stored DTC prevent the compressor from coming on? The service stability system light is on, comes on as soon as I drive for more than 10-15 feet, after 2 buzzing sounds from under the truck (seems to come from the ABS, brake pedal pulsates with the sound). Will Innova's 3150 enable to read those codes?

Relay Pic:

Relay unplugged showing harness:

GM's SI manual says the suspension control module needs to be calibrated (upon replacement)? I had the complete interior out of the truck for a few months, and its been driven on and off towings without the module.

sk7

I suspected a broken wire or ? from the suspension control module, so I tested what I could from the module itself (12V, 5V ref, IGN, GND) and the blue wire to the front relay, all checks out ok. Module is located behind rear heater-ac system back right side. Will post pics tomorrow... I wish I had acess to a GM tech 2 scanner.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

i have a "service ride control" message and my shocks in the back are DUMPED and the compressor wont turn on.......and I jumped my relay and got the compressor to kick on. What should I check for next? is the relay damaged? im guessing some sort of sensor maybe?

sk7

Your relay is most likely good. I was glad to hear the compressor running when I jumped the contacts together tho. Do you have 12V ignition at the relay when key on? Brown wire if I remember right (Im at work right now, don't have the wiring diagrams with me). Blue wire is negative trigger from the suspension control module. Maybe your truck has the same problem as mine. My rear shocks are brand new. Dunno where the SCM is located on the EXT. Blue trigger wire is in the middle plug.

At the relay on my 03 EXT is 2 blue wires a red and a black.... black is a constant ground, red is a constant + and when the ignition is turned on, it is no longer positive (maybe this is a problem?), one of the blues goes directly to the compressor since i jumped the red and blue while the car was off and the compressor kicked on..... The SCM is located under the rear seat on the ext.... im clueless as to what i should check next....

dstinson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

not that this is by anyway the correct way to fix this problem, but I put a switch under my dash (by my feet) so I could trouble shoot my 'service air ride' message. I can jump the relay so I knew I could put a switch from the relay (actually only 1 wire) and then grounded it. I get the error when I start the truck and as soon as I flip the switch for about 5 seconds it goes away. I assume the sensors are working because the error does go away after I inflate the shocks, just not sure why it does not do it automatically. Maybe you guys will find something I over looked, keep up the posts!

sk7

Good tip dstinson, I'll give that a try. Starting the truck I get no response from the compressor. No service anything light either. Only after driving a few feet does the service stability system light kicks in. I don't know if a major fault in the stabilitrac system can disable the auto leveling suspension? I finally found a seller willing to ship to Canada on ebay (innova 3150), so that might help fixing the problem. I will post the diagram for the colors of the relay tomorrow. I recall it was different for the EXT, but application is the same. +12V from #1 fusebox, +12V out to compressor, switched ignition, and trigger from SCM. Do you get a negative signal from the module on the other wire after turning on ignition?

didnt try that, will try tomorrow if i get a chance...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.