Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 27
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The hair pulling begins...hooked everything back up and the pump kicks on now for like a second and then turns ...
    Jaycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v escalade

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

The hair pulling begins...hooked everything back up and the pump kicks on now for like a second and then turns right back off. Odd thing is now the SAR light is gone.

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycaddy
    The hair pulling begins...hooked everything back up and the pump kicks on now for like a second and then turns right back off. Odd thing is now the SAR light is gone.
    Get the codes pulled it may still be throwing a code
    If no codes then the system may be working right but the compressor only running for a second isn't right

dahubby98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext

Alright fellas, here it is. I have replaced the shocks, compressor, dryer, SCM and relay. I am getting power to the compressor when i jump the two red wires. the brown and blue wires are dead...No gound or power. I am at a loss. Please help. its getting a littel tedious now. Preciate any advice u could give.

Quote Originally Posted by dahubby98
    Alright fellas, here it is. I have replaced the shocks, compressor, dryer, SCM and relay. I am getting power to the compressor when i jump the two red wires. the brown and blue wires are dead...No gound or power. I am at a loss. Please help. its getting a littel tedious now. Preciate any advice u could give.
    Give me some time and I will look at my wiring diagrams for you and see where the wires route to and from

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Give me some time and I will look at my wiring diagrams for you and see where the wires route to and from
    I appreciate it...

So after getting the code C0205, i replaced the steering wheel position sensor. Still sss light on. Checked the 10 amp fuse in the driver side door and there was the problem, a blown fuse...oh well, shes fixed now...

z0lt3c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade 6.0

I've read through just about all the pages on this thread and have been systematically replacing components on my air suspension system but I am still stumped.

When I first got the vehicle the original rear shocks were blown out and compressor was heavily corroded and not running. I replaced the rear shocks w/ the Arnott/Bilstein product and the compressor with a Dorman 949000. At no point, before or after this work, did I have any kind of service messages, however my compressor still does not run when starting the vehicle, or any other time.

Today I replaced the compressor relay, under the hood, and still it would not turn on. Next I jumped the position 30 to 87 sockets on the relay and finally heard the compressor turn on. I was able to check the air lines for leaks and could not find any, vehicle seemed to hold the height level I would leave it at when jumped. Still no service messages on the dash.

At this point I am at a loss... my condition sounds alot like others, suggesting a bad exhaust solenoid, but I have no service messages which almost everybody seems to get with this root cause. Also since my compressor is new, it that was the root cause it would mean I got a defective part (not unheard of based on searching). I got the compressor from Amazon, so they will take it back and pay return shipping, but I don't want to remove it if it's not the problem.

Given I have no service messages and I can run the pump when jumping the relay and seem to have no leaks and new shocks, I am thinking more along the line of computer or sensors. But in this huge thread I haven't found anyone who found the computer to be at fault and only some passing mention of the sensors.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by z0lt3c
    I've read through just about all the pages on this thread and have been systematically replacing components on my air suspension system but I am still stumped. When I first got the vehicle the original rear shocks were blown out and compressor was heavily corroded and not running. I replaced the rear shocks w/ the Arnott/Bilstein product and the compressor with a Dorman 949000. At no point, before or after this work, did I have any kind of service messages, however my compressor still does not run when starting the vehicle, or any other time. Today I replaced the compressor relay, under the hood, and still it would not turn on. Next I jumped the position 30 to 87 sockets on the relay and finally heard the compressor turn on. I was able to check the air lines for leaks and could not find any, vehicle seemed to hold the height level I would leave it at when jumped. Still no service messages on the dash. At this point I am at a loss... my condition sounds alot like others, suggesting a bad exhaust solenoid, but I have no service messages which almost everybody seems to get with this root cause. Also since my compressor is new, it that was the root cause it would mean I got a defective part (not unheard of based on searching). I got the compressor from Amazon, so they will take it back and pay return shipping, but I don't want to remove it if it's not the problem. Given I have no service messages and I can run the pump when jumping the relay and seem to have no leaks and new shocks, I am thinking more along the line of computer or sensors. But in this huge thread I haven't found anyone who found the computer to be at fault and only some passing mention of the sensors. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Get the codes pulled as it may be a sensor throwing a code causing the system to not work

Get the codes pulled as it may be a sensor throwing a code causing the system to not work
    There could be a code even without the service message?

I did have the codes read by the dealer, before I replaced anything about a month ago, the only code was related to my MAF sensor, which was replaced. Dealer stated no other fault codes were present. This thread provides some good details on accessing voltage from the sensor at the SCM in the rear passenger side body cavity. I presume I could put use my multimeter on those terminals and test for the rear sensor values?

There could be a code even without the service message? I did have the codes read by the dealer, before I replaced anything about a month ago, the only code was related to my MAF sensor, which was replaced. Dealer stated no other fault codes were present. This thread provides some good details on accessing voltage from the sensor at the SCM in the rear passenger side body cavity. I presume I could put use my multimeter on those terminals and test for the rear sensor values?
    The lift/dive sensors are located on the axle just behind the wheel

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by z0lt3c View Post

There could be a code even without the service message?

I did have the codes read by the dealer, before I replaced anything about a month ago, the only code was related to my MAF sensor, which was replaced. Dealer stated no other fault codes were present. This thread provides some good details on accessing voltage from the sensor at the SCM in the rear passenger side body cavity. I presume I could put use my multimeter on those terminals and test for the rear sensor values?
    Do you have the rear of the vehicle weighed down? The compressor doesn't come on every time you start the car unless the rear is low.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedyk43 View Post
    Do you have the rear of the vehicle weighed down? The compressor doesn't come on every time you start the car unless the rear is low.
    No, nor is my rear end sagging. But I have been told the compressor should run briefly when the car is first started. I can throw some sandbags in the trunk and see what happens.

Also, if you feel the air bladders on my shocks they are not full of air. When I replaced the air compressor, whatever air was in the system bled out, and until I jumped the compressor at the relay, it has never run since being swapped...

No, nor is my rear end sagging. But I have been told the compressor should run briefly when the car is first started. I can throw some sandbags in the trunk and see what happens. Also, if you feel the air bladders on my shocks they are not full of air. When I replaced the air compressor, whatever air was in the system bled out, and until I jumped the compressor at the relay, it has never run since being swapped...
    Get the codes pulled then come back on here and post them so I can help you out more before messing with the system more

Get the codes pulled then come back on here and post them so I can help you out more before messing with the system more
    My dealer charges $110 for a diagnostic fee... just can't justify paying that. I still don't understand why I would have a code w/o a service message or why the dealer wouldn't have found the code the last time I spent $110 to have it read. It seems to make more sense to expose the SCM and take voltage readings off the sensors.

I wanted to post an update in this thread on my air suspension system problems. I broke down and took it to the dealer and paid the $129 diagnostic charge. They hooked it up to a Tech 2 and were unable to communicate w/ the module. They exposed the module and inspected the wiring, I guess better then I did, and they found one of the three harness connectors required repair. They repaired the connector and immediately the 10 amp fuse blew. They replaced the fuse and could now communicate w/ the the module via the tech 2, all additional diagnostics passed, and the rear leveling is now functional again.

Just wanted to point out there were no codes stored or service messages on the dash. The only real indication of this problem was that the module would not respond to the dealer's scan tool, aside from noticing that the pump was not running. This problem drove me batty !!! I put about 30 miles since the "repair" and the fuse hasn't blown again and I can now feel air in the shock bladders. I still don't hear the compressor run every time I turn the car on, but I hear it on occasional startups.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.