Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 25
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 429
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by 90limited No worries... We have multiple cars and I will not drive the EXT until I get ...
  1. #361
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by 90limited
    No worries... We have multiple cars and I will not drive the EXT until I get the new shocks installed, but thanks for the heads up nevertheless....

    On another note Arnott will pay $25 each for Escalade rear shock cores. So that means that I got the new shocks that much cheaper...
    You can still drive the truck even with the compressor relay removed as it cuts power to compressor hence preventing it from running but it may throw a service ride control message again not sure

  2. #362
    90limited is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    118

    Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

    OK... I have stopped banging my head on the garage floor long enough to come into the house and type this post.... I have repaired the solenoid and installed used Monroe 40032 shocks purchased from Amazon. Drove the truck for a day and it did great with no problems. After washing it yesterday, I notice the SRC is back up on the dash. So I think to myself that my solenoid repair failed. Jump the relay and pump runs. Take pump off and test solenoid and it is good. Put pump back on truck it start and pump runs for a few seconds and shuts off, but I still get the SRC on dash... Turn off, way a few minutes, start back up and pump does not run and still have SRC. Turn off, disconnect both airlines from the shocks and restart. Pumps runs for a few seconds and shuts off and SRC comes on... Does the computer measure the amperage draw of the pump. Seems to me that it should run longer than a few seconds with the airlines disconnected. Reconnected airlines, start it, pump runs fors for a few seconds stops and SRC pops up... Also, I cannot find the bloody level sensor. Where the heck it located...?

    At this point, I am guessing the that pump is shot or the "used" shocks I got from Amazon are bad. It is the original pump, so should I go ahead and order a replacement pump or drop the coin to take it to a dealer and have the codes read...? I want the freak'n SRC code gone. I am also regretting getting the used shocks, but I guess that new ones could have the same issue.......

  3. #363
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by 90limited
    OK... I have stopped banging my head on the garage floor long enough to come into the house and type this post.... I have repaired the solenoid and installed used Monroe 40032 shocks purchased from Amazon. Drove the truck for a day and it did great with no problems. After washing it yesterday, I notice the SRC is back up on the dash. So I think to myself that my solenoid repair failed. Jump the relay and pump runs. Take pump off and test solenoid and it is good. Put pump back on truck it start and pump runs for a few seconds and shuts off, but I still get the SRC on dash... Turn off, way a few minutes, start back up and pump does not run and still have SRC. Turn off, disconnect both airlines from the shocks and restart. Pumps runs for a few seconds and shuts off and SRC comes on... Does the computer measure the amperage draw of the pump. Seems to me that it should run longer than a few seconds with the airlines disconnected. Reconnected airlines, start it, pump runs fors for a few seconds stops and SRC pops up... Also, I cannot find the bloody level sensor. Where the heck it located...?

    At this point, I am guessing the that pump is shot or the "used" shocks I got from Amazon are bad. It is the original pump, so should I go ahead and order a replacement pump or drop the coin to take it to a dealer and have the codes read...? I want the freak'n SRC code gone. I am also regretting getting the used shocks, but I guess that new ones could have the same issue.......
    Replace the compressor man if I went through all that I'd be the same way(check the shocks for leaks to be safe spray them down with some soapy water)

  4. #364
    mikedyk43's Avatar
    mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by 90limited View Post
    OK... I have stopped banging my head on the garage floor long enough to come into the house and type this post.... I have repaired the solenoid and installed used Monroe 40032 shocks purchased from Amazon. Drove the truck for a day and it did great with no problems. After washing it yesterday, I notice the SRC is back up on the dash. So I think to myself that my solenoid repair failed. Jump the relay and pump runs. Take pump off and test solenoid and it is good. Put pump back on truck it start and pump runs for a few seconds and shuts off, but I still get the SRC on dash... Turn off, way a few minutes, start back up and pump does not run and still have SRC. Turn off, disconnect both airlines from the shocks and restart. Pumps runs for a few seconds and shuts off and SRC comes on... Does the computer measure the amperage draw of the pump. Seems to me that it should run longer than a few seconds with the airlines disconnected. Reconnected airlines, start it, pump runs fors for a few seconds stops and SRC pops up... Also, I cannot find the bloody level sensor. Where the heck it located...?

    At this point, I am guessing the that pump is shot or the "used" shocks I got from Amazon are bad. It is the original pump, so should I go ahead and order a replacement pump or drop the coin to take it to a dealer and have the codes read...? I want the freak'n SRC code gone. I am also regretting getting the used shocks, but I guess that new ones could have the same issue.......
    To locate the rear sensors, remove the rear tires and they will be staring you in the face. Make sure they are BOTH correctly positioned. Lifting the rear end to replace the shocks could have surely moved one or both. If they are both good, then I would check for leaks. I would not replace the pump unless you are sure it doesn't work. If you're hearing it come on then it sounds as if it is functional.

  5. #365
    90limited is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    118

    Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

    OK.... so the auto level works. I loaded the bed with stuff and the compressor kicked on like it should and leveled the rear, but I am still getting a SRC on the dash. I guess my only option is to go get the codes read at the dealer... Anybody have other ideas? I used dielectric grease on all the electric fittings. Maybe I will try unpluging and repluging everything just to make sure...

  6. #366
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by 90limited
    OK.... so the auto level works. I loaded the bed with stuff and the compressor kicked on like it should and leveled the rear, but I am still getting a SRC on the dash. I guess my only option is to go get the codes read at the dealer... Anybody have other ideas? I used dielectric grease on all the electric fittings. Maybe I will try unpluging and repluging everything just to make sure...
    Let me see there is a lift/dive sensor at each wheel a sensor under the front seat and a sensor under the center console along with a sensor in the steering column

  7. #367
    koit965 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Escalade Base Model
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1

    Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

    You guys rock!!
    I just replaced my with Dorman completed air suspention set then SRC gone. .
    $219 free shipping from Amazon.

    My Experiment:
    - Found bad solenoid (0 ohm read between 2 wire)
    - repaired solenoid by resolder the open cable
    - Install back to car
    - pum start "few second" and off after start the engine.
    - still get SRC on dash
    - Removed and check the solenoid again ==> still good (reading ~30ohm)
    ==> replace completed set with Dorman ==>

  8. #368
    crazymaci's Avatar
    crazymaci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    seattle
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12

    Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

    great site, got the src code, read this thread over and decided to just start with the pump since it does not turn on, ill check it over with the power probe tomorrow to see if it works, the truck sits level or a little above, but rides like a tahoe so somethings up, thanks

  9. #369
    crazymaci's Avatar
    crazymaci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    seattle
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12

    Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazymaci View Post
    great site, got the src code, read this thread over and decided to just start with the pump since it does not turn on, ill check it over with the power probe tomorrow to see if it works, the truck sits level or a little above, but rides like a tahoe so somethings up, thanks
    ok so i tested the motor and nothing,i pulled the pump apart and found that the piston was seized in the cylinder, the motor would run when i disconnected the piston,but seemed weak, it was super corroded in there, could not find anything on a new piston or "rings", so im going to order the dorman set up as it looks like a better deal for only 40 more bucks, ill try to post pics once i figure that out, thanks again

  10. #370
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymaci
    ok so i tested the motor and nothing,i pulled the pump apart and found that the piston was seized in the cylinder, the motor would run when i disconnected the piston,but seemed weak, it was super corroded in there, could not find anything on a new piston or "rings", so im going to order the dorman set up as it looks like a better deal for only 40 more bucks, ill try to post pics once i figure that out, thanks again
    This is common issue compressor seizes up causing the motor to fail
    I think there is a oil plug on the compressor housing for this(not sure)
    Downside it the cure is replacing the whole thing

  11. #371
    thompson569 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

    Hey all. New here. Just picked up a used 04 Escalade ESV and have noticed that I never hear the compressor come on. I had hooked up my trailer and it also never came one. The driver side rear seems to be sagging considerably. Oddly enough, I do not have any messages on the dash about anything being wrong. I have checked all the appropriate fuses and attempted to see if I could see anything wrong at the compressor. I am going to take the wiring diagrams I found on this thread and do some more troubleshooting. I'm guessing it's probably the pump as most others have found. However, almost everyone on here has complained of the dash messages and I have none. We hooked up an OBD-II scanner and found no codes either. Before I dump the $200 on a new pump I'll do a little more in depth troubleshooting.

    Just wondering if anyone else has had no dash message but the compressor wasn't working and what that ended up being. Seems like I should have a code if the solenoid has failed or pump has seized.

  12. #372
    grayparatrooper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    77

    Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

    Quote Originally Posted by thompson569 View Post
    Hey all. New here. Just picked up a used 04 Escalade ESV and have noticed that I never hear the compressor come on. I had hooked up my trailer and it also never came one. The driver side rear seems to be sagging considerably. Oddly enough, I do not have any messages on the dash about anything being wrong. I have checked all the appropriate fuses and attempted to see if I could see anything wrong at the compressor. I am going to take the wiring diagrams I found on this thread and do some more troubleshooting. I'm guessing it's probably the pump as most others have found. However, almost everyone on here has complained of the dash messages and I have none. We hooked up an OBD-II scanner and found no codes either. Before I dump the $200 on a new pump I'll do a little more in depth troubleshooting.

    Just wondering if anyone else has had no dash message but the compressor wasn't working and what that ended up being. Seems like I should have a code if the solenoid has failed or pump has seized.
    I just bought my escalade about 2 wks ago noticed i hadnt really heard the compressor kick on since i had it. I had no messages though and its seems to sit normal well aout 3 days i get the src message so i guess something broke. I havent really had the time to trouble shoot it. Sadly i had take it to gm dealer to have the whole thing checked and i asked them if it was good and they said yes so thats a bummer.

  13. #373
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by grayparatrooper

    I just bought my escalade about 2 wks ago noticed i hadnt really heard the compressor kick on since i had it. I had no messages though and its seems to sit normal well aout 3 days i get the src message so i guess something broke. I havent really had the time to trouble shoot it. Sadly i had take it to gm dealer to have the whole thing checked and i asked them if it was good and they said yes so thats a bummer.
    Sounds like it overheated which means the compressor is going to fail sometime soon
    Also check your shocks for leaks which can cause the compressor to overheat

  14. #374
    crazymaci's Avatar
    crazymaci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    seattle
    Age
    31
    Posts
    12
    I just got done installing the Arnott air pump and shocks and so far so good(though one Shock was heavily corroded and didn't look good repainted) that would be the way to go for 530$ said and done, does anyone know where to get the protective rubber shroud? The dealer wanted 175$!!

  15. #375
    the cadillac man's Avatar
    the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    speedwell tn,
    Posts
    7,215
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymaci
    I just got done installing the Arnott air pump and shocks and so far so good(though one Shock was heavily corroded and didn't look good repainted) that would be the way to go for 530$ said and done, does anyone know where to get the protective rubber shroud? The dealer wanted 175$!!
    Make one as the dealer is the only place I know of

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting