Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 23
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Thanks all for the help on this thread. I was able to replace my compressor with an arnott through following ...
    jeffsvatek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

Thanks all for the help on this thread. I was able to replace my compressor with an arnott through following all the tips. First checked the relay and to see if the wires were corroded with no luck. Picked up the arnott compressor kit at Advance Auto Parts for $193. Hooked it up and voila, compressor works again.

Couple questions though. The kit came with an air dryer rebuild kit. I did not do this as I had trouble trying to unscrew the dryer container. Is it important to replace this? My I have an '04 with 93k miles on it.

Also, is it necessary to have this calibrated or anything. I'm guessing the compressor is really just plug and play since it works but didn't know how it monitored the pressure in each shock.

gscrazy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

can someone tell me how to jump the compressor? i'm an absolute noob and don't quite understand how this is done. appreciate the help. i have a '04 escalade btw.

osure is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 escalade

I took the unit out and tested it. It is really easy to take out,Drivers side right behind the drivers tire. There is three bolts two on the outside (think13 mm) of frame rail. One is on the inside of rail through hole in rail by spare tire side. You dont way to take them all the way out just loosen and move the unit up and it slides out. After it is out you can see the wires to just. Also test the selenoid as that is what went out in mine. If I was in there I Hold also look to make sure my drier was not really wet. ( black tube on top of compressor)

'49 Ford Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, I just ordered my Arnott compressor with the rebuild kit. Question is.. does the cap of the drier just unscrew off the housing? thanks in advance... yea, it was the FRIGGIN' UNSEALED solenoid that was all corroded up and wires corroded in two.... also, open circuit on the solenoid wires themselves... That design is AWFUL ! ! Cadillac quality control engineers should have their ASS kicked. There wasn't even any sealant on the top plate of the solenoid. it appeared that water had been sitting in the housing.... idiots...

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by '49 Ford Coupe
    Well, I just ordered my Arnott compressor with the rebuild kit. Question is.. does the cap of the drier just unscrew off the housing? thanks in advance... yea, it was the FRIGGIN' UNSEALED solenoid that was all corroded up and wires corroded in two.... also, open circuit on the solenoid wires themselves... That design is AWFUL ! ! Cadillac quality control engineers should have their ASS kicked. There wasn't even any sealant on the top plate of the solenoid. it appeared that water had been sitting in the housing.... idiots...
    It ain't just caddie owners with this issue gmc and Chevy also use this same system although on certain models it is a option and not standred.
    My advice is seal it up and see if it keeps water out.
    I find it as a bad place to put the compressor anyway.

'49 Ford Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Aw hell, I know it's entirely across the GM truck line... and yes, it's a horrible place to put it... wonder if it's cheaper to run air tubes to the back or wires ? I already ordered my Arnott compressor..and surely (it appears) that the new compressor has it's own new solenoid...the entire old system is going to the dumpster...

OH, by the way. Does anybody know what the output pressure is on the compressor? Thinkin' of an invention to ZAP ******* drivers with a high pressure "squirt" system... ahahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by '49 Ford Coupe
    Aw hell, I know it's entirely across the GM truck line... and yes, it's a horrible place to put it... wonder if it's cheaper to run air tubes to the back or wires ? I already ordered my Arnott compressor..and surely (it appears) that the new compressor has it's own new solenoid...the entire old system is going to the dumpster...

OH, by the way. Does anybody know what the output pressure is on the compressor? Thinkin' of an invention to ZAP ******* drivers with a high pressure "squirt" system... ahahahaha...
    You think like me with the squirt system but I don't know what the output of the compressor but I have thought of if it will work in a different spot besides behind the rear wheel I know my dad's hummer h2 has in the middle just behind the rear bumper which is where the spare tire is located on the escalade
    I still can't figure out why they didn't protect the compressor better.

abel02ext is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 ext

hi im new here today. i am having a problem with my 2002 EXT air ride. first i thought it was a bad compressor so i bought a new ARNOTT P-2204 from ebay and installed it and still does not turn on. i get power at compressor when i turn on the key but it is showing the black and red wires on the compressor are both hot with my test light. i can hear the solenoid click when i turn on the key. any ideas thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abel02ext
    hi im new here today. i am having a problem with my 2002 EXT air ride. first i thought it was a bad compressor so i bought a new ARNOTT P-2204 from ebay and installed it and still does not turn on. i get power at compressor when i turn on the key but it is showing the black and red wires on the compressor are both hot with my test light. i can hear the solenoid click when i turn on the key. any ideas thanks
    Sounds like something else and not the compressor, like a sensor or module.

abel02ext is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 ext

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man View Post
    Sounds like something else and not the compressor, like a sensor or module.
    ok so i cut the ground wire on the compressor and put it straight to ground and it worked so im just going to leave it that way thanks tho

Quote Originally Posted by abel02ext

ok so i cut the ground wire on the compressor and put it straight to ground and it worked so im just going to leave it that way thanks tho
    It might have been a bad ground just make sure it ain't where it will get wet and that it is protected.

bkman01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues. I just replaced compressor and back shocks with Arnott ones. SRC light came on after about 5 minutes driving. The compressor turns on, stays on for about 10-15 seconds, then shuts off. The SRC light goes off when you first start up truck, but after driving for a few minutes comes back on. Where do I start??

Quote Originally Posted by bkman01
    I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues. I just replaced compressor and back shocks with Arnott ones. SRC light came on after about 5 minutes driving. The compressor turns on, stays on for about 10-15 seconds, then shuts off. The SRC light goes off when you first start up truck, but after driving for a few minutes comes back on. Where do I start??
    Sounds like sensor

bkman01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Which sensor should I check first? Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by bkman01
    Which sensor should I check first? Thanks for the quick reply.
    There is a lift/dive sensor at each wheel check those one by one until it trips the system (most likely you will need a tech-2 due to the complex nature of the system)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.