Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 21
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Where is the compressor located on an 08 ESV?...
    Alberta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

Where is the compressor located on an 08 ESV?

In addition to a 2008 ESV, I have a 2000 Yukon XL with air ride suspension since new, and it now has 330,000 km on it. When the air ride worked, it was great, but I had the same problems with the airride that are outlined in this thread, except no problems with the module, only the compressor and shocks. The 2nd time the compressor went, I replaced it with an Arnott unit. It worked well, but was not a straight out swap, as the mounting holes were in a slightly different position, and we had to drill the frame to get it mounted. The second time the shocks went, I replace them with the non-air ride Bilstein shock from Arnott. They work fine until there is a load, but drop a little more than the air shocks did with the same load (my boat and trailer). Is the Arnott compressor a straight swap in the Escalade, or did you have to drill new mounting holes in the frame?

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, just found this and now I am sifting through all of the pages. My air ride on my 04 is sounding weak! How hard is a compressor/shock swap? Is this all that is needed, or do I need to run new airlines? Any info to how big of a task would be appreciated!

Took my 08 ESV to my backyard mechanic friend because the airride wasn't working. Turns out the air lines had rubbed against the frame and 2 of them had holes in them. Does any one know if the air lines are available separately from the compressor?

William01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV

I have been wondering when I would be hit with this Service Ride Control, and hoping that it would not be anytime soon when BAM there it is. My wife happened to be with me, and BTW she hates the Cadillac to begin with. She said well it's a good thing you have had it for so long (sarcastic) and that you got rid of the Honda Pilot, which nothing was wrong with. I bought the 03 ESV 3 months ago and I love it. Yes I have put a little money into it. I bought tires, synthetic oil Change, Oil pressure sending unit, and for the latest changed out the bulbs for the DRL. Which brings me to this next issue, and either wierd or just coincidence. Last night I changed out the Daytime Running Light bulbs, and started the truck right afterwards and there on the DIC is the Service Ride Control Message and no compressor noise. I was wondering if the little electrical connector behind the grill insert that I fastened a little because it was hanging out a little might have anything to do with this compressor issue or just complete coincidence? I am hoping that someone can tell me what that little connector is and where it goes?

The compressor has been working since I bought the truck. It has been running for about 10 seconds when I first start the truck then periodically I noticed it at stop lights and other idle times, but it never continuously ran for me to think anything out of the ordinary. I am beginning to rethink my decision to buy this truck, but I don't want to admit it. I love the truck, the power, look, feel, ride, without the issues. The URPA did not work when I bought it, and I have not fixed it yet but I did not see that as a big deal, and thought I would get to that later but it was still in the back of my head that it needed to be done. Last night when I saw the message I thought compressor because of all I have been reading, then I started to read more on this thread and realized that it could be a number of different things all to do with the Air ride, and started to get overwhelmed about it.

I would appreciate anyones input and advice to get this right. Will driving the truck in the meantime while I am getting it figured out hurt the truck more, which in return will cost more $$$? Or is it just a nice to have feature? Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from some experienced fellow Escalade DIY experts.

William01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV

which fuses should I be looking at? I am dealing with this now. I checked the IGN3 and the RTD and they both look good. Please help me...

Rayjac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

New here. SRC message is showing. HAve arnott compressor, comes on levels the rear,Just moved about 500 lbs of boxs, leveled right up no pun.
    SRC message has been on for the last month. Car rides great handles well but SRC message still comes on the minute I crank the truck. I have been reading the post but not sure what to look for because everything seems to be working ok. Just the SRC message.2003 escalade esv. Anyone have any ideas

jaswyoung is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade esv

been researching this for my 03 esv. compressor is not starting, I havent pulled it yet, wanted to test relays etc before doing so. forgive the simple question, but what does scm stand for? I have are regular obd reader and it's not pulling in the dtc's for this.

thanks.

Soulboyblue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Escalade

Hello everyone. Same problem with my 05 Escalade. Checked relay, all good. Direct wired compressor to battery, all good. Decided to open exhaust solenoid coil cover( i think thats what it is), the small box at end of compressor has two screws(t17) to open peeled blue tape back and im pretty sure one of the wires was already brokefrom solder. I dont know i i broke it when peeling blue tape back or not. Wondering because would it have ran when direct connected to battery if one of those wires were broken already??? Anyway im trying to solder them back but cant find the other end of the coil wire to be soldered. In looking for wire the other stran broke off also. So now i don't know whick one goes on which. Or does it matter?? Im not to electrically savvy. Anyone know??? Really appreciate this thread and everyone who has taken time out of their day to help out us DIY'ers!!!
    Thanks for input!!!

Chumpy95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 White Diamond Escalade

Hello....., I am not sure if I will get a response to this thread but its worth a try.

I have 03 Escalade and had back shocks in the rear a ways back(Compressor was always running and it was sitting low on the drivers side). So, I bought a set from Arnott and had them installed. Now, 3 months later I got the dreaded "Service Ride Control" light on the dash.

Started the car from cold and got underneath to see If I heard the compressor kick on.....and nothing.

While under there I looked at the 2 shocks and it looked to be off by almost an inch on the DS.

Anyone have any thoughts? My first inclination is to replace the compressor.

amtrucker22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade - 06 GTO

I have the SRC light also but I replaced my shocks with bilsteins... I hate that damn light!!!

bowcha101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext

Ok I am in need of help BADLY. My compressor has been shot for quite some time now, and today i received my new compressor from Arnott. I completely rebuilt the dryer and installed the compressor as instructed. Once everything was put back together I started my truck and the compressor wouldn't turn on. So I jumped the relay as specified in this thread, and the compressor turned on right away as expected. I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong. What i do know is that my "Service Stability System" has been, and when I took off the old compressor, I disassembled it to see what was going on, and there was a ton of liquid and corrosion inside of it. Also the black Ground wire on the old compressor was burnt in the middle and you could smell that it was burnt as well. I am wondering if anyone could give me any advice at all as to what the problem could be. I'm guessing if my old compressor was completely burnt out and shirted, maybe it possibly shorted something else, but I can't figure out what. Thanks in advance!

mikedyk43 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by bowcha101 View Post
    Ok I am in need of help BADLY. My compressor has been shot for quite some time now, and today i received my new compressor from Arnott. I completely rebuilt the dryer and installed the compressor as instructed. Once everything was put back together I started my truck and the compressor wouldn't turn on. So I jumped the relay as specified in this thread, and the compressor turned on right away as expected. I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong. What i do know is that my "Service Stability System" has been, and when I took off the old compressor, I disassembled it to see what was going on, and there was a ton of liquid and corrosion inside of it. Also the black Ground wire on the old compressor was burnt in the middle and you could smell that it was burnt as well. I am wondering if anyone could give me any advice at all as to what the problem could be. I'm guessing if my old compressor was completely burnt out and shirted, maybe it possibly shorted something else, but I can't figure out what. Thanks in advance!
    Well, if you jumped the relay and the compressor turned on, than congratulations you just eliminated three possible problems. You now know that the relay has a good power supply, the power line to the compressor is good as well as the compressor. This leaves two possibilities; 1. The relay itself is bad or 2. Whatever triggers the relay is bad. To test which it is, you need to see if there is power being supplied to turn on the relay. I don't have a diagram of which pin it is, however it should not be that difficult to figure out. You already know which terminals are the power supply for the compressor (The ones you jumped). After starting the vehicle, another terminal should have power supplied to it to activate the relay and it should be delayed (That short waiting period before the compressor usually turns on). If you have this voltage, then the relay is bad, if not then it is whatever triggers the relay to turn on, perhaps the auto ride level sensors or even a fuse.

Thank you very much for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I will test the relay probably tomorrow. However, I was wondering if my compressor not kicking on could be due to my BPMV being faulty. When we ran the codes I received the code C0286 which it stated was a short in the BPMV, I replaced the MPA switch and the issue and codes continued, do you think this could cause the compressor to not work as well? I do know that while driving my truck on the beach when I was fishing I drove over a hole that I didn't see and my truck almost got airborne lol which makes me think maybe I should examine the auto level sensors you spoke of because maybe they got bent. My old compressor was shot beforehand so I never noticed. This is just becoming a huge/expensive headache. Thanks again for your help.

Ok so I just checked the voltage to the relay, and I am getting a ready of a little less than 5 volts to one of the smaller wires when the ignition is on. Does that mean that the relay is shot? Or is it supposed to be reading 12v like the power wire does?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.