Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; 12V to power wire and ground on body of compressor should do it! We can get our compressors to run ...
    sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

12V to power wire and ground on body of compressor should do it! We can get our compressors to run by jumping the underhood relay. SCM needs working exhaust solenoid valve before compressor activates...

DanielKnew is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV

well i powered up the orange wire and ground the pump and nothing happened, i guess this pump is garbage. i talked to a guy about puting heavy duty gas shocks on, i guess it works just fine. im going to try it and i'll keep you posted.

ok so i buy the replacement gas shocks and get in my truck, start it up and the pump turns on! ill have to find out where the short is, its some where between the plug and the compressor, i might bring back the shocks but what i really need now os the air hose that has been cut, the ( GM P/N 88987900 ) Air hose i cant get for two weeks

sk7

I had to look at my notes again as my compressor started acting up again! I was pretty sure the solenoid was to blame, took compressor off the truck, solenoid still works good! Turns out problem was the main power connector to the SCM! With ignition on, I could hear the module click on and off by wiggling the harness! No corrosion inside the plug that I could see... Bent the tabs on the module towards the inside a bit, all good now!

Same thing with mine, I wiggle the plug and the compressor turns on. I have not bent the tabs but I will, right now I notice the truck sits alittle to high on one side in the back, how do I deflate the shocks so that they are even, I would think it should have been built to do it automatically but with both shocks being filled with air from the same hose and pump there isn't anything to regulate the pressure individually

sk7

You are correct there's no way for the system to compensate for one side only. I'm sure you've read other members here having issues with corrosion inside the harness over the junction box right side rear inner fender? Weird on height problem tho? Coils are ok? I would switch shocks sides see what happens...

Well I had them inflated at the end of January and I didn't get the compressor working until just a few days ago, so I guess one leaks just abit more then the other over a six month span exspecialy with the -40 winter weather, my question is how to deflate them totaly and reinflate them equally

M109R is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello, I read all 20 pages of the "answer the million dollar question" post. I have an 02 suburban which is the same system as the Cadillac. I just bought the vehicle about a month ago. The compressor does not kick on with a load. I checked the load sensors my removing one end of the rod and moving it up and down. I could hear electric beeps when I moved up and down. So I think they are ok. I did do the jumper on the relay and the pump did work and did raise the rear end up. I have a Hypertech programmer from the previous owner and I hooked it up to return everything back to normal. When I plugged it in it checked for dtc codes and found C0660. So after reading your post, I'm assuming my exhaust selinoid is bad on the compressor. I'm going to remove it and check and see if that wire is corroded in 2. And maybe solder back to see if that fixes the whole system. I looked at the compressor and all 3 rubber bushings are gone where it mounts with the 3 torx screws. But since the compressor raised the rear, how do I release the air so I can remove the compressor? Thanks for any help!!

I just disconnected the compressor and removed it, the shocks hold there air pressure, but I would like to know how to deflate them myself

brianengy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I have a 2008 escalade where the pump will not turn on. I'm getting a message saying to service the suspension system. I took the pump off and tested it and that works. I read through all twenty pages and the questions I have is if I jump the relay the pump should come on if its working correctly? I also check with a 12v test light and the plug lead E has no power to it. Should it? Is there another relay other than under the hood? The reason I ask is the pump relay wires are different than the two that power the pump. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

ehenrich is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade EXT

I am now going to partake in this journey that everyone seems to have alot of fun with . . . . arnott compressor will be here next week

05cadillac_escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Angry Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

I have a 2005 escalade, my air compressor has been working fine, i stopped one day at the store and when i got back in the SRC light was displayed and the compressor want come back on? any ideas??

sk7

Welcome to the forum 05cadillac_escalade! You got the right thread for info on your ALC system! Read thru these pages and you should find all the answers to your questions. If not post back. I'll be glad to give you some help.

David Post is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Deville

hey im having the same problem with my 97 caddilac deville, i have checked the BODY 2 fuse witch my manual says controls the Eletronic Leveling System. i have also got under the car and checed connections and hoses all of witch look good...my commpresor just makes no noise and dosent turn on at all.... and also i dont know if this problem is related ( very possibly is) my digital spedomiter has quit working, check engine light seat belt etc. work but the spedomited itself no linger turns on... the tail of my car is riding realy low and im hoping to fix it before and permant damage is done.... help with either problem would be GREATLY appriciated...thank you very much.

generationsracing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV, 2005 CTS

This works!! Found out the exhaust valve was the culprit. Soldered the connections and all is good. Thanks to all that posted their troubleshooting notes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.