Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well, since this thread has been a wealth of a variety of issues with the air ride system, I guess ...
    Dax
    Dax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

Well, since this thread has been a wealth of a variety of issues with the air ride system, I guess i'll give my story if it will help a few out there. I have an '04 with 103k on the dial and my compressor was running very often while driving and decided to replace the stock rear shockswith Arnotts Bilsteins. Granted, I didn't do a proper leak inspection with soapy water before replacing, I just relied on most people's experience with them going bad at around 100k. I replaced the shocks with no problem, hooked up the bypasses for the sensors and air lines. Now when the compressor kicks on, I get a hissing sound from what I believe is the right air hose connection. It doesn't leak so bad that the compressor never kicks off, but it does come right back on within about 30 seconds. I tried pressing on the connection when aired up, and the leak seems to be diminished, but is still there. I inspected the connector for dirt and cleaned very little out and the issue persists.

So, now, I have a complete tubing set on order since I doubt the new Arnott's would have a leak. Has anyone had issues with the stock tubing connectors? In all honesty, it looks like a rather weak way to attach a high pressure connector. I will update this post or post an update once I get the new tubing on (all places had to special order it, so I don't think it's a 'fast mover'). Any help would be appreciated, and I think my loud compressor needs to go next!

Dax

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

I agree on the "flimsyness" of the connectors, tho I've never seen one broken. Only those metal clips MIA. Keep us posted!

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by sk7 View Post
    I agree on the "flimsyness" of the connectors, tho I've never seen one broken. Only those metal clips MIA. Keep us posted!
    Well, with time on my hands, and a stubborn attitude, I ended up swapping the shocks to see if the problem followed. I tried the soapy water test to see if it was genuinely the connector or otherwise, but since they are new, the water just rolled off and wouldn't stay adhered to any suspect areas. Sure enough, the leak followed the shock movement. So, i'm in contact with Arnott about an RMA. Updates to follow.

Dax

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Well, with time on my hands, and a stubborn attitude, I ended up swapping the shocks to see if the problem followed. I tried the soapy water test to see if it was genuinely the connector or otherwise, but since they are new, the water just rolled off and wouldn't stay adhered to any suspect areas. Sure enough, the leak followed the shock movement. So, i'm in contact with Arnott about an RMA. Updates to follow.
    Well, I hate to reply to my own reply, but it is leaking from the junction of the top of the shock/air bladder and the shaft. I didn't think of checking that area the first time. Anyway, seems like the problem should be solved after a little bit of wrenching and waiting.

Dax

Problem solved... Replaced the defective shock and all is well. So if anyone needs a complete tubing set (GM P/N 88987900 unopened original packaging), just PM me.

For the record, Arnott was very gracious throughout the warranty replacement. They just asked me for a picture of the leak (soapy water bubbles), and the replacement was on it's way. So, overall, a minor setback, but they never hesitated and made everything right.

stock545i is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Looks like this gremlin as struck my 02 EXT as well. I noticed compressor doesn't run at all and a slight sag on the right rear. I checked STUD1 and IGN3. There was no fuse in IGN3, is this ok, or was it taken out? I have located the relay and jumped 30 and 87, and haven't heard the compressor kick in.... to be continued..

onaflyer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by EXTodd View Post
    Thanks a lot ewill. Can you tell me how to remove the air lines from the shocks? Is it difficult? We can see that there is still air pressure in the shocks so why doesn't it deflate and sag the rear end if the exhaust solenoid is possibily open? Thanks for your help.
    Grasp the spring clip with a pair of pliers then twist and pull, then the connector will slide off. There is a good chance that you have an air leak on the shock bags since your compressor will not pump up the shocks. If so, that will lead to a quick failure of your pump from overheating. I had my pump rebuilt lately by Suncore of FL, and had to buy new shocks ($300. each, not GM) to make their warranty good.

DanielKnew is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade ESV

ive gone over this thread and i couldnt find if anyone has uploaded a wire diagram for the plug on the compressor pump, i have a pump from an 2008 but the plugs are different from my 2003 and was thinking about hardwire the plugs right at the pump?

if someone has answered this sorry to repeat it but any help would be great!

sk7

I think I did post the wiring for our model generation, I should have the newer version in the FSM. Will post in the next 24hrs!

also, someone has cut the little clear hoses, i think i would be correct if i said they go from the pump to the shocks some how?
    Im not to sure how many of those hoses there were to begin with or where they pluged into on the pump?
    Again im not sure if someone posted a diagram or picture but i could sure use one

Enfuego74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

IMG00078-20110622-1124.jpg

This is what the male end of my plug looks like. The corroded and eaten pin(middle right) is for the orange/red wire. I am assuming it is the positive. Which would explain why my compressor is not getting power. I contacted the dealer for the part and they told me that the housing is the only part they sell. Anyone know of an aftermarket replacement, OEM replacement, somewhere I can get it fixed or another made? Sorry for the poor Pic. I have a crappy camera phone.

from the picture you just uploaded how would i test my compressor from that plug, is there a diagram for the wires on that plug?

could you take a picture of the little clear hoses on the pump, mine were cut off and im not to sure where they plug back in exactly.

Enfuego74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

The pictue I up loaded is the male end. The wire that go to it come from the relay and the SCM(I think). I havent gotten iinto the SCM yet. I dont know exactly where the hose goes. Mine disappears into the wire bundle. It hooks up to the compressor with a metal clip and a 90 deg plastic fitting. I will try to take a better picture when I get home with a real camera.

sk7

2008 Escalade Compressor Plug:

ALC08 (Small).png

Connector Part Information
    OEM: 15326654
    Service: 88986254
    Description: 8-Way F Metri-Pack 280 Series, Sealed (BK)

Terminal Part Information
    Terminal/Tray: See Terminal Repair Kit
    Core/Insulation Crimp: See Terminal Repair Kit
    Release Tool/Test Probe: See Terminal Repair Kit

Automatic Level Control (ALC) Compressor (Z55) Pin
    Wire
    Circuit
    Function

A
    0.5 TN
    Automatic Level Control Pressure Sensor Signal

B
    2 RD/WH
    Battery Positive Voltage

C
    0.5 WH
    Automatic Level Control Exhaust Solenoid Control

D
    --
    --
    Not Used

E
    3 L-BU
    Automatic Level Control Air Compressor Control

F
    0.5 BN
    Low Reference

G
    3 BK
    Ground

H
    0.5 GY
    5-Volt Reference

Our Generation Compressor plug:

ALC04 (Small).png

Connector Part Information

• 7-Way F Metri-Pack 280 Series (BLK)

Pin
    Wire Color
    Circuit No.
    Function

A
    LT BLU
    Damping Relay Coil Control

B
    DK BLU
    Exhaust Solenoid Control

C
    BLK
    Low Reference

D
    TAN
    Pressure Sensor Signal

E
    GRY
    5-Volt Reference

F
    ORN
    Battery Positive Voltage

G
    BLK
    Ground

ok when i wired them together nothing happened.
    how would i test the pump to see if its working with a power supply or charger

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.