Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Good thinking! If you are jumping the two correct wires (2 bigger ones), the compressor motor is short to ground ...
    sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

Good thinking! If you are jumping the two correct wires (2 bigger ones), the compressor motor is short to ground or the assembly is jammed. You will need to remove the compressor assembly to further investigate.

xidino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Inspected the comp yesterday morning, the three tork bolt were loose, and the compressor is movable up and down.It must be when it was still running shaking a lot. Not remove it yet. As still had no time for now.

Removed the compressor today;
    -Direct jump with 12v, comp. wont run.
    -Disassemble the unit, the magnetic rotor chamber is filled with water, and rust.
    It must be from the carwash when it was jack up wash.

-No is going to cleaned it.
    -------------------------------------------

-The bearing seems to little bit loose.

SK7 might you have some suggestion, or analyse what could be the prognosa of the comp.What prt might be need to pay more attention.

Here is the image before cleaning.
    Attached Images

sk7

Ur best bet would be to replace the assembly with an Arnotts'. But I would still try to revive this one (I'm cheap...)! If you can make the motor run again make sure to take a look at the exhaust solenoid. Corrosion must have severed the 2 wires in there. Using jumpers, test solenoid operation while the assembly is still off the truck via the round connector. If motor and solenoid are functionning, ur good to go!

Hurray,
    Compressor is alive.
    Now what...
    Do i have to replace the drier?
    The o ring for drier is broken.

What is the sensor attached to the drier for?
    And what is the one attached to the compressor cilynder for?

sk7

Pm'd ya. Sensor on the dyer is a pressure reference, but the one you need to worry about now is the solenoid exhaust, at the compressor cylinder.

conardh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 escalade

This is a great thread with a wealth of knowledge. My compressor quit running upon start up of the truck, I could jumper the relay contacts and the compressor would run. I removed the compressor and found the exhaust solenoid coil open. I believe the computer looks at the condition of that coil to give the compressor a start, since most every compressor likes to start unloaded when possible. A new one came from Arnotts the next day. I removed the old connector and bracket and mounted it to the new compressor. Spliced the 4 wires color for color. Arnotts also sends the rebuild kit for the dryer (step by step with pictures...god I love pictures) Rebuilt the dryer (old one had moisture and the guts were end of life) and reinstalled the unit. Started the truck and found the new unit was much less noisy than the old. ( Thanks to an enhanced design of the rubber mounts) Air ride works with no alarm. Great to see quality being built in the US. I'm glad this thread was here, I studied it a lot before spending about 200 for a new compressor........Thanks Guys

sk7

Quote Originally Posted by conardh View Post
    This is a great thread with a wealth of knowledge. My compressor quit running upon start up of the truck, I could jumper the relay contacts and the compressor would run. I removed the compressor and found the exhaust solenoid coil open. I believe the computer looks at the condition of that coil to give the compressor a start, since most every compressor likes to start unloaded when possible. A new one came from Arnotts the next day. I removed the old connector and bracket and mounted it to the new compressor. Spliced the 4 wires color for color. Arnotts also sends the rebuild kit for the dryer (step by step with pictures...god I love pictures) Rebuilt the dryer (old one had moisture and the guts were end of life) and reinstalled the unit. Started the truck and found the new unit was much less noisy than the old. ( Thanks to an enhanced design of the rubber mounts) Air ride works with no alarm. Great to see quality being built in the US. I'm glad this thread was here, I studied it a lot before spending about 200 for a new compressor........Thanks Guys
    Thanxs for the update! You are correct about the function of the exhaust solenoid. I should have a look at the dryer on mine. I fixed the solenoid but didnt pay attention to that. I would not hesitate on an Arnott unit if catastrophic failure happens!

fitz13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

ok, another new member of the forum here after spending much time readung through everyone's problems - and congrats to those who have found solutions to there's...I am still, as well as my dealer, dumb founded with my issue. My compressor was tested and works. Shocks and lines have no leaks. Truck turns on, within 30 sec compressor kicks on, rear lifts...i attach our trailer and rear end never auto levels out...ugh! Any thoughts?

whosurpopi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just wanted to thank you guys. My 04 ext had the src message for the last month. Last night I found this link, and today I took the compressor off, and found the broken wire under the blue tape. Put it all back together and it works great.

sk7

Great job thanxs for posting!

nohopeboyz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to make the SAR light shut off?? I just replaced the rear shocks with gas shocks due to EVERYTHING being bad and if I unplug the fuse under the hood the SSS light appears. Is there anything that can be unplugged or a resister in place of the unplugged shock plug?? thanks

whosurpopi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

If anybody has an exhaust solenoid coil that they are not going to use, I would like to have it so I can look into producing them so escalade owners dont have to replace the whole compressor in the future.

sk7

Quote Originally Posted by nohopeboyz View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to make the SAR light shut off?? I just replaced the rear shocks with gas shocks due to EVERYTHING being bad and if I unplug the fuse under the hood the SSS light appears. Is there anything that can be unplugged or a resister in place of the unplugged shock plug?? thanks
    You probably removed the big Stud1 fuse? Its also powers the EBCM. The smaller one labeled ALC needs to be removed to disable the warning message.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.