Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by sk7 At the relay socket, once the relay is removed, use a small lenght of 10GA wire ...
    erod03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

Quote Originally Posted by sk7 View Post
    At the relay socket, once the relay is removed, use a small lenght of 10GA wire to jump the 2 bigger wires together. If you got 12V power at the relay (with ignition off) means stud one fuse is good. If nothing happens check at the harness to the compressor for 12V power and also that ground is ok.
    well the compressor turned on with the truck off..would that mean relay is bad? i checked the relay socket (red wire) and get power. idk what else to check

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

To check the relay, apply ground to the small blue wire while the ignition is on. If that works your exhaust solenoid on the compressor is probably faulty.

To check the relay, apply ground to the small blue wire while the ignition is on. If that works your exhaust solenoid on the compressor is probably faulty.
    if the exhaust solenoid is out would that mean i need a new compressor or can i just buy the solenoid? thanks

sk7

You cannot purchase solenoid separately. It's a pretty easy fix if you have basic handbooks and soldering iron. Moisture inside the unit causes the wires to fail. I posted pics previously. If u already have or can borrow the tools it's a free fix! Go for it. Worse case scenario u will have to get a replacement from Arnotts. By then u will know how to remove the unit so u can reinstall yourself.

You cannot purchase solenoid separately. It's a pretty easy fix if you have basic handbooks and soldering iron. Moisture inside the unit causes the wires to fail. I posted pics previously. If u already have or can borrow the tools it's a free fix! Go for it. Worse case scenario u will have to get a replacement from Arnotts. By then u will know how to remove the unit so u can reinstall yourself.
    well i threw the white towel in. the solenoid i think is faulty. i did what you posted and tried removing the cover around the coil but dang that mug is welded together. im just going to order a new compressor. would it be okay to drive the truck without the compressor on it.

sk7

I drove mine for a few weeks with a bad compressor and thrashed rear shocks. Didn't really notice it but the ride and handling sure improved once all was working!

2caddy23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

This is one of the best write up's.It solved my problem very quickly.THANK YOU

I drove mine for a few weeks with a bad compressor and thrashed rear shocks. Didn't really notice it but the ride and handling sure improved once all was working!
    thanks for the help...i fixed the proplem but how can you tell if theirs a leak in the shocks? i sprayed some water mixed with soap on the shocks to see if it would leak but didnt see anything what another sign i can use. thanks

sk7

I think you are all set! A minor leak won't cause the SRC light to come on, unless the compressor runs for a set lenght of time (2 minutes I think) with no change in the ride height.

spankeyis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I give up...I have replaced the air pump, jumped the relay (it works) and replaced the SCM and I still cannot get the compressor to kick on or clear the SRC error. I checked the air lines for free flow of air and they are good. Dealer first said it was the air pump (so I replaced with ARNOTT pump) and then said it was the SCM so I replaced that (online - guaranteed) and still the compressor will not kick on without jumping it at the relay. What am I missing? Pressure switch? I am stumped.

CaddyEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I am also in the same boat. I have replaced the compressor with a new Arnott today still nothing. If I jump the relay it will come on so I installed a bypass switch at the relay to manually activate the compressor, but I still want it working right. It was working on its own the odd time, now it has stopped. My wife said the service ride control message came on once, but I have not seen it since. Come on, I have read this thread from the start, and I am almost ready to give up. HELP!

I know. I would read through the posts and then try whatever I read. Nothing. I am going to test the pressure switch today. I am almost convinced that is the issue. Wouldnt the pressure switch prevent the compressor from kicking on if it is faulty? My dryer was in really bad comdition when I replaced the compressor. I cleaned it up with the rebuild kit but didnt replace the ps as I bought the Arnott and not the stealer compressor.

sk7

A faulty pressure switch or faulty level sensors will prevent the compressor from activating. Did you have your replacement SCM module programmed to your truck with a Tech2 scanner? If that module is brand new, it needs to be programmed (according to the FSM). If I were you I would put back the OEM SCM module there. Check the 5V reference at the SCM for the pressure sensor and the level sensors, with key on, then activate the compressor manually till the back end raises a bit and compare readings. Any difference? Another test is to check if you get negative trigger from the SCM at the underhood relay. Could be as simple as a bad relay. Post back results. Good luck!

For clarification, What is the 5v reference? also, the SCM was used but guaranteed to work. It came out of a caddy but same PN as mine. Would I have to reprogram? I have had it to 2 dealers. One said air pump, After I replaced that, Second dealer said SCM. Now here I am and still not working. I hesitate to go to the dealer a third time

sk7

Most of the sensors associated with the SCM work on a 5 volts reference at the module. I recall they do not vary much... I still got dozen of pages of notes when I troubleshooted my system last year. You will need to identify the inputs according to the diagrams posted elsewhere on this thread. Once again I would start with the original SCM module. Replacing it didnt solve your problem. Post those before and after data for the level indicator + pressure switch and we can take it from there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.