Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Had a look at the Arnott website, only models listed (arnott-bilstein) are the ones without the solenoid control. They do ...
    sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

Had a look at the Arnott website, only models listed (arnott-bilstein) are the ones without the solenoid control. They do come with the bypass to plug into the harness.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...77_gid503.html

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Maybe they changed it so that you can just plug it straight into the factory harness? That would've been good in August when I bought them! Its actually a 2 wire harness, not 3. I had to splice mine in. Can you post a pic of the shocks you got?

pearl04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade

When I purchased my shocks from Arnott they still had available the factory replacement style shocks....They say Delphi on them and look exactly like the factory shocks I replaced. The replacement shocks from Arnott have the plug on the top of the shock that allows you to plug in the factory harness without any splicing. Since then, they have taken those off there website and now they only offer the Bilstein.

O ok so you have OEM GM shocks. Those are right from the dealer (Arnott must have bought all of GM's overstock shocks a few years ago). They are NOT Bilstein or Arnott shocks. I noticed they want a core charge of $50 for their bilsteins so maybe they are going to start rebuilding them? I guess they ran out of the OEM shocks.

sk7

Oem shocks it is! There's only one area that can cause the SCM to fail and give an error message, and that would be the 5V reference to the shocks solenoid. That's an easy check at the SCM. Once you have read the values for both sides (with ignition on), you can repeat the test with the shocks you took off (if you still have em) and compare. Keep us posted.

auberypn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext 2003

i had my diagnostic done,and the dealership informed me it was the seal for the alc between the dryer and compressor that were missing! no more src, but the delphi from arnott already has a built in solenoid, the ones they removed from their website,but if anyone gets the problem,once u take it to the dealers they will want ot fix it. THE BEST SHOT IS TO INSTALL THE SHOCKS YOURSELF(EASY),AND IF SRC REMAINS,then take it to the dealer have a diagnostic done,then u can take it from there. Suncore industries .com have shocks for $299.for one,not bad

pearl04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade

I took it by the dealer this morning and they scanned it for free. They said they just had to reset something with the scanner. Drove home with no src message. Hopefully it doesn't come back on.

auberypn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext 2003

all of us are not lucky, i had to pay $160. dollars, and now i have engine light on

Rage is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade Sandstone

Thanks everyone for the amazingly informative thread...

Okay, I have replaced the compressor(Arnott), rear shocks to Billstiens, and front shocks (OEM). The "SRC" message dissapeared but I still feel that air is not being pumped into the rear shocks. I have checked the lines for any cracks for leaks and found none. At first start I do hear the compressor coming on for a few seconds but it doesn't seem to lift or fill the rear. I do faintly hear a hissing sound like an air leak but cant seem to locate it. My guess would be the dryer since that was the only item that was not replaced. Could the dryer leak air and not fill the shocks? Is it possible that the dryer caused damaged to the compressor in the first place? Where else could the leak be coming from?

I am going to see if I can get the dryer here locally since the shipping is as much as the item...

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

sk7

Maybe there's something blocking the airlines to the shocks? You can unplug them both and bypass the relay to see if any air does get to the shocks. The pressure sensor is on the compressor. If the system does come on automatically that's a good sign. Compressor run time is about 10-12 seconds in my case (more like 20-25 if all the family is inside with the mother in law...) upon first morning startup. I was under the impression the dryer is part of the compressor assembly? If you get no SRC code something is telling the compressor the height is ok. Can't remember if the pressure switch or the level switch has priority. Keep us posted!

Rage is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '03 Escalade Sandstone

Quote Originally Posted by sk7 View Post
    Maybe there's something blocking the airlines to the shocks? You can unplug them both and bypass the relay to see if any air does get to the shocks. The pressure sensor is on the compressor. If the system does come on automatically that's a good sign. Compressor run time is about 10-12 seconds in my case (more like 20-25 if all the family is inside with the mother in law...) upon first morning startup. I was under the impression the dryer is part of the compressor assembly? If you get no SRC code something is telling the compressor the height is ok. Can't remember if the pressure switch or the level switch has priority. Keep us posted!
    SK7,

Update... Finally, I just replaced the Dryer and no hissing sound/ leaking air!!! Airshocks work great. Thanks again for this thread and your help

sk7

Thanxs for the update. Glad to know its working!

hybridpower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Hi Guys, Maybe you can help me get started. I have a 2002, and the air compressor doesn't come on at all, but I don't have any warning lights? I have power at the "air" fuse, and also at one wire in the relay (though not at either of the red wires with the key on). I verified this with a test light. I did not jump power to either red wire, as I was not sure which was which and did not want to damage anything.

Any ideas where to start?

Take the compressor down and hook up 12v to it..... if it doesn't power on, its the compressor that shot. If the fuse and relay get power, chances are its trying to turn the compressor on.

hybridpower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Thanks. I'll try that. I'm also going to try to jump the red wires better to see if I can get it to kick on without pulling it down.

Does the 2002 need to be out of park to come on?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.