Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by pearl04 My escalade had a C0660 body code from the service ride message (Exhaust Soleniod). Replaced my ...
    luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

Quote Originally Posted by pearl04 View Post
    My escalade had a C0660 body code from the service ride message (Exhaust Soleniod). Replaced my compressor with one from Arnott, it is considerably quieter than factory. If you use "74V4-W7D" as your coupon code on Arnott's website it will give you 10% your order.
    DAMMMMMMMMIT I bought 2 front shocks 2 rear shocks and a compressor from them! That's about $100 I could have saved.... SHIT

auberypn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext 2003

thanks guys,i replace the compressor (arnott) it works great, but service ride control still appears,iguessed i will have to disconect the scm and see if i get i different reading.You guys are indeed the true tecnichan,without these tread people will have to spend o lots of $$$$$$ to get things fixed. I appreciate sincere! thanks once again

Sorry sk7 my computer was giving me some problem so i was unable to respond ,but like i said i changed the compressor ,and is now checking at the sensors. Thanks ! and these post are so long that i do gorget which page i am on,is hard to keep up.THANKS.

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

No prob! How long does the compressor run for when truck is first started in the morning? Does it come on randomly afterwards while u drive? When exactly does the SRC message appear? Always the same pattern? Checking the 5V reference for the 2 rear level indicators and pressure sensor would be a good place to start.

After a few coooold ones I do become a good technician lol! Problem is no one else shares my opinion at that point... I believe was are a bunch of handy DIY guys who won't put up with paying high $$$ to have someone service our trucks. Strenght in numbers, this site should be sponsored by cadillac!

WOW! i think pay will be negotiated. I dont know where to check for the position sensor or the pressure sensor,i spend sometime today looking to see if i can come up with something to have the src light disappear,but like its a good relationship until it gone bad. Could u tell mewhere those sensors are located. I WAS THINKING TO TAKE IT TO A DIAGNOTIC CENTER TOMOROW! PAY ABOUT 40 BUCKS,and see if tey come up with something. if the response is early ,i will check in before going.i appreciate sk7. thanks. Remember i now have the arnott (works great)shortly after turning on the ignit, the light appear

sk7

There's only 3 possible codes for the auto leveling suspension. I pretty sure I posted the diagram for the plug at the SCM, I think its under the rear seat in the EXT. I would try and save my $$$ for a diagnostic readout as much as possible (yes I'm cheap!). Did you connect that bypass for the sensors that came with ur shocks? If you didnt then the 5V reference is no longer there and you will get an error message from the SCM. There's a solenoid in the OEM shocks that is controlled by the SCM that vary the damping according to road conditions (readout on speed, yaw sensor, steering input, and level sensors). This device is not in the Arnotts replacement shocks, so you need to fool the SCM into thinking that all is well with the solenoid.

Being in the natural world is good,but things are sometimes complicated and need further knowledge,but i am intent to learn. My arnott shocks cost 479 bucks,compressor 179,plus shipping did it all by myself,compare to the dealer i am still way ahead,so tomorow i am going to attemp your solution,hopefully is the same thing we are talking about.! I discover the scm but dont have a clue in electronics,or wireing,but would appreciate any idea,to get me off that message, i will have to know how the system works so i can apply the very priciple u have outlined!. Should i start with the wire from the relay (disconected) and take it direct to the scm with wire unplug,agood way to start for me,then i will procede. I WANT TO BE OFF COURSE FOR AWHIL,I GOT SOME SYNTEC MOTOR OIL FOR FREE AND CHANGED MINE TODAY DO U KNOW HOW TO RESET THE PERCENTAGE OF THE OIL FOR READING 100%.THANKS!. And dont forget cheapnis comes from within.

sk7

The reset for the oil is done with the key on and pressing the gaz pedal to the floor so many times in less than 5 seconds. At least that's how it is on my 02, could be different on the 03 and up. Owners manual should point that out.

You will need a digital multimeter to read 5V reference at the scm. But maybe you won't need to. So you got a new compressor and new shocks in the back installed, and the compressor still doesnt work automatically and you get a SRC message? The compressor has never worked since the install?

Its a good thing to try and work things out by yourself. With a few basic tools, a bit of help from this forum, and patience, you'll figure it out! And it's rewarding to know how the system works for future breakdowns...

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

On the 03+ use the steering wheel controls to get the oil % to show. With the % showing, press and hold the "enter" or arrow looking button for about 5 seconds (until it resets to 100%).

You guys are terriffic,i will attemp it again today if giving the oppertunity to do so,but i will keep u posted of the outcome,i think something is going to work out,determency would be challenge,so gold completed.Thanks once again. You wouldnt beleived something i am in a mechanic shop (body work) and the guys like me dont have a clue.

Thanks for the help with the oil %,thats fine,i will try and see about the src this weekend GM wanted $98.00 to $144.00 to do the diagnostic,but money is hard to find. I keep u posted. Thanks!

Back once again! i think i will have to get a diagnostic done,my src was on for to a longggggggggg time, and i remember i was told by strutmaster that it would affect the front eventualy, mine looks a bit shady,and would have to make a decision wether to pay gm price or to just get a pair of front,and hope it diss,.appear. oil reset was a success.Thanks

pearl04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by sk7 View Post
    There's only 3 possible codes for the auto leveling suspension. I pretty sure I posted the diagram for the plug at the SCM, I think its under the rear seat in the EXT. I would try and save my $$$ for a diagnostic readout as much as possible (yes I'm cheap!). Did you connect that bypass for the sensors that came with ur shocks? If you didnt then the 5V reference is no longer there and you will get an error message from the SCM. There's a solenoid in the OEM shocks that is controlled by the SCM that vary the damping according to road conditions (readout on speed, yaw sensor, steering input, and level sensors). This device is not in the Arnotts replacement shocks, so you need to fool the SCM into thinking that all is well with the solenoid.
    Originally had C0660 code...Replaced compressor with one from Arnott, everything went well, no service ride control, etc....Noticed the rear shocks were leaking pretty bad so I ordered a set from Arnott, installed 2 nights ago and now I'm getting a service ride control message again....The shocks I received from Arnott did not have any type of "bypass" for my shocks????

sk7

Is there a spot on the Arnotts to plug in the wire for the solenoid control? Its a 3 wire plug.

pearl04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade

yes the factory plug, plugs into the Arnott shock

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.