Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; It should be there. On your EXT lift the right rear seat and youll see a tan box, thats the ...
    luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Re: Answer the 1Million Question: Where is the air ride control relay located?

It should be there. On your EXT lift the right rear seat and youll see a tan box, thats the SCM if your looking for it. Open up the plastic and its snug inside there.

( I also have a 2003 EXT )

03Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey guys.. thanks to those who have been helpful on this thread. I believe my problem is the compressor is no good. 12V across it and nothing. I live in Massachusetts and they drop ALOT of salt in the winter on the roads. It's all corroded and probably got wet and blew. Ordered a new one off ebay for $180. Hopefully thats all I need to replace..
    Attached Images

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Yeah thats corroded allright! You might wanna remove the bracket and compressor assembly as one, so you can get to work on those small tork bolts on the workbench. They break easy! There's 3 13mm bolts to unscrew from inside the frame rail. No need to remove them all, just loosen and slide out the complete assembly. I was able to remove the tork bolts by heating them up a little and screwing them a little bit so they would move, add ur favorite rust remover, and easy does it.

WSLN 6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well my fix lasted about 2 weeks or so and the same thing happened. Wire corroded from moisture and broke in 2 spots on the solenoid. Resoldered again and added a bunch of dielectric grease to prevent the problem again. Here's to hoping!

sk7

Mine still working good! I did redo the 2 wires for the solenoid and added silicone to keep water outta there. I dunno how long it will last thru winter... I put antiseize on all the bolts (always do) so it will be a piece of cake to get to the solenoid next time around.

03Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by sk7 View Post
    Yeah thats corroded allright! You might wanna remove the bracket and compressor assembly as one, so you can get to work on those small tork bolts on the workbench. They break easy! There's 3 13mm bolts to unscrew from inside the frame rail. No need to remove them all, just loosen and slide out the complete assembly. I was able to remove the tork bolts by heating them up a little and screwing them a little bit so they would move, add ur favorite rust remover, and easy does it.
    DONE! As I suspected the motor was the only issue I had. The new one is in and it works perfect. Not as loud as the factory one which is a good thing I guess. The 3 tork bolts did not come out easy at all.. I had to cut 2 of the heads off and drill one out, but with some new hardware I'm good to go. The replacement pump I bought came with the 3 rubber pieces so hopefully it wont crap out again. Next up I need to figure out why the Air Bag light is on.. it turned on outa the blue the other day. Hopefully nothing major.

sk7

Great news! I did notice a few members here saying the replacement compressors are a lot quieter... I know all the rubber bushings were shot on mine. You might want to check krazykeith post about airbag issue, it was one of the sensors in the front bumper.

auberypn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext 2003

NEED HELP! My compressor is working, i replace my shocks with Arnott replacement,but still seems to have the service ride control light on the dashboard,what you guys think is still the problem,should i replace the bcm,or what is the soleniod on the compressor,because i know the air is comming out from it, and is there any current that goes to the shocks that could be tested by a tester, i am just confused and really need some help on this one,and would appreciate any help! thanks work shops sometimes gives u a wrong diagnosis,that happen to me,before i found this site.Thanks once again

auberypn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext 2003

and i forgot what are the height sensor,and where is it located.

How do you know the compressor is working? Did you hardwire 12 volts to it? or is it turning on on its own?

snatchman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts, escalade

WOW! There is not to many forum threads I have read completly thru, but this one was very informative. I am having the exact same problem as most of you with my 03 EXT. I guess it's time to break out the 13mm wrench and get to work. I will keep you posted.

sk7

I admit its a bit of a looong thread to read. I will eventually re-write a how to on the air ride issues. Auberypn, if you compressor automatically comes on when you first drive off in the morning, that's a good sign! The exhaust solenoid is working properly. Other issue could be the pressure sensor, or the position sensors. If either one doesn't increase after a set run time of the compressor, system will shut down and service ride control comes on. Isn't there a bypass for the sensors (ride control solenoid) to install on the oem harness that comes with your arnott shocks?

dstinson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think this is the longest thread ever... I have an 03 with the Arnott shocks as well, it does come with a module that you need to take the 2 wires from the shocks (and I hate to say) cut them and then splice them in the module (black box thing the shocks come with). I too still have the service ride message, but I have a manual switch in the truck that I use to put air in the shocks. I think I need to look at the dryer next, but since I can manually put air in them I have been waiting to see if anyone else had the same issue as me before I go exploring again. I have always been a bit fuzzy on the height sensors as some people have them bent and others do not and it doesnt seem to be one common way of doing things to make it properly function(I have 3 sets of rods all diff lengths now). good luck!

99% of these problems you guys have are going to be that little solenoid in the compressor. Seems like a VERY common problem. Arnott sells a compressor for $179 shipped on eBay that took care of my problem. Comes with a 1 year warranty and runs about 50% quieter than the stock compressor. You can barely hear it.

pearl04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade

My escalade had a C0660 body code from the service ride message (Exhaust Soleniod). Replaced my compressor with one from Arnott, it is considerably quieter than factory. If you use "74V4-W7D" as your coupon code on Arnott's website it will give you 10% your order.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.