Headlight Question?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Headlight Question? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2002 Escalade and pressing the dome override button does not work for switching off the headlamps and ...
    mskittrell05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Headlight Question?

I have a 2002 Escalade and pressing the dome override button does not work for switching off the headlamps and DRL's..Anyone else out there not able to turn off their headlamps and DRLS with pressing the button...I was just wondering if there is something wrong with my lade??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Headlight Question?

i have an '02 and i haven't tried the dome override yet (not too concerned about DRLs) but it says in the owner's manual that it will work, so if it won't, i'd say there is something wrong.

do you have any modifications, like new HU?? someone said they had an aftermarket HU and theirs didn't work either.

Yeah i have an Aftermarket HU..i dont know if that has anyhting to do with it...Can you turn off ur Headlamps at night without engaging the parking break?

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i haven't tried it yet. i personally didn't really care. i use to have a blazer with the same setup and was use to DRLs and auto headlights. i personally like them. less for me to worry about i'll give it a try and let you know if mine works.

i think the HU might tie into that. from what i've been gather the whole damn car runs through the HU. kind of a pain because it makes me reluctant to replace it, but i don't like the stock one.

You can buy adapters i know for the onstar, steering wheel controls and bose system..It all adds up to a pricy cost..Any1 else out there have a 2002 Escalade with an AFtermarket headunit and can automatically turn off the headlights

invincible569 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My father had that problem in his 04. For some reason it would save with the computer savings (option driver 1 - 2). You should try and save your settings with your computer by holding down 1.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.