Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Forced induction and MAF Meter

972 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  hcvone 
#1 ·
I am thinking about getting the Volant cold air kit, and it seems that they offer a ram air/under valance scoop for the Silverados. Does this part fit the Escalades too? Has anyone installed the Volant kit with a scoop on their Escalade?

Also, what does everyone know about the stock MAF meter in our cars? What is the size of the OEM meter? Has anyone upgraded to the Pro-M or any other larger MAF meter? What are ome good ones? Is this mod worth it.

#2 ·
I have spent hours on dyno's with my Z06's trying every MAF sensor you can name, I have seen these aftermarket MAF's lose more hp than they gain, tuners like Mallett, Lingenfelter and other all use the stock MAF's, the reason is that the stock ones read faster and are more accurate in what they read. I have a Volant but without the scoop (it was not out when I got my Volant) and I am very pleased and will put another on my 05' when I get it late summer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.