24" wheel owner Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 24" wheel owner Question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Are 24s ok for alot of stop and go driving ,How carefull about bending are you??...Was in the market for ...
    Rynz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

24" wheel owner Question

Are 24s ok for alot of stop and go driving ,How carefull about bending are you??...Was in the market for 24s, but might be going with 22s ,not sure pending answers going on 04 AWD ....Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jahngga is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 24" wheel owner Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rynz
    Are 24s ok for alot of stop and go driving ,How carefull about bending are you??...Was in the market for 24s, but might be going with 22s ,not sure pending answers going on 04 AWD ....Thanx
    How are bad are the road conditions in your area? Forged / 3 piece wheels are stronger than cast wheels in terms of rim durability. They're also lighter in weight which adds less stress to the brakes. IMO, 24's and up looks perfect, but if you got bumpy roads along with lots of potholes, you'd might wanna play it safe with 22's. I have 24's with a 2/3 drop and it looks tight, but it definetely doesn't drive as soft/smooth as stock (I miss that feeling:rolleyes2 ). Good luck!

brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was in the market for 24's too, but the shop talked me into 22's bc of the road conditions around here. It definitely depends where you live. I even feel a difference with 22's, i couldn't even imagine what its like with 24's. I miss the stock feeling too...

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have a lot of wax customers that when they ride in my truck (stock size tires) and tell me that they miss the stock ride over their larger tire ride, but the larger tires are sure good looking.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

that's what keeps holding me back from new wheels. i don't want to lose the luxury ride.

I miss it, until i look at my truck, or look at a stock one parked next to mine

i found the stock chrome wheels and tires really really cheap and was considering that. i'll probably end up with 22s, but i don't know yet.

You can lose with 22's but in addition, consider lowering it to eliminate that ugly wheel gap. I see some driving around & it looks so silly. It'll get stiffer but you gotta sacrifice something at some point to achieve the look you want, agree?

no....actually i don't agree with that. i don't think you have to give up something just to look good. you just have to be patient and do it right.

what does lowering it do to the automatic load leveling and stabilitrac??

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    no....actually i don't agree with that. i don't think you have to give up something just to look good. you just have to be patient and do it right.

what does lowering it do to the automatic load leveling and stabilitrac??
    So you could live with the wheel gap than right? I don't think "patience" has any relevance to this topic. You could definetely put 22's and not touch the suspension at all, but basically its either: a) live with the wheel gap or b) lower it and give it the complete look, in addition, getting a stiffer ride. Sorry, I just can't deal with huge wheel gaps so I had to lower mine's. From what I understand, lowering doesn't affect the load leveling or stabilitrac...

if you're patient you can find both good ride and good look. you can't just go out and buy the first thing you see to lower it or chances are you won't be getting something that can do both.

you could get the air bags that don't affect the suspension tension. they move the entire spring so you always have the same spring tension no matter the height of the truck.

I, for one am totally against lowering a truck by any means. I have had cars in the past and lowered them, which is fine. I can definitely live with the big gap, i mean its a big truck and I think it looks good, almost looks raised. You lower cars, raise trucks. Everyone has their own opinions, and mine is Don't lower your AWD monster truck!!!! (even if you dont use it offroad)

that's the way i'm leaning. the wheel gap isn't that bad if you go with a larger wheel and more than a rubber band around them. i've already had a lowered car that was so low they couldn't get it on a lift without jacking it up first, and i don't want that now. i'd rather have a nice riding truck that looks good, than a stiff riding truck that looks marginally (if any) better.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    that's the way i'm leaning. the wheel gap isn't that bad if you go with a larger wheel and more than a rubber band around them. i've already had a lowered car that was so low they couldn't get it on a lift without jacking it up first, and i don't want that now. i'd rather have a nice riding truck that looks good, than a stiff riding truck that looks marginally (if any) better.
    Ha Ha, trust me Tdogg, it looks damn good with 24's with minimal wheel gap. Yeah, it's stiffer, but I can live with that. It's not my everyday car anyways so I really didn't mind. Bottom line is, no one here is wrong. It's just a matter of preference on how you want to modify your ride. We each have our own opinions on how we want to modifiy our cars and that's the beauty of it, you know?! So, I suppose you're planning to put 22's with airbags then?? I'm sure it would ride a whole lot softer than lowering springs but as for me, I didn't want to go crazy with the suspension mods.

i doubt i'll go with any suspension mods. this is my everyday car, not the one i want to really modify. i just want to make it look good for cruising, but still keep it classy if i have to go somewhere nice to dinner or something. i'm thinking either the 20s from the platinum ESV or a set of 22s. i still want some sidewall with my tires, so i'll have about the same wheel gap as stock.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.