24" wheel owner Question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, 24" wheel owner Question in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Put some 22's on and your truck will look classy.I have 22's and wouldn't think of lowering my truck. I ...
    WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 24" wheel owner Question

Put some 22's on and your truck will look classy.I have 22's and wouldn't think of lowering my truck. I have been all through the tri-state and have yet to see someone lower their Escalade. Not a common thing around here.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

i think lowering my truck would bring more 'problems' than benefits from looks. my number one goal is to keep the stock feel. or at least close to it. i've already had a car i went with looks and performance over drivablitly and i regreted it big time. it flew and it looked good, but was a pain to drive anywhere (other than cruising around or short trips)

brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Its definitely not worth ruining such a nice ride....I i was in it just for looks alone, I would have an H2.

if i didn't need a truck to get to work and around in the winter i'd have bought a cts-v or a vette. and since i needed to buy a truck, i bought the best truck and i don't want to ruin it. even 22s scare me a little bit.

WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was where you were when I started thinking about wheels but with 22's I don't see much of a difference. As a matter of fact I was shocked to see how smooth the ride felt. In all honesty I can't even tell the difference between the stocks 17's and the 22's. And I am on 305/40/22.

well that's comforting. the wheels i'm looking at come with 285/45/22. so that should be the way i want to go. but the platinum wheels do look cool and it'd be cool to have cadillac wheels. i might be able to live with 20s, but i'm guessing the price is close to or more than the 22s.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

MC2ning has a wheel that is very close to the platinum edition wheel. Slight difference in center caps. it is P101.

larry_chip is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question Re: 24" wheel owner Question

When You Guys Lowered Your Trucks with 24" Wheels Did they rub Worse then they did befor the drop? (i have 305/35/24's on mine)

Because i've got 24's on my EXT now & They rub a little but not bad at all, but i'm scared that it will rub alot worse after the 2/3 Drop? Some people say it will & Some say it won't? i can't get a Right Answer From Anyone! I Asked All The Biggest Wheel Shops in Jersey & They Said it will rub really bad, I Asked GroundForce & They Just Didnt Have an answer, & Some guys on here told me they rub the same as they did before the drop.

I Very Confused About This?,

jahngga is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by larry_chip
    When You Guys Lowered Your Trucks with 24" Wheels Did they rub Worse then they did befor the drop? (i have 305/35/24's on mine)

Because i've got 24's on my EXT now & They rub a little but not bad at all, but i'm scared that it will rub alot worse after the 2/3 Drop? Some people say it will & Some say it won't? i can't get a Right Answer From Anyone! I Asked All The Biggest Wheel Shops in Jersey & They Said it will rub really bad, I Asked GroundForce & They Just Didnt Have an answer, & Some guys on here told me they rub the same as they did before the drop.

I Very Confused About This?,
    You got's to lower it man! The rubbing is very minimal. It rubs when you make a hard left. Just have them trim the inner plastic moldings and push/mount the water bottle further up front. The bottle is located in front of the driver's side tire. I did this procedure and the rubbing is very minimal. When it rubs, the edge of the tire is simply rubbing the inner plastic molding, no harm there (just the noise that's irritating). Hope this helps...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.