Nitto vs Toyo Proxy ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Nitto vs Toyo Proxy ??? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok I need opinions I want to get me 22's on my truck asap but the wheel shop in my ...
    02BlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nitto vs Toyo Proxy ???

Ok I need opinions I want to get me 22's on my truck asap but the wheel shop in my area that stocks 22's only has Nitto in stock. I was looking at the toyo proxy st which seems to be a good tire. However the guy at the shop says the nittos are just as good and he has better luck with them. I'm not sure if he is just saying this b/c thats what he has in stock. He gave me a price of 1,200 for all four installed. What do you guys think? Nitto or wait for toyo?? Or if your near me in pa with a better deal drop me a line.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: Nitto vs Toyo Proxy ???

i heard toyo has a soft sidewall, so if that's true, i'd be careful with them.

clickart is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think Toyo cost a little bit more than Nitto. I heard many good things about Toyo tires. But both tires are good and you can't go wrong with either one

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I know several people with Nitto's on their trucks and they are pleased, never had either one myself

ItsAdam1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Can't say much for Nitto I never had them other than used drag radials on a different car..

How ever I love Toyo, I have had mine for about 1.5 years and there are still got good life left in them... I think I paid $250/tire for the Toyos but that was at wholesale. Good price for the nittos...

HTH
    Adam Morales
    04 Red Lade

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I would definetly go with the Nittos

Mejia

WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Soft sidewall? Haven't heard anything like that before about the Toyo tires. I have 305/40/22 Toyo Proxes S/T and I am very pleased with them. They are one of the best tires on the market next to Pirelli.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
    Soft sidewall? Haven't heard anything like that before about the Toyo tires. I have 305/40/22 Toyo Proxes S/T and I am very pleased with them. They are one of the best tires on the market next to Pirelli.
    i don't know. i had heard a few people comment about that before coming to this forum and i think i read on a post or two somewhere on this forum that they had soft sidewalls. that could be total BS. i don't know, i don't have them, just what some people have told me.

WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well now you have heard from someone who does. :coolgleam

brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I commented on Toyo tires in a few posts. I had them on my Navigator and liked them but I did have to replace one bc of the sidewall. When i went to get wheels and tires for the Caddi from the shop that I have been going to since i was 16, (and got my toyo's from) they told me they stopped carrying the Toyo's bc they had soft sidewalls and they kept getting people in there with bubbles.

....oh and I also had Toyo's on my Acura a while back and 2 of those tires got bubbles too. The tread on the toyo's last forever and i really liked everything else about the tire. I never really blamed the sidewalls myself, just the roads in D.C. but when the shop told me what they told me, it made more sense!!!

I have had the Kumho's on for about 3 months now ...so far so good..we shall see!

Fuquan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Did you try to see about Kumho

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.