Would you use Jiffy Lube to change oil at the first 500-1000 oil change?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Would you use Jiffy Lube to change oil at the first 500-1000 oil change? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; What about the other oil changes?...
    Grotto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Would you use Jiffy Lube to change oil at the first 500-1000 oil change?

What about the other oil changes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Would you use Jiffy Lube to change oil at the first 500-1000 oil change?

I maybe would use GM's quick lube, but not Jiffy Lube, heard too many bad stories. I prefer to change it myself

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The first oil change I performed on my truck was right away after I picked it up from the dealer.

I changed the oil and filter only 3 hours after I picked up the truck
    I also replaced right away the stock air filter for a K&N stock panel replacement filter.

For oil filter I only use K&N Gold Oil Filter, and Mobil 1 10w-30 or Royal Purple 10w-30.

For all of you here is a little tip. If you look for the K&N oil filter part # on the K&N website or at the books in Pepboys or Autozone it will come up as
    HP-1007, this filter however it is very small. I just dont feel comfortable with a 6.0 liter v8 engine using the oil filter the size of a GeoMetro´soil filter. I use and recomend you to use K&Ns HP-2006 part # filter. This filter is bigger than the HP-1007 and fits without any problems, or leaks.

Just my $.02

PD. I only go to a GreaseMonkey here in Monterrey, I know the owner and most of their staff, however I dont leave my truck out of sight when they are serving it. You never know....

Mejia

I used Jiffy Lube as an example. What I intended to ask was...

do you service your truck at the dealer or most specialized mechanics can do it?

I know that for the Lexus I owned before I always went back to the dealer for service.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: I used Jiffy Lube as an example. What I intended to ask was...

i go to a friend who is a mechanic. had a bad experience with those 'quick' oil change places.

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If you do use a Jiffy Lube just make sure you go out there in the garage and watch them like a hawk

Thank you. What am I watching for.

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'll be the first one to admit that I use Kwick Lube down here in Tejas for most of my vehicles. I look over their shoulder every inch of the way. I watch them remove the filter, drain the oil, reinstall a new filter and the drain plug, add the Mobil One, lube the chassis, and verify that the oil level is resting on full. I do all this while making conversation with the tech. They have no idea I'm watching so closely. Things I don't let them do are vacuum the interior, wash my windows, check my air pressure.

If they told me that I needed to go sit in the waiting room while they did this service - I would take my vehicles elsewhere or just do it myself.

I just purchased a '04 Mercedes SL500 for my wife...that vehicle will go back to Mercedes for its oil changes. As a matter of fact, the SL doesn't even have a dipstick that I have access to. Amazing technology this car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.