Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Would you use Jiffy Lube to change oil at the first 500-1000 oil change?

Would you use Jiffy Lube to change oil at the first 500-1000 oil change?

What about the other oil changes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Would you use Jiffy Lube to change oil at the first 500-1000 oil change?

I maybe would use GM's quick lube, but not Jiffy Lube, heard too many bad stories. I prefer to change it myself

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The first oil change I performed on my truck was right away after I picked it up from the dealer.

I changed the oil and filter only 3 hours after I picked up the truck
    I also replaced right away the stock air filter for a K&N stock panel replacement filter.

For oil filter I only use K&N Gold Oil Filter, and Mobil 1 10w-30 or Royal Purple 10w-30.

For all of you here is a little tip. If you look for the K&N oil filter part # on the K&N website or at the books in Pepboys or Autozone it will come up as
    HP-1007, this filter however it is very small. I just dont feel comfortable with a 6.0 liter v8 engine using the oil filter the size of a GeoMetro´soil filter. I use and recomend you to use K&Ns HP-2006 part # filter. This filter is bigger than the HP-1007 and fits without any problems, or leaks.

Just my $.02

PD. I only go to a GreaseMonkey here in Monterrey, I know the owner and most of their staff, however I dont leave my truck out of sight when they are serving it. You never know....

Mejia

I used Jiffy Lube as an example. What I intended to ask was...

do you service your truck at the dealer or most specialized mechanics can do it?

I know that for the Lexus I owned before I always went back to the dealer for service.

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: I used Jiffy Lube as an example. What I intended to ask was...

i go to a friend who is a mechanic. had a bad experience with those 'quick' oil change places.

If you do use a Jiffy Lube just make sure you go out there in the garage and watch them like a hawk

Thank you. What am I watching for.

I'll be the first one to admit that I use Kwick Lube down here in Tejas for most of my vehicles. I look over their shoulder every inch of the way. I watch them remove the filter, drain the oil, reinstall a new filter and the drain plug, add the Mobil One, lube the chassis, and verify that the oil level is resting on full. I do all this while making conversation with the tech. They have no idea I'm watching so closely. Things I don't let them do are vacuum the interior, wash my windows, check my air pressure.

If they told me that I needed to go sit in the waiting room while they did this service - I would take my vehicles elsewhere or just do it myself.

I just purchased a '04 Mercedes SL500 for my wife...that vehicle will go back to Mercedes for its oil changes. As a matter of fact, the SL doesn't even have a dipstick that I have access to. Amazing technology this car.