dual exhaust
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, dual exhaust in Cadillac Escalade Forums; anyone know of a dual exhaust system for an '02 EXT?? i've been looking at the corsa touring system, but ...
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

dual exhaust

anyone know of a dual exhaust system for an '02 EXT?? i've been looking at the corsa touring system, but today i saw one that had exhaust coming out both sides. it looked pretty cool. either that or maybe coming straight out the back. any ideas??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: dual exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by T_Dogg8
    anyone know of a dual exhaust system for an '02 EXT?? i've been looking at the corsa touring system, but today i saw one that had exhaust coming out both sides. it looked pretty cool. either that or maybe coming straight out the back. any ideas??
    By what I know Corsa has 2 exhaust tips but both come out on the same side. The system that has 2 exhaust tips coming out from both sides is the Borla exhaust. However regarding the Borla Ive read in this forums that there are some annoying noises when cruising in the 65-75 mph. However I cannot confirm that since I havent owned one of such systems.

Mejia

hmm.....i heard that too. i kind of like the look of the dual exhaust though.

i probably have some time to think about it though. the $800 price of the corsa touring means i'll probably have to wait a little while. just too many things to do and no money

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I had a Borla dual system on a Suburban, one of (4) Borla systems I have owned, they all had a slight to medium resonance at speed, on cars with stick shifts you can get around it, but not with automatics. I have owned 4 Corsa systems as well, I have had 3 systems on my Corvettes and I have Corsa on my Escalade, no resonance at any speed with the Corsa.

i just don't want to ruin the 'functionality' of my truck. after all, it is a luxury vehicle.

i don't know what i'm going to do. i guess i'll probably end up with the corsa system. but i want to get wheels or dvd first.

Borla system does look cool with duals, I just did not like the interior noise on longer trips.

yeah.....my thoughts as well. after awhile that gets anooying. i want to have the nice look, nice sound on acceleration, nice sound on the outside, and virtually no sound on the inside. and of course, i want it for cheap

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

i just don't want to ruin the 'functionality' of my truck. after all, it is a luxury vehicle.

i don't know what i'm going to do. i guess i'll probably end up with the corsa system. but i want to get wheels or dvd first.
    I have the same opinion as you. Being a luxury vehicle the last thing one wants inside the truck is exterior resonance. That is why when I upgrade my trucks exhaust system I would go with Corsa Touring Exhaust. I just want a deeper tone on the outside with no resonance at all on the inside.

Mejia

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had the Borla dual unit on my escalade up until last year. It resonated too much for my taste. I replaced the Borla muffler with a magnaflow and it's so much better. Now I have the Magnaflow hooked up to the Borla pipes - looks and sounds very nice.

hmm....hadn't thought about that. how much is the borla system and how much would different mufflers be?

also, can you buy just the mufflers from the corsa touring system?

I was able to buy the Touring muffler when I wanted to replace the Sport muffler.

Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

hmm....hadn't thought about that. how much is the borla system and how much would different mufflers be?
    It wasn't the most economical method of trying to achieve a nice looking / performing / sounding unit. Total cost for both the original Borla system and replacement Magnaflow was about $800. If i could do it all again I would have gone with Corsa. But i have to say that the dual pipes from the Borla look a ton better than Corsa's single side exit.

jahngga is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

yeah.....my thoughts as well. after awhile that gets anooying. i want to have the nice look, nice sound on acceleration, nice sound on the outside, and virtually no sound on the inside. and of course, i want it for cheap
    Tdogg,

The word "cheap" doesn't apply with Escalades, IMO. I mean c'mon bro, you just spent $50,000+ on your ride. I'm sure you're weren't expecting anything to come cheap with these type of plush rides right?!

Anyways, I know what you mean though. After buying my Caddy along with rims, I found myself digging alot deeper into them pockets!

well....the cheap comment was sarcasim because i basically want the best of everything from my exhaust and i'm not sure it's possible. luckily i didn't have to pay 50 grand for my truck. i bought it used and with the cadillac certified used warranty. i know all about paying big bucks for something. i traded in an eclipse that was highly modified. and the stuff for it was at least as expensive and in a lot of cases more expensive than caddy stuff.

but machine, if you think about it, you got the look of the dual exhaust and a good sound, and paid the same price as the corsa touring system. where did you get the borla system?? do you have any pics??

hey hcvone, how much were the corsa mufflers and where did you get them??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.