dual exhaust - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, dual exhaust in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I bought my Borla system form Frank Kent Cadillac in Ft. Worth, TX. He has an aftermarket facility called the ...
    Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: dual exhaust

I bought my Borla system form Frank Kent Cadillac in Ft. Worth, TX. He has an aftermarket facility called the Pit Stop. His shop also installed my supercharger - all under warranty!

Here's a picture of the rear of my Escalade - it's not the best example, though
    Attached Images

T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

that's a nice look. but the cheapest i can find the borla exhaust is about 900. and then i'd have to find other mufflers. the borla has one central muffler, did you replace that or did you add mufflers other places??

do you have any contact info for that dealer??

I replaced the Borla muffler with a single (dual in / dual out) Magnaflow. The Magnaflow is about 2X the size of what the Borla is. Minor treaking had to be made to the Borla pipes to make the new muffler fit, but the end result has been great.

I think I bought my Borla for somewhere aroung $689...almost 2 years ago. Borla is very proud of their exhaust's!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Can't beat that dual exhaust look.

i do like that look but borla retails it at almost 1200 and 900 is the lowest i've seen it. so if anyone has a better place to buy it, let me know.

jahngga is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    I bought my Borla system form Frank Kent Cadillac in Ft. Worth, TX. He has an aftermarket facility called the Pit Stop. His shop also installed my supercharger - all under warranty!

Here's a picture of the rear of my Escalade - it's not the best example, though
    Machine,

Is the exhaust noise loud in the cabin? I want to put dual side exit exhuasts too but afraid that the cabin will get too loud. I have the 2wd 5.3L so I'm not sure what setup/brand I should work with...

It's no longer loud inside my cab since I installed the magnaflow but it was very loud when I had the original Borla. My Magnaflow resonates a tiny bit in the 3000 RPM range - but the majority of my driving is in the 1900 - 2500 range while on the highway and you can't even tell the Magnaflow is back there.

ItsAdam1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

T_Dogg

Whay don't you get a exhaust shop to custom bend you some pipes simliar to the borla pipes so you can get your own muff and have dual exhaust look?

True that. Order your tips from Borla and install a Magnaflow or something else free flowing (No Flowmaster's, please). The only problems you may encounter are that the pipes won't be stainless and the bends won't be mandrel. You could get all of this done for a few hundred $

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I had a custom stainless steel dual exhaust system made for my 00' Suburban using Borla mufflers (that I supplied) that was hooked to long tube headers (which I installed) and it cost an arm and leg, but it was beautiful looking.

hmm, that might be worth looking into. i'll let you guys know.

hcvone, where did you get your touring mufflers?? did you buy them straight from corsa??

ItsAdam1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The other option I did.

When I had my 95 Impala SS my first mod was new mufflers. Well instead of ordering a new kit with new mufflers, I ordered the exhaust pipies that where in the kit seprate.I had O'rieley (sp?) order the pipes b/c the carried walker/dynomax exhaust systems. I don't know if borla will just sell just the pipes but call them,

HTH

another really good idea. thanks guys.
    i'll try that too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.