??service Stability System Light..with Sound??help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, ??service Stability System Light..with Sound??help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey I have a 2002 escalade and apon driving , i hear and feel a buzzing/humming sound coming from the ...
    getlade247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

??service Stability System Light..with Sound??help

Hey
    I have a 2002 escalade and apon driving , i hear and feel a buzzing/humming sound coming from the front of vehicle when i reach 10km...then the service stability light comes on right after...does anyone have any ideas what it could be??

ps the sound buzz'z 2 - 3 times before light come on...
    thanks a million

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wisco919 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: ??service Stability System Light..with Sound??help

I do not mean to walk on your thread Getlade but I have just gotton the same alarm in my '02. I do not have have any related noises but was wondering if there is a coomon source for the fault. I will be putting the machine on a diagnostic this evening to try and find the fault codes. Thanks in advance!

cadillacroadside is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

pull a code before you take advice or jump to any conclusions, the stability light came on for a reason let the computer start the diagnosis for you

Took the truck into the stealership to get her serviced and get to the bottome of the Stability Fault issue. I noticed that the right half of my upper brake light was out so I figured I should just get everything checked out and hope for another 40k of faultless miles. I will update with the cause of the fault when I hear back. Thanks for the advice.

Well it turns out to be a bad Steering Wheel Position Sensor. Simple but semi pricey fix.

getlade247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hmmm ive done some research and that seems to be the most common problem wisco919...still dont know what mine is yet...i know for sure that my stability system is not engaging. Now along with the noise ( when i first start off driving) i can feel it in my foot pedal as well, and the truck seems to be held back untill the buzzing noise goes away. Then the light comes on. this all happens before i get to 40km. The sound seems to be coming from the firewall area near my knees..i hope someone has some ideas..one more thing does anyone know how to pull codes on a 2002 escalade?
    thanks guys!!!

agapeEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by getlade247 View Post
    hmmm ive done some research and that seems to be the most common problem wisco919...still dont know what mine is yet...i know for sure that my stability system is not engaging. Now along with the noise ( when i first start off driving) i can feel it in my foot pedal as well, and the truck seems to be held back untill the buzzing noise goes away. Then the light comes on. this all happens before i get to 40km. The sound seems to be coming from the firewall area near my knees..i hope someone has some ideas..one more thing does anyone know how to pull codes on a 2002 escalade?
    thanks guys!!!
    Have you got a chance to fix this problem? Was this steering wheel position sensor as well?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the steering wheel position sensor is the most common fault in these situations, so if you want to just go throwing parts at it then that's a good bet, but like cadillacroadside said in post #3 get the codes first, that will point you in the right direction
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

sk7
    sk7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade AWD

Another troublesome EBCM module? Did you get the trouble codes?

Reg23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade

Don't mean to bump an old thread, but I figure it would be better than creating a new one for the same issue. I'm having this problem, when the car starts I get the buzzing/grumbling vibration for 5-6 seconds, a few times, before it stop and the service stability system light goes on. In the past I used to hear that sound once in a while but not very often. Like someone else mentioned, touching the breaks interupts the sound.

Mechanic said it would probably cost about 3 grand. I know a lot of people have mentioned that it's an expensive fix, though it also seems like there are a few possible causes. Assuming it's something that is indeed expensive, should I assume it's nothing I can try to find parts for and handle myself? I don't have much experience with cars but everyone has to learn sometime, right.

www.BestBailBond.Net is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): NONE

I have This Same Problem, With my 2002 Escalade EXT

----------

Hit Post Without finishing... I have this SAME Issue EXACTLY as Described atop of this Thread... Upon Starting the 2002 Escalade EXT Up it is FINE. You can go until you hit about 8-10mph You will Hear a Buzz about 2-3 times and almost bogs down for a
    second or two until the Buzzing goes away.. usually 2-3 buzzes about a second each.. When the Buzzing stops; The SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM Orange Light comes on in the message Center.. This Light will Stay on until I turn the truck off.

It CONSISTENTLY Does This... Dont Understand Why, I Hope it Is Not Serious.. But Iam Afraid it may Get Worse...?
    Was Thinking about taking it to a Shop have them look at and Diagnose It...
    Not sure What to do.. I dont Have loads of $$ to spend..
    But IF I DO NOT Address this ASAP Will it become Worse... and More COSTLY?

pouncykt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 2002 does the exact same thing too. It's been going on for about two yrs now and I've learned what speed allows me to coast through the stall and barely feel it. I tried to get it fixed but the dealership changed a switch charged me around 400 then says the BMV will need to be replaced for another 3000.00. So upset it wasn't fixed I just gave up and is hoping it doesn't cause more problems. I just don't want to pay the 3000 and that doesn't work. Otherwise my truck runs just great. Surprisingly no one on hear states that they had it fixed and what exactly. Waiting to know for sure and then I will pay the cost. Luv my truck

Has anyone on here actually had this problem corrected?

the cadillac man is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 cadillac escalade
    Have you tried turning the stability system off and see if the problems continue if not it may be a wheel sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by the cadillac man
    Have you tried turning the stability system off and see if the problems continue if not it may be a wheel sensor.
    I didn't know it could be turned off. Will check into that. Are u referring to the sensor that was on the stem for the tire? I'm sure if u r talking about this but when I put back on the original wheels they didn't put in the sensors. I had 24s on it and they took them and sat the truck on bricks. That happened twice. Could that have damaged something? Thanks for ur response.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.