Good Clay
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, Good Clay in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ok everyone is talking about clayin there truck their wheels etc.. What's the best kind to use and where can ...
    02BlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Good Clay

Ok everyone is talking about clayin there truck their wheels etc.. What's the best kind to use and where can I purchase it. From what I gather this is best done after a wash before waxing???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Good Clay

Quote Originally Posted by 02BlkEXT
    Ok everyone is talking about clayin there truck their wheels etc.. What's the best kind to use and where can I purchase it. From what I gather this is best done after a wash before waxing???
    Ive used the Zaino clay bar and all the Zaino product line, with excellent results. This are aviable only through mail orders.

www.zainobros.com

Mejia

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Zaino, Mother's and Clay Magic are the best clay's. Zaino can be ordered through www.zainobros.com or call or e-mail for a local distributor, Mother's and Clay Magic are sold at many car care stores

TheBehemoth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have only used 2 clays and havent really noticed a big difference between the two. Pinacle Poly Clay and Mothers Clay Bar both work for me. If you get the poly clay, you only get clay, which is kinda a pain because u will need a lubricant such as a quick detail spray. If you get the mothers, you get clay, spray and wax, which to me is a bit of a waste since i never use the mothers liquid wax.

TheB

when you clay can you use any quick detail product as a lubricant? Is there anything else you can or should use b/c I want to clay my wheels and I dont think I should use a quick detail on chrome wheels.

TheBehemoth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

unless they are painted, you shouldnt need to use clay on your wheels...there are plenty of other products for chrome, aluminium, clear coat, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 02BlkEXT
    when you clay can you use any quick detail product as a lubricant? Is there anything else you can or should use b/c I want to clay my wheels and I dont think I should use a quick detail on chrome wheels.
    With our clay we recommend using our car wash, it's cheaper to use than detail sprays and gives you better lubrication. This works great on chrome wheels to remove any dirt buildup without using abrasives, some times with staining on chrome you have to use chrome polishes as a last resort

if you use car wash then you have to wash the car again after claying after you just washed it before you clayed. isnt that a bit much? You would have to wash and dry, then clay and then wash dry again then wax. This seems like more work b/c if you use the detail you are ready to wax after you clay, and my ext is big enough I wouldnt want to double my work . I'm new to this so if this is incorrect please let me know.

No matter who's clay you use you should wash your car after claying, no matter what lube you use (car wash or detail spray) , you want to make sure the surface is clean and there is no clay residue, or other contaminates left from claying.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.