fuel economy - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 28 of 28
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, fuel economy in Cadillac Escalade Forums; what kind of reduced fuel economy should i expect if i get 22s??...
  1. #16
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: fuel economy

    what kind of reduced fuel economy should i expect if i get 22s??

  2. #17
    Machine's Avatar
    Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    148

    Re: fuel economy

    hcvone - how are you getting 19.6 mpg's on the highway? We currently have 3 Escalades in my family (me 2002, Dad 2002, 2004, Sister 2003) and none of them have ever gone over 17.5. Granted, mine is Supercharged but the others are stock. The best mpg's I can get these days is around 16.2 highway and 12 city - and these figures are with me driving like an old lady.

  3. #18
    MEJIA's Avatar
    MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    MONTERREY, MEXICO
    Age
    31
    Posts
    545

    Re: fuel economy

    I get 10.9 or 11.0 MPG city driving.

    My mods are the following:

    Predator programmer
    Granatelli Mass airflow sensor
    K&N replacement filter
    Bosch +4 sparkplugs
    MSD Superconductor wires.

  4. #19
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    H.V., Pa/Town of Webb, NY
    Posts
    12,787

    Re: fuel economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Machine
    hcvone - how are you getting 19.6 mpg's on the highway? We currently have 3 Escalades in my family (me 2002, Dad 2002, 2004, Sister 2003) and none of them have ever gone over 17.5. Granted, mine is Supercharged but the others are stock. The best mpg's I can get these days is around 16.2 highway and 12 city - and these figures are with me driving like an old lady.
    We have been playing with LS1 Edit, trimming fuel and playing with the timing, I was getting 17-17.5 on the highway before, just got back from a 250 mile cruise each way, 19.5 on the way out and 19.6 on the way back, the air/fuel is just about perfect at 11.7-11.9. The guy doing my tuning who has an 03' Escalade with long tube headers is getting just over 20.6 mpg on the highway, of course above 70 mph will decrease this number.

  5. #20
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    H.V., Pa/Town of Webb, NY
    Posts
    12,787

    Re: fuel economy

    One more thing, I have Amsoil synthetic throughout, engine, trans, transfer case and axles, I am sure that is adding to the mileage, and I rechecked the computer numbers to the gallons put into the truck.

  6. #21
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: fuel economy

    Quote Originally Posted by MEJIA
    I get 10.9 or 11.0 MPG city driving.

    My mods are the following:

    Predator programmer
    Granatelli Mass airflow sensor
    K&N replacement filter
    Bosch +4 sparkplugs
    MSD Superconductor wires.
    how loud is your K&N filter?? i've always used K&N but someone on here said it was really loud.

  7. #22
    Machine's Avatar
    Machine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    148

    Re: fuel economy

    No noticable noise increase with just a drop in K&N

  8. #23
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: fuel economy

    what about the k&N system with the pipe and everything?? is that much louder??

    i don't mind a little noise, i just don't want enough that makes it a hassle inside the truck.

  9. #24
    GPSnV1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    22

    Re: fuel economy

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    We have been playing with LS1 Edit, trimming fuel and playing with the timing, I was getting 17-17.5 on the highway before, just got back from a 250 mile cruise each way, 19.5 on the way out and 19.6 on the way back, the air/fuel is just about perfect at 11.7-11.9. The guy doing my tuning who has an 03' Escalade with long tube headers is getting just over 20.6 mpg on the highway, of course above 70 mph will decrease this number.
    Are you still getting this kind of mpg? What octane do you use?

  10. #25
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    H.V., Pa/Town of Webb, NY
    Posts
    12,787

    Re: fuel economy

    I got 19.2 on a trip last weekend, I ran for over 80 mph for a while (long while) and that took away some mpg. I only run 93 octane, either Sunoco, Mobil or Amaco

  11. #26
    GPSnV1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    22

    Re: fuel economy

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I got 19.2 on a trip last weekend, I ran for over 80 mph for a while (long while) and that took away some mpg. I only run 93 octane, either Sunoco, Mobil or Amaco
    Amazing. BTW, I have gotten 20.3 with my '02 Overland using lowest octane available.

  12. #27
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    H.V., Pa/Town of Webb, NY
    Posts
    12,787

    Re: fuel economy

    Quote Originally Posted by GPSnV1
    Amazing. BTW, I have gotten 20.3 with my '02 Overland using lowest octane available.
    That is good, I never got over 20 mpg in either Overland, close but not over. I run lower octane in my green Overland when I have too, but the red one had a lot of mods and I have to run at least 93.

  13. #28
    T_Dogg8's Avatar
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,860

    Re: fuel economy

    i've been getting about 15 to 16.5 in my EXT. i'd love to get to the 17-20 range.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting