sub placement - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, sub placement in Cadillac Escalade Forums; but then you mess with the rear speakers and that messes with the overall quality of your sound....
    T_Dogg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade EXT 2003 CTS

Re: sub placement

but then you mess with the rear speakers and that messes with the overall quality of your sound.

joshuap is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

First off, the sub placement could be on the other side then where the rear speakers are, but you are going to need an audio guy who knows what he is doing. Secondly, rear speakers are VERY rarely used in SQ competitions, onyl the fronts matter. However, when rears are used, they are ONLY used as rear fill. If you had a set of dynaudio 3 way speakers up front, you wouldn't have to worry about the rear speakers.

i'm not worried about competitions. i just want quality audio in my truck for all the passengers. right now there's not enough bass. i don't need a lot, but i do want more than i have now.

Well your options are to strategically place some 8" subs in the truck, possibly swicth out the factory sub in the center console with something other, and/or my idea of placing the subs under the rear bed of the truck and porting to under the rear seats. How often will you frun with the rear seats down? if not often, then it might be best for you to throw a 10" under each rear seat that is removable. There is only so many choices with the EXT.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have two 10's and an amp underneath my back seats. YOu can go to any box maker and have them make you a custom box for under the back seats. My midgate can still be folded and used.

do you have any pics?? when i lay my seats down flat i only have a couple of inches.

You ever get an SPL measurement?

Rex
    Rex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ran a line from the rear microphone jack that splits into 2 female rca cables , ran 2 male cables to an amp under the rear seat. took out the midgate and have 2 10" subs hooked up to the amp. Haven't really notice any lose with the midgate but the sound is awesome.

using the midgate is the only way i've been able to figure out how to do it. but i don't want to give up my midgate. i'd like to see some pics of how some people put subs under the seats. i don't see how it's possible, but if it is, i'd love to see how.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.