Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Radio buttons and Steering Wheel controls flaking?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DaddyO 
#1 ·
I have an 03 with the NAV DVD radio. Does anyone else have this problem? On some of the buttons on my nav radio and on some of the steering wheel radio the "black" is flaking off. Looks bad.

#6 ·
I had two or three buttons down the right side of the nav unit on my 2003 starting to flake (the most used buttons in both nav & radio mode). Looked particularly bad at night when the light shined thru. Mentioned it while the truck was in for routine service & they replaced the head unit - no questions asked (then again, my service guy has been really helpful). Got the impression they had seen it before. There may be a a problem with the paint they used, but I have a suspicion one needs to be careful about contacting the buttons with a fingernail when they're pushed. My steering wheel buttons are fine - but - I rarely use them & when I do, I make sure I just use the side of my thumb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.