No Sound, No power door locks ... :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 1999 - 2006 Discussion, No Sound, No power door locks ... :( in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2000 escalade. I have no audio from the speakers. Where is the amp located? The fuses are ...
    TenSecondSnake is offline Cadillac Owners Member

No Sound, No power door locks ... :(

I have a 2000 escalade. I have no audio from the speakers. Where is the amp located? The fuses are good, the radio comes on. However there is no sound whatsoever. Can someone tell me the location of the amp that I might check for fuses there.

Also the power door locks are not working. Either via the remote or the door control. Any ideas? All fuses associated with these issues are in good working order. Ideas anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Daryl in KY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

Re: No Sound, No power door locks ... :(

10-2nd, I have a '00 Lade also. When the wife misplaced her set of keys/remote I figured it was time to get another set made. The dealer attempted to do this but ran into issues with the On-Star system. They had to replace some of the electronics because the On-Star, locks, radio, anti-thief are all interconnected. I think that there is a service bulliton on this. The dealer told me that there were some problems with the On-Star on the '00 Lades. This may not be related to your problem, but you may want to check it out. You may want to check some of the other fuses because there is more than one fuse involved. There are probably 2 or 3 fuses directly related to the On-Star & anti-thief system, which is linked to the radio and the locks. From what you describe, I bet that the On-Star system is involved with what is going on with your Lade.

Harrison256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

make sure its not fuse... lol... they always interconnect the most random things... door locks and radio on one fuse... lol on a friends car the interior lights and the speedo were interconnected...whats funny is that everything on the gauge cluster worked except for the speedo with that messed up fuse

skides1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Fuse! Always check the fuse first.

Harrison256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

exactly what i said...

TenSecondSnake is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Fuses are not the issue. I put a test light on every fues on the panel located near the driver side door. It sounds more like its related to the onstar system. How I go about repairing that?

Additionaly, the remote failed. And I had to put the key into the ignition to turn the alarm off. I replaced the battery in the remote. But it still does'nt work. Is it possible there is a reset switch or someting involved with the onstar function?

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

If you plug headphones into the rear jacks, do you have sound? Also, will it still play CD's? Also, does the key in the ignition warning chime work. This should sound if you turn the ignition on, then off, with the door closed. Open the door with key still in the ignition, chime should sound.

It sounds like this is all related to either the courtesy circuit, or the retained accessory power functions. Likely suspects would be the door lock relay, loose connections at the radio head to the speaker feeds, or possibly the body control module. Without seeing the vehicle, those are best guesses.

Daryl in KY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade

10 2nd,

If you replace the battery in the remote, it has to be reprogrammed. But if there is something wrong with the remote receiver or security system you'll be AOL.

Does the horn work? If it doesn't, there could be an issue in the fuse block under the hood.

It is very difficult to get information on the security system on the Lades, probably to make it difficult for the thief rings to figure out how to override the security system. I know by experience that if you disturb the wrong thing in the electronics it will disable the electrical system and it takes a dealer to get it operable. Had to have mine towed to the dealer. An expensive experiment when trying to reprogram the computer with a performance module. Made me very gun-shy of tinkering with the electronics.

Try calling the raodside assistance number and see if they can give you any ideas. But I suspect you're in for a trip to the dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.